in today's Edmonton Journal

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
PCakes
Family Elder

in today's Edmonton Journal

Post by PCakes »

MarkW
Family Elder

Inaccurate Article

Post by MarkW »

Big news: Zamboni is a neurologist !!!!
I recommend anyone talking to a journalist prepares a printed script and background info and also loads this onto a disc or memory stick for the journalist.
A boy scout or girl guide knows 'Be Prepared'.............
MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

there are a few 'errors' in here.. i think the costs are a little inflated as well... but i do think it's enough to open the eyes of a few more supporters. Most won't even notice the neuro reference..they will however talk of the improvements and share them with other MSer's.. "did you hear...?!" and so on and so on and so on... :)
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

PCakes did you hear? - breaking news on f.b. - we are all meeting
11 August, unbelievable!!!! Thanks to all the folks that have worked
so hard on this and for so long and especially the media that
have just been such a hugh part of the campaign.

Special thanks to Brightspot, Johnson (not really) and Lilsis and
MS Reform Society. See you there if you can make it.

Please let Johnson know if anyone is still in touch with him I'm sure
it would mean a great deal to him.

Hope you can be there to be witness and saviour the moment.

A massive undertaking will be underway now to prepare, we will
do everything we can to make it a success.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Mangio..wow!! thanks.. action of any kind is promising.. this is very exciting.. !!

Johnson just might be watching.. he'll let us know ;)
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

The response on CCSVI at UBC facebook to the Aug 11 meeting is a bit underwhelming?.. is this for real? :?
Lori Batchelor I have been personally informed by an executive assistant at the BC Ministry of Health that there is going to be a meeting with clinicians, the MS Society, the College of Physicians, and others regarding the issue of CCSVI testing/treatment for people with MS, on Aug. 11, 2010. Let's hope they do the right thing!
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

My reader comment to the Edmonton Journal.

As someone who lives with this condition, I would gladly go and get the proper Doppler ultrasound to see whether I have CCSVI. In my case, I find it likely because I already have identified structural abnormalities, a class III maloccusional, a military neck, lumbarization, and very small veins systemically. I have been sitting in a wheelchair now for six years, and my Dr. wanted me to go for testing for vascular obstruction in my legs. However, I pointed out to him that my feet are perfectly pink in the mornings after I have been lying down in a certain position. I am running out of time and hope, and I find it obscene that we can spend 1200 million dollars on G20 security for a bunch of overfed politicians... but we're supposed to wait to make sure that this is a judicious use of money. What a screwed up society. We could have treated every single person in Canada for this amount of obscene money. If you are going to argue on the economics of it, you have lost any validity of the argument with the G20 debacle.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”