CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by uprightdoc on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

NZer1,
NZer1 wrote: I don't know how I can post the films. They said the were 'Chiropractor' xrays which were four times weaker than conventional Hospital xrays and I have tried to scan them but the quality is very poor. Do you have any suggestions? I thought of trying to photo them to get better contrast?
So far the only technically savy doctor who downloaded his x-rays has been Dr. Koontz. Alternatively, CurIous first photographed the image against his blank TV screen which was better than most offic view boxes for illumination and the downloaded the images. But since then quite a few patients have simply photographed them in the doctors view box which works fairly well.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Constable,
All of you are catching on. What you say below is excellent.
ConstableComfortable wrote:
If I feel I have a misaligned atlas and also that ccsvi is playing a part in my MS symptoms, is there an order as far as treatment and scanning goes, which would benefit future research? I'm thinking...

1. Get x-ray to confirm misalignment
2. Get dopler u/sound, MRV, MRI etc. to confirm ccsvi
3. Get treated for misaligned vertebrae
4. Get dopler MRI again to see any effect on ccsvi
5. Get angioplasty if blockages still exist.

Is there anyone keeping case notes on MSers getting spinal adjustments? If so, how can we help with info gathering? Scans/images needed etc...
Your proposal is pretty much along the lines of what I would like to discuss with Haake and ith the vascular doctors and neurosurgeons involved. I would like to add more to the proposal as well, which could help in determining where best to work on improving blood flow in the brain and cord.

I have very limited time but I have cut and pasted comments and history of 18 patients into a document have been keeping notes as best I can on their progress. The retrospective analysis has been very enlightening but a professionally done study of many more patients would be much better.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Sorry I do not know how to post photos, so I have put them on the CCSVI in NZ site. Hoping this works!
[/img]
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Blossom,

Hope you get your treatment soon and start to feel relief.

Drury
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Since a friend asked me via pm how I am doing I thought I might let you all know that I am actually doing well.
I have been accused for preaching in the past. And it's true. I preached and I would do anything in my power to motivate people to look into spinal cord health simply because trauma can and does cause "MS". Same way I did for CCSVI (for those who "know" me) because it can and does cause "MS".

So, now that we caught your attention, there is not much left for me to do here. I always read the posts in this thread, I deleted my blog and I continue my life the best way I can. It ‘s time for me to take it easy and give nature a chance to do its thing. If you are still wondering how I am doing please read this paragraph again. Of course I ll let you know if something changes for better or worse.

No need to mention that I do not take MS drugs of any kind, I give some laughs to Dr Koontz cause I know in advance whether I need an adjustment or not and I talk with Dr Flanagan because not only he saved my life, but also because he is the coolest person I have ever known. Period.

Please remember that autoimmunity comes second in most of our cases and please do not take whatever neurologists tell you for granted. The bets are that they are clueless and wrong.

I am sorry for all the times I insulted Lyon, Scorpion and others but hey! I am who I am. I hope I have been of some help. I for one have been helped a great deal from you people. We are all together in this.

I wish you all my very best.
See you around hopefully with good news.
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

costumenastional wrote:because not only he saved my life, .
I can say the same about you as you educated me with your post thank you and look forward to hearing your views....

Im off to Dr Heidi for my 3rd visit and have good things to report
Going to Dr Heidi is lovely but her location is fantastic for shopping Oxford Circus and is a very expensive trip my 17 year old would like to come along today Im bad for spening and she makes me worse my husband is thinking ££££ and looks worried

Costumenastional your advise to me is keeping UK economy going here in the UK
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

thanks drury!!

"costume", thanks for posting. since you were the one that got this thread started and got dr. flanagan into our lives i for one and i'm sure many others want to thank you. when not heard of for a while one wonders oookkk is he doing good or what. but the way you explained in this last post lets us all kinda sit back and wait it out and look forward to your improvements. as you said, you will pop in now and again but go on with life. so, enjoy and the best to you.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Spiros, thanks for the update. I have been wundering how you are doing.

Dr. F I have a question for you, because of the effects of my treatment 48 hrs ago. John said I may have some interesting responses to treatment, and in the past I have heard Chiros and Physios say that treating too much or too many areas at once can be 'disruptive' for the system to balance.
I am well aware that the passive adjustments made by actuator have had an effect and the adjustment to my atlas. Most of the 'feeling' change has been that I get transient spasms through my legs and arms and T area of my back up through to my shoulders and the muscles at the back of my neck (particularly right hand) up onto my lower skull. Over night last night I had a painful time and had to rest without a pillow and to lie on my back with my knees bent to get relief. Now that I am up (5.45 am) and have been for a walk I feel quite good as the spasms have relaxed.

My question, is it possible that having treatment on 3 areas lumbar, thoracic, and atlas too much at one time? I believe from the past experiences I have had similar reaction too adjusting the same three areas at once. Is this an indication of something?
Thanks Dr it is very hard to know what is basic MS and what is other than MS and I would hazard to say is there a difference as everything is interlinked, especially from the cause and effect perspective.
Hope the photo was of some use to you.
Thanks in advance, Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

NZer1,
Even the best most gentle adjustments can cause discomfort. especially in patients with serious conditions such as MS. MS patients are prone to spasms and so are Parkinson's patients.

I am in contact with the wife of a Parkinson's patient that got very stiff in the neck and shoulders after a NUCCA adjustment which is extremely mild and it was done by one of the most qualified NUCCA doctors you can get. The patient is a large male with a big head and a badly twisted spine due to an old leg injury and fused ankle from a skiing accident. The initial adustment was very effective and shifted the spine quite a bit. Needless to say even a slight shift of a 10-12 pound head can cause significant changes in tension acting on connective tissues to the neck and shoulders.

That said, you want to let the doctor know about reactions. You should have fewer and less intense reactions following future treatments.

I only saw one x-ray. How is the doctor adjusting your upper cervial spine?
Last edited by uprightdoc on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nees
Getting to Know You...

Post by Nees »

Hi all

After spending most of the day reading this thread and some of the related articles I'm very excited! I had CCSVI treatment in Jan this year which cleared a membrane that had been blocking the majority of the flow in my right IJV. After this was treated my circulation and engery levels improved. Then 2 months ago I started heading downhill rapidly, but without the fatigue. I had my veins rechecked, but no CCSVI. I was distraught, what was causing my decline? Back to the TIMS forum and its come up trumps again, this thread rings so many bells with me!
At the age of 18 I had a car crash that knocked me out, probably whiplash as well. I had my first relaspe less than a year later. Several more car and motorbike accidents followed with at least 2 more whiplash incidents, another knock out, a fractured pelvis and many periphiral injuries. These accients were all before I was 25 when I had a bout of debilitating double vision. Then nothing more til I was 29 when MS was finally diagnosed and it came down on me like a ton of bricks Within 6 months I had had 4 relapses and a doctor assessed EDSS of 6.5.
After over 12 months of physio, Pilates, Tysabri, a strict low fat, dairy and gluten free diet and CCSVI treatment I was able to walk over a mile unaided. Then as I said a couple of month ago it all fell apart, self-assessed EDSS 6. The circulation in my foot/lower leg is crap, foot is very noticable bluer and colder than the right (I have 3 pins in that ankle and its the left side of my pelvis that I fractured), and the whole of my left side is much weaker and less coordinated. Other symptom are poor balance, double vision, numbness and standing for more than 5 mintues kills my back.
Now I've read this thread I think a visit to Dr. Heidi is in order! Thoughts from the Dr's and other would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance
Sharon
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Hi Dr I am going back on Monday evening and will ask the name of the neck adjustment and use his screen to photo the balance of the xrays.
Have a good weekend everyone.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Nees wrote:Hi all
Hello Sharon,
I had CCSVI treatment in Jan this year which cleared a membrane that had been blocking the majority of the flow in my right IJV. After this was treated my circulation and engery levels improved. Then 2 months ago I started heading downhill rapidly, but without the fatigue. I had my veins rechecked, but no CCSVI..
At the age of 18 I had a car crash that knocked me out, probably whiplash as well. I had my first relaspe less than a year later. Several more car and motorbike accidents followed with at least 2 more whiplash incidents, another knock out, a fractured pelvis and many periphiral injuries. These accients were all before I was 25 when I had a bout of debilitating double vision. Then nothing more til I was 29 when MS was finally diagnosed and it came down on me like a ton of bricks Within 6 months I had had 4 relapses and a doctor assessed EDSS of 6.5.
After over 12 months of physio, Pilates, Tysabri, a strict low fat, dairy and gluten free diet and CCSVI treatment I was able to walk over a mile unaided. Then as I said a couple of month ago it all fell apart, self-assessed EDSS 6. The circulation in my foot/lower leg is crap, foot is very noticable bluer and colder than the right (I have 3 pins in that ankle and its the left side of my pelvis that I fractured), and the whole of my left side is much weaker and less coordinated. Other symptom are poor balance, double vision, numbness and standing for more than 5 mintues kills my back.
Now I've read this thread I think a visit to Dr. Heidi is in order!
Sharon
A visit to Dr. Heidi is definitely in order. Your history coupled with your symptoms of balance problems and double vision sounds very suspicious of a cervical problems. It may help the low back, pelvic and leg problems as well but the pelvis and legs need to be checked thoroughly as you may a neurovascular tunnel entrapment.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi Costume,

You leaving to the real world is bittersweet for those of us staying in the cyber world, specifically those of us here in this thread at TIMS. I always wished I could have had the strength and the cognitive ability to have participated more in this thread -- there were many times I wanted to reply to you, especially to thank you for all the encouragement you gave me along the way.

I will be honest and say it is very scary and lonely when one realizes CCSVI intervention did not help as much as one had hoped, but this thread you inspired Dr. Flanagan to start became another haven for me, a place of continuing friendship and hope without which I would have been lost.

The first time I entered the thread "CCSVI and CCVBP," I knew I had found where I next belonged, where answers to my remaining questions might be found. When I saw the condition of my spine on X-rays, I knew in an instant that the answer to my neurological problems was much more complex than I had ever imagined.

So it is with one part heavy heart and one part happy heart that I say goodbye and good luck, don't be a stranger, and thank you very, very much for all the hope you have given me, which is one of the most special gifts of all.

Safe travels,
~Pam
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.