Plavix and alcohol

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Gordon
Family Elder

Plavix and alcohol

Post by Gordon »

Is it okay to have Plavix and alcohol
Johnson
Family Elder

Re: Plavix and alcohol

Post by Johnson »

Gordon wrote:Is it okay to have Plavix and alcohol
I would advise not - unless in great moderation. Both are vaso-dilators. I did 7 days of Fraxiparine, and about the tenth day after my procedure I drank a few glasses of wine and found myself flat on my back. I could not get up again, and had to crawl to bed. I can easily drink a bottle of wine, so that was unusual.

Blood thinners and alcohol do not mix well.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Gordon
Family Elder

Thanks - On the wagon now

Post by Gordon »

Thanks
broomdancer
Family Member

Post by broomdancer »

Following my husband & 5 other patients treated the same day, in Katowice, were told not to drink alcohol for 30 days. He was on injected blood thinners for 7 days. Diana
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

in katowice as well, and we were informed not to drink as long as we were on blood thinners. i did, however have a few sips here and there with no effects, but wouldn't have too much more...1/2 a glass of wine or beer, for me, works ok. i figure, since pop is yuk, and i'm on them for a year and can't imagine abstaining, i figured this was a good comprimise. even last time after being off the shots, months later i was an easy drunk on 1/2 bottle of beer. dizzy, light headed, i guess they do know best...we wern't advised abstinance the first time i went. that's why i tried a bit just to see...

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”