sunlounger 2nd procedure in Poland

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
sunlounger
Family Elder

sunlounger 2nd procedure in Poland

Post by sunlounger »

Hi all,

I originally came to Poland 13th Jan where I had balloon angioplasty on my left jugular, unfortunally I never had any improvements and when I returned in March for a check up I found that I had restenosis so yesterday 7th May I had a second procedure to try and correct this.

Well things have changed since my first visit and the whole experience was made a lot easier by the excellent drivers and I was very grateful to have my friend Iwona there with her mum who had also restenosis from her original ballooning in Jan , Her mum had ballooning again and her vein became to wide to place a stent so hopefully this will mean see will not restenosis again in the future,

My only disappointment was the night nurses still not speaking English as there where a few times it would have been helpful if they understood what I was asking,

Anyway once in the procedure room they first checked my right jugular and found there was a slight stenosis which they corrected with a balloon, and then tried the same on my left jugular but this did not hold up so they implanted 2xstents [16x60mm and 16x20mm] which I was happy about but quite shocked that they had used 2 but asking them they explained why it was necessary so I cant see there being a problem with any restenosis in the future,

Was lucky enough to meet Mutley who was about to head home the next day and have meet some really nice Canadians,
Saw but did not speak to Markus77, Mags and Esta as they where leaving as I arrived at Euromedic Friday,

So far apart from warm hands I have not noticed any improvements but I am realistic and was told I really need to give it 3 months,
I will update my tracking soon with any improvements I hopefully have in the next coming days,weeks or months,

Good luck to those waiting you could not be in better hands here,

:D :D :D :D :D
You might find that you’re not lost
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Good to hear from you Sunlounger;)

I am glad to hear the procedure went well.

Speak soon

x
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

Glad to hear things went smoothly. Did they mention the rate of re-stenosis they're seeing there?

How much did they charge for re-ballooning and stenting on a second round?

Do you think that a Polish/English dictionary might have helped for basic translations during the evening hours?
fiddler
Family Elder

English

Post by fiddler »

Sunlounger, when you get a chance, could you (and anyone else who has gone through the Euromedic process) send me a list of phrases that a) you might want to use to explain things to the nurse and b) phrases that a nurse might want to use to explain things to you. My wife and I have promised Euromedic that we will produce such a double list that they can translate into Polish and that all patients and nurses can have with them during the procedure stay. Actually, my wife was suggesting that there could also be a more general sheet produced that explains the process that patients will go through. All of this can then be translated into other languages, as well, if we can get some multilingual volunteers to help.

...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Edser
Family Elder

Post by Edser »

Good afternoon Stefan & TiMS,
Well done on your Procedure & take it nice & easy.Remembering 2 step's forward & 1 step back.With this you will be going forward all the time.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna.
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwona

Post by Iwona »

Hi all!
I'm Sunloungers friend. As he said my mom had second balloning yesterday. I hope she will get some improvements soon. And you too Sunlounger :)
I'm polish so if you need me as your translator just ask me :)
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Hey Iwona,
I didn't know your mum was going back in this week:)
I hope she also recovers well

L x
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

All the best to your Mum, Iwona, and to you, sunlounger. Thanks for letting the Doctors practice on you!
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Katie41
Family Elder

Post by Katie41 »

Ted,

Great idea! I sent the following to Euromedic as suggestions, but, much better to get it translated and sent to them:
Written instructions in several different languages that can be handed to patients upon arrival in Katowice and in the hospital.

1. Keep leg straight, don't bend at groin, for six hours after procedure
2. No getting up for 6 hours after procedure
3. Take off all jewelry
4. No food or drink 6 hours prior to procedure
5. No food or drink 3 hours after procedure
6. Procedures usually carried out in afternoon to late afternoon, early evening

Card with appt dates and times and pickup dates and times.
How long should traveling companions expect to stay at clinic
How traveling companions get home from clinic
Is it OK to turn head? (never did find that out)

Everyone will have their own ideas. These were the things we thought would be helpful.
Katie41
sunlounger
Family Elder

Post by sunlounger »

Hi all,

Iwona :D thanks for the offer to translate and for your help when I was there, I hope your mum is ok and will start seeing improvements soon,

I have meet Esta, Mags and Markus77 at breakfast today its great there are so many of us here from TIMS,

Ted I totally agree with making this list and agree with Katie 41 suggestions and will send you my mine also,
You could email them to Iwona to get them translated before you send to Euromedic if needed,

But don’t you think really they should have at least one nurse on duty that can speak good English,I mean there are so many of us English speaking patients having the treatment and there is all ways going to be questions and needs which might not be listed,

Look forward to return home tomorrow and getting back to my normal routine where I hope I will notice some improvements or more importantly no more progression :D :D :D
You might find that you’re not lost
openmind
Getting to Know You...

Post by openmind »

well done stefan. glad it all went well for you and realy hope that this time you get some great results coming through, now you need to hold onto "patience" and this is another lesson :lol: good luck for the future mate Jo xxxxx
Iwona

Post by Iwona »

1. Trzymaj nogi prosto, nie zginaj przez 6 godzin po zabiegu.
2. Nie wstawaj przez 6 godzin po zabiegu.
3. Zdejmij całą bizuterie
4. Nie pij i nie jedz przez 6 godzin przed zabiegiem
5. Nie pij i nie jedz przez 3 godziny po zabiegu.
6. Zabiegi zazwyczaj wykonywane są po poludniu lub wieczorem.

I can also translate it in germany but i'm not sure if anyone from Germany comming there ??

The problem with english have only nurses :/ But their divers are very well in english. I thing they can afford english cours for nurses.

Oh! There is one more big problem in the clinic! No call buttons in rooms so you have no chance to call anybody. I thing I saw two by two beds but its not enough. if you need somebody you must shout :/

I'd like to say thank you to my friend Stefan who teach me english. Now I'm much better than in januar :)
fiddler
Family Elder

Thanks

Post by fiddler »

Thanks Katie and Sunlounger. I have started the list (in English), so everyone can either send them to me or post them on here. Then perhaps I'll start a new post with our initial ideas and request that other Katowice veterans suggest additions or modifications.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”