MS lassitude what do you do?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
msmything
Family Elder

MS lassitude what do you do?

Post by msmything »

OK, I know we've all been there.

I'm really stuggling with a can't do attitude.

I've a relatively small project to do for work, that could very possibly net me a good cash return, and since there is no deadline, even in my head, i can't get it done.

Absolutely can't.

Fire under the butt, cattle prod?

What do you folks do???
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

yes i'm repling to my own post.

One of the things I forgot to mention is that I can manage to do 'tasks' with not too much of an issue, however, things that are kinda optional i struggle with.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
patientx
Family Elder

Post by patientx »

I wish I had a good answer, because I have sorta the same problem. I have a pretty tough time doing tasks at work that I perceive as boring or mundane... Of course, I've always had this problem, so I can't say for sure if it's the MS, but it does seem to be a little worse.

Maybe lots of coffee? Sometimes that helps get me going.
LadyDoe
Family Member

Post by LadyDoe »

My answer probably wont be helpful, but I CANT seem to function when ive been delegated a task. If i am left at my free will - i can do ANYTHING!

However, lassitude is horrible. but thanks to the occupational therapist at the MS society, i rest quite frequently (2-3 naps a day) and i havent hit lassitude in months!! i find if i dont rest, lassitude is not far behind.

But i understand how you feel :( it's horrible.

Bless x
... if it's going to be, it's up to me ... :)
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

Coffee is indeed a very good friend...but it seems for the past couple of years all that it does is keep me from 'having' to have a nap. I'm still minimally functional.
And, Lady Doe, it seems that, on retrospect, I used to only be able to do the most 'choice' of options on my plate.
Now, it's the opposite, I'm completely task oriented, as if i would be an ideal factory line worker.
I can't seem to get my mind in gear. I basically have this project finished, but have re-worked it, and re-researched it, and re-worded it to death, and don't have a finished product.
I roll over and over in my mind, (I hate to get too analytical), is it some kind of fear of failure junk? Because if I can't make this work I don't know how I'll support myself, I'm out of options, mostly on the health insurance front...

I've tried provigil, no help at all. I took a nap on it after I stopped feeling awful.

Perhaps adderal or ritalin? Anyone have experience there?
ms_turophile
Getting to Know You...

Post by ms_turophile »

Deleted
Last edited by ms_turophile on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellen
Getting to Know You...

MS lassitude

Post by ellen »

When I'm tired, achy, cranky, etc., if I do a little yoga I do find myself refreshed and feeling some better. Sometimes it is just hard to force myself to exercise. But it does make me feel better.

Ellen
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

Oh my, ms turo_phile (what is a turo, and why do you like them?)

The house is kinda falling down around my ears at the moment, but I'm OK with that to an extent.
I've a number of days off in a row coming up during which I will accomplish, little by little, organizational comfort.

This is work related, and I have no deadline, and am having such a time enforcing one on myself.

Exercise and me are good friends. I do feel better afterwards, with some clarity of thought increase, but motivation I'm just lacking elsewhere.

Where are elves when you need them?
ms_turophile
Getting to Know You...

Post by ms_turophile »

Deleted
Last edited by ms_turophile on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

msmything-
have had this problem for years--never able to get help from professionals--not sure if is the ms or not (but then again, what is MS?), but does seem to be a brain disorder of some sort.
I find Niacin and vitamin B6 and Zinc in large doses seems to help the most from anything I've tried, but need it consistently. (and need to take them along with a good diet). The first studies done on using these nutirients were done on prisoners of war, who could not function-- body or mind-- despite getting nutrition corrected--the high doses of Niacin and B6 got them moving, both body and motivationally.
The mega doses seemed to overcome the damage, if taken daily.

Return to “General Discussion”