Inclined Bed Therapy

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

Given how long it has taken people to get to the point of trying IBT a little more patience is definately in order :)

Remember also there are seasonal variation in ms symptoms and high humidity is definately something to be aware of.

Hanging washing out to dry around the home is a big "don't do it" Showering or bathing in poorly ventilated living areas is another risk factor, so is cooking in pans on the stove, all will significantly increase the humidty. Warm summer air holds far more moisture than cold winter air too.

If you suspect humidity might be high, obtain a humidity meter and take some readings in your home over a week or so.

Hope this is of some use

Andrew
Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) | http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Hi Andrew
I've now been doing the IBD for about 4 months.

Positive - warmer hands and feet
Negative - loud pulse in left ear when lying down.

Other than that I am sorry to say there have been no other changes long term.

I'll keep going with it because I don't think it's making me much worse but my fatigue is much the same as ever and that is the worst MS symptom I have. I suppose I was hoping the fatigue would improve a bit more but I suppose you can't win them all
:wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

4 months of IBT

Wonderfulworld

4 months of IBT is around the time people with long term progressive ms have reported significant improvements. It is also the same timescale for significant improvements in people with spinal cord injury. 4 months is also the time it takes for a damaged optic nerve in fish and frog to restore itself in clinical conditions.

Hang on in there.

Andrew
Sleeping Inclined To Restore and Support Your Health For Free. Fascinating Science, Discovery, History and Medical Research In Circulation And Posture.
pmouse
Family Member

Post by pmouse »

Andrew and the rest.

Yesterday I found out that one doctor, specialized in veins, talking about CCSVI mentioned that because of possible vein refluxes, he would rather sleep in half siting position. After mentioning IBT, he was surprised that this was already known around the world.

For me this was obvious confirmation from official medicine of what I already knew. IBT helps me and many other MS and varicose patients.

Please take it seriously and don’t stop.
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Some kind person hacked my website and changed the template to foul language etc. Luckily got a bit of an idea about websites now so changed it all back :)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

AndrewKFletcher wrote:Some kind person hacked my website and changed the template to foul language etc. Luckily got a bit of an idea about websites now so changed it all back :)
That's rotten.

I continue to use IBT and feel better because of it. In the heat of summer, I am taking half the Provigil I used to have to take and I credit IBT for that change. I am still tired, I still have MS, but feeling even a little better is huge.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Since delivery of my baby, Arthur, all of my MS symptoms except walking ability have significantly improved. I think the pace of recovery in myoclonus and bladder control may be down to the inclined bed. I am hoping I can get Dr Simka to incline me when I see him in mid-october and compare inclined scans with simply supine. :)
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Hi Gibbledy
sorry Andrew but as an aside, Gibbledy BIG CONGRATULATIONS! Arthur is a lovely name. I hope things are going well for you so far, it's tough being a Mum with MS but for me, 2 and a half years into Mummy-dom, it's been the best thing I've ever done in my life.
So happy to see your good news :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
spiff1970
Family Member

Post by spiff1970 »

Hi all,

I have been using the inclined bed therapy for a couple of weeks now. I am feeling some positive results: I sleep better, have less spasms, no sleep apnea and basically any other weird, MS related symptoms, which made sleep difficult has regressed. The only problem is that during the day my legs do actually feel heavier and crampier than usual. It feels as sand has been thrown inside my legs from the knees down. I wonder if that's normal and it happens to you. I know having spinal lesions plays a big part in it as I've always had symptoms from the knees down but it happens to feel worse after the IBT. Is this normal at all?

Thanks for your attention,

Spiff
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Hi Spiff

Yes it's normal to experience stiffness aches and pains akin to working out in a gymnasium when your not used to it.

Some have said the first two weeks is very uncomfortable, while others report only improvements. It may well be down to where the lesions are.

Andrew
eyebrow
Family Member

Inclined bed therapy

Post by eyebrow »

:? Hi all you that know more than me about this. I have only heard of it since I started looking at CCSVI. What I don't understand is that I frequently have swollen ankles and knees, and doctors have advised me to put my feet up, preferably higher than hip level. I have mobility problems, (Dropped foot) Presumably, blood has to drain 'upwards' from the lower extremeties. So are these two pieces of advice contradictory, or both correct for different reasons? I also have optical nerve damage, trigeminal neuralgia, coughing, phlegm and snoreing (extreme), so where does all this leave me? Any advice/suggestions?
Miia
Getting to Know You...

Post by Miia »

Hi,
I've started IBT again 2 weeks ago. First week with 2 inches and now second week 4 inches.
I think I sleep very well but is it normal to feel very tired in the morning and during the day?
I've allready been liberated, so at least on my right IJV there shouldn't be reflux, so do you have an opinion if IBT is good for me or not?

I've no idea, if the tiredness comes from the bed or am I restenosing. I'm going for check up to Poland in November.
Thanks!
-Miia
perso

Post by perso »

I know a person who is after the procedure, in Poland , and her control USG ( by dr. Simka ) showed blocked vein in a lying position. After inclined , flow in her veins back to normal.

IMHO, IBT is particularly important after the surgery (valves in the vein, in most cases, are destroyed during liberation procedure ).
Lack of valves can cause, in some cases, blood reflux to the brain ( valves were thare to prevent such reflux )
Miia
Getting to Know You...

Post by Miia »

Thanks, Perso, that makes sense what comes to destroyed valves.

I've got another question. I woke up this morning again very tired, after well slept night and it crossed my mind weather it has something to do with this that my blood pressure is comparably low (70/100). What if the blood flows very well out off my brain but not so well in when in inclined bed? What if my brain just can't get enough blood during the night to rest and "reset"?
JK2010

IBT Questions

Post by JK2010 »

Hi,

My wife and I have been sleeping inclined 6" for about 7 months now. The first week my wife (MS diagnose about 13 yrs ago) saw some improvements by not getting up so often at night. I found it was easier for me to get up in the AM. However, we haven't seen any other benefits since. She's also had 2 angioplasty treatments with no benefits yet, and is on 4.5 mg LDN.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience, and if so, does it just take longer for some people to see the benefits of IBT? I was thinking of raising it to 8", but wanted to hear some other's experiences/recommendations first.

Sincerely,
John