Eye floaters / Mouches volantes

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
panAmerica

Eye floaters / Mouches volantes

Post by panAmerica »

Hi everyone,

since years or more detailed since my second ms-attack and cortisone i'm suffering with this damn eye floaters. Can anyone reoport any changes after the procedure? Is there hope that its getting better?
Maybe someone has any hint how to get rid of them? Pls don't say try to ignore them i try hard but its impossible :(

thx
pan
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Surgery can remove them; they suck the liquid in the eye (with the floater).

Hope this help :)
panAmerica

Post by panAmerica »

thanks algis i now about the surgerys "vitrectomy" and "YAG-laser" but i read that:

the first option can cause extreme side effects even blindness
the second often causes even more floaters :(

So my personal opinion is liberation will not help but nevertheless i have hope that someone made another experience?
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Can only speak from my experience: I was 80% blind because of cataracts. When the Dr. fixed them she said "while I'm in I'll remove all floaters and debris...".

Since then I see like a 15 y.o. kid.

(of course removal of the cataracts - the lens - leave you with glasses - far or close - your choice)
nellie
Family Elder

Post by nellie »

I, too, have an extremely large eye floater for at least 18 years. I have tried my hardiest here in Minnesota to find a Doctor willing to use laser but they won't do it due to complications. Seems it is very risky I'm told. I agree that it is so annoying & interferes with reading in that eye. If anyone knows of a Doctor willing to treat I would appreciate it, also.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

read this bit by Dr. Andrew Weil

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA400039
Andie
Family Member

got rid of my floaters.

Post by Andie »

couple months ago I had floaters for the first time-- very annoying and I went to my vitamin guy ( who I completely truct and love) who said it's a yeast thing-- what? then i did some internet research and I thought why not try it-- so I removed all sugar from my diet ( yes even fruit) for two weeks- yes it sucked-- sugar feeds the yeast- yadda yadda- anyway-- truth is-- it absolutely worked-- took a while- then one day i said to myself- hey something is different and I realized I didn't have the floaters anymore--

i swear it worked for me

Andie
selkie
Family Elder

Post by selkie »

I have tons of floaters and flashes due to multiple retinal detachments. I had to have surgery where a buckle was placed around my left eye as the retina was so severely detached, and had to have 3 laser surgeries on my right eye.

This did increase the floaters & flashes. My eye doctor says it's to risky to do anything about the floaters and I just have to live with them. Yes, they're damn distracting, I have to look around them & at them, but I'd rather have them than be blind, which I surely would have been if my retina surgeon wasn't so excellent.

Believe me, the flashes are worse than the floaters as it's like fireworks everytime someone turns out the light.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”