Testing

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Kuly
Getting to Know You...

Testing

Post by Kuly »

Hi,
have had M.S. for x15 years which is now SPMS and am booked for AMEDS in early Aug in Poland. My question is my daughter who is 17 has had migraine head aches for most of her life and as of late has been dizzy and has even fainted....maybe viral but want her veins looked at. What tests would the thisisms community recommend?

Regards,

Martin
:?
joanp
Family Member

Post by joanp »

i would go with the same tests as you to determine if she has ccsvi too.
joge
Family Elder

gp

Post by joge »

I'd go to my with her GP first, for a basic checkup. Maybe later, I would let her check for CCSVI. And thenI wouldn't go to such an expensive adress. Belgium is much cheaper. CT scan 300 euro, consult & doppler 40 euro.
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

Patent of Foramen Ovale, PFO, can be looked at now with Transcranial doppler, it's being researched actively for migraine syndromes but
it is only theorized research at this time
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Your daughter should be tested..and your son and their children.. this, I feel, is the dam break that public healthcare fears. How will they keep up with the demand? Not our problem to resolve but it will be ours to deal with when the gates open and the waiting list fills. I truly believe that this is a monumental roadblock. Treat one and you must treat all.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Doppler transcranial ultrasound and MRV of the veins. I too would be trying to get her tested.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition