Dr Sclafani in Belfast

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
GiCi
Family Elder

Dr Sclafani in Belfast

Post by GiCi »

You all will be pleased to know that Dr Sclafani and myself have been invited to take part in a debate on CCSVI, which will be held in Belfast as a satellite symposium in a conference of Vascular Surgery on the 24th of September. We will argue in favour of the liberation procedure, while two well known neurologists will argue against it. The debate will not change the world, but I hope that it may open some eyes.
I have also been invited to speak at a conference on CCSVI held in Glasgow at the end of October, organized by Dr Gilhooly, who as started to diagnose CCSVI in his Clinic and is hoping to start the treatment soon.
Small steps in the right direction.
GiCi
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Gici!
THANK YOU!!!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Re: Dr Sclafani in Belfast

Post by prairiegirl »

GiCi wrote:The debate will not change the world, but I hope that it may open some eyes.

GiCi
Thanks for sharing this news, GiCi-- great to hear!
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

GiCi wrote:You all will be pleased to know that Dr Sclafani and myself have been invited to take part in a debate on CCSVI, which will be held in Belfast as a satellite symposium in a conference of Vascular Surgery on the 24th of September. We will argue in favour of the liberation procedure, while two well known neurologists will argue against it. The debate will not change the world, but I hope that it may open some eyes.
I have also been invited to speak at a conference on CCSVI held in Glasgow at the end of October, organized by Dr Gilhooly, who as started to diagnose CCSVI in his Clinic and is hoping to start the treatment soon.
GiCi
OMG thats great news thank you to Dr S , your goodself (Gici) and Dr Gilhooly himself xxx

I do hope I can tune in to both

Bless him Dr Scalfani he must be sick of planes and trains he's always in the air
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

GiCi wrote:You all will be pleased to know that Dr Sclafani and myself have been invited to take part in a debate on CCSVI, which will be held in Belfast as a satellite symposium in a conference of Vascular Surgery on the 24th of September. We will argue in favour of the liberation procedure, while two well known neurologists will argue against it. The debate will not change the world, but I hope that it may open some eyes.
GiCi
Great news GiCi!
it would be nice to record your debate with the neurologists and publish on the web. do you think is it possible?

Keep going please!
alex
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

GiCi...

What a marvelous event !! A DEBATE. I hope that there will be a video we can see or a transcript we can read. I am most interested to hear why the opposing side, whoever they are, are so negative toward CCSVI. In truth, I want to hear why so many neurologists stick to the autoimmune hypothesis when they don't have a complete model. Good luck to you and Dr Sclafani !!! And thank you...

ozarkcanoer
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Absolutely fantastic -- more this kind of scientific debates.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Congratulations!!
I suspect that they must have 'something up their sleeves' or this would not be happening .. Good luck.. good science..go get 'em!! ;)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Neurologists speaking at vascular conferences, vascular guys speaking at neurologist (ECTRIMs) conferences...they are coming together, sort of! Great news!
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

Thank you so much. Wishing you all the best!

Rox
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.
Edser
Family Elder

Post by Edser »

Thank you GiCi :-)
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”