Egypt-wheelchair-Won't treat?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Egypt-wheelchair-Won't treat?

Post by thornyrose76 »

Is it true that doctor's in Egypt won't perform the angioplasty on anyone who has MS and is in a wheelchair? :cry:
BELOU
Family Elder

Yes.

Post by BELOU »

Yes this is true. I talked to Sinan and he confirmed that they will not treat people in wheelchair.
Ali888
Family Member

Post by Ali888 »

Egypt will not treat if you are bedridden or confined ro a wheelchair because they do not think there will be much benefit.
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

Post by EnjoyingTheRide »

I can't help but chime in here, as a person with MS and CCSVI, who is in a wheelchair, and who was a CCSVI patient of Dr. Sclafani in March.

Sure, opening our veins won't get us up out of our wheelchairs, but it may stop further damage from occuring, so that we remain able to use wheelchairs in the future, rather than being bed ridden.

Come on Egypt. Don't write us off just because we can't make impressive before and after videos!
Mitch
Please visit my blog at www.enjoyingtheride.com
Shueywho
Family Member

Post by Shueywho »

I wonder if you are right about those before and after videos. Maybe they do only want the impressive results to boost business. I hope not, but....
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

Ali888 wrote:Egypt will not treat if you are bedridden or confined ro a wheelchair because they do not think there will be much benefit.
WHAT?!?!?!
they surely dont understand the machanism of CCSVI or simply just want better marketing

both is painful
Sasani

Post by Sasani »

I have spoken to Dr. Sinan who says he will treat wheelchair people who can walk 20meters with a walker.

Glenys
kc
Family Elder

Post by kc »

This has to be the most absurd thing I have ever heard. As far as marketing goes, someone with ccsvi in a wheelchair who gets liberated, and then doesn't need the wheelchair is DA BEST! We have seen pre post videos of this. I cannot remember her code name but the woman who was in the scooter who then was able to pick up her grandchild while standing.

Egypt be real.

kc
Trine
Family Member

Post by Trine »

Good thing there are many other locations now offering this treatment and are not discriminating. Besides, I haven't heard very many reports out of Egypt anyway.
Notdoneyet
Family Member

Post by Notdoneyet »

In defence of Dr Tareq Sinan's team, treating people in Egypt, I would like to say that things are not as easy for a disabled person in Egypt, as here. The clinic where we were tested, especially was not that conducive to a wheelchair, let alone a bed. I don't know for sure, but perhaps in Kuwait he is able to treat all cases of MS. :)

Colin
Zjay

Re: Egypt-wheelchair-Won't treat?

Post by Zjay »

The people who are involved in the treatment must get focused so that things will e much easier and faster. The patient seemed to be hopeful that the day of his recovery will come at the SOONEST time. That will be done by the aid of these people.
Last edited by Zjay on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

I emailed him today but it came back to me. Has this happened to anyone else?
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

without a more valid reason - screw them . I am in a wheel chair and can't wait to see if I can have my progression slowed or stopped for how ever long. I will let everyone know how it helped me or not once my procedure is done-hopefully in next 3 months-either in Poland or San Diego.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Notdoneyet wrote:In defence of Dr Tareq Sinan's team, treating people in Egypt, I would like to say that things are not as easy for a disabled person in Egypt, as here. The clinic where we were tested, especially was not that conducive to a wheelchair, let alone a bed. I don't know for sure, but perhaps in Kuwait he is able to treat all cases of MS. :)

Colin
It could be to do with accessibility, yes. Maybe the building is such that the insurance doesn't cover wheelchair-bound people or something like that?
pebbles2

Post by pebbles2 »

Have you ever been to Egypt, it would be impossible to get into most of the old buildings there, it is so old....probably just not practical