Just a BAD COPY......

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
BadCopy
Family Elder

Just a BAD COPY......

Post by BadCopy »

Well I will be headed to NY on Thursday and "under the knife" on Friday. And I couldn't be happier. I will be at the hospital.

Having been diagnosed way back in 1993 and self diag as SP since 2006-7 I don't expect reversal. I guess I just hope that I have the issue and it's correctable.

I will be updating after my procedure but most likely not for at least a few days. I am going to hang out in NY for a few days post op. If anyone has any specific ? about the process/procedure that has not been answered send me a PM or ask on this thread and I will try to answer.

This is just a personal thing, but I am going to see if there is a way to make a small cash donation to either Albany Med Center IR Dept OR CCP (off-site clinic). I am not well off so when I say small I mean small :lol: I think maybe it would help them keep costs down at the off-site clinic or maybe put towards equip/research/training.

Good Luck to all !
BooBear
Family Elder

Post by BooBear »

Best of luck to you, Bad Copy!! All will be well- you are in very good hands at Albany.

Make sure to keep us posted!!!!!!
Three veins angioplastied.  One renewed life.  
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

all the best :!:
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

Great. Best of luck and a speedy journey to liberation!!! :D

Rox
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Post by CCSVIhusband »

Do you know which doctor is doing your procedure?

All the best BadCopy!

I hope you get 1,000,000 Mg's of placebo ... each day for the rest of your life.
garyak
Family Elder

Post by garyak »

I wish you the best , I hope to have my procedure in Sept and also have gaurded optimism because I have self diagnosed PPMS and just hope for slowing of progression . Anything else will be like christmas.
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

Good luck Badcopy! ++++++ vibes being sent!
JCB
Family Elder

Post by JCB »

Good Luck, I will be heading East from the Land of 10,000 lakes in Sept.

Looking forward to hearing how you progress. I am trying to keep my expectations in check as well.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Best wishes for wonderful results....
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Hoping all the best for you!
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
bluesky63
Family Elder

Post by bluesky63 »

All the very best to you, and what a lovely generous impulse! :-)
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

Yay. Wishing you best results and lots of improvements.
:D
BadCopy
Family Elder

Post by BadCopy »

CCSVIhusband wrote:Do you know which doctor is doing your procedure?

All the best BadCopy!

I hope you get 1,000,000 Mg's of placebo ... each day for the rest of your life.
Not sure. Just know that all the DR contact I have had has been with Siskin. And I am at the hospital. Thats funny, I was thinking that I would be very happy with some of that Placebo I keep hearing about !

Thanks all for the kind words and yes I will update after returning. I know what its like when waiting and wanting to know everything you can. And wanting reassurance that you are doing the right thing, etc.........
MS_HOPE
Family Elder

Post by MS_HOPE »

Sending you positive, healing thoughts for your Albany Adventure, Bad Copy! Best of luck!
CCSVI:  Making Sense of MS
sgriff
Getting to Know You...

Post by sgriff »

Bad Copy -

It's good that your expectations are realistic - you don't want to be devastated in case you don't see results. But I wanted to share a little about my husband's experience as it is similar to yours. He was diagnosed in 1992 and had symptoms for about 5 years before that.

His liberation was on August 10th. He is seeing some improvement. He is noticing less brain fog, more energy, better color around his ankles AND his legs are stronger! He is also having more ease with emptying his bladder. His gait has not really improved yet, but his legs are definitely stronger. He got in the car the other day and didn't have to pick up his other leg to get it in. That was huge.

So, there's hope for you! It was awesome seeing the "concept" that I've read so much about become reality.

I wish you the best. Do keep your expectations low because I confess, even though I thought I had realistic expectations, I was bummed when we didn't see the WOW results! Shame on me. I guess I was afraid it wasn't going to work for him.

Best of luck to you!

Sandra

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”