Thyroid Poll

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Do you have thyroid issues?

yes, hypothyroid
36%
yes, hyperthyroid
No votes
yes, nodules
13%
yes, thyroid disease eg. hashimoto's
9%
no, nothing known
43%

Total votes: 56

PCakes
Family Elder

Thyroid Poll

Post by PCakes »

I have an endocrinologist appt in a couple of weeks to assess thyroid nodules that were uncovered during my doppler scan.. I plan to pose the question of the commonality of thyroid issues in MSer's. To ask how this, in his mind, might be linked to blood flow issues.

I was hoping that any/all of you out there might respond with yay or nays on thyroid issues..I've read other accounts here of doppler nodule discoveries. Makes some sense, to me, that this could be yet another organ compromised by low flow..
drsclafani
Family Elder

Re: Thyroid Poll

Post by drsclafani »

PCakes wrote:I have an endocrinologist appt in a couple of weeks to assess thyroid nodules that were uncovered during my doppler scan.. I plan to pose the question of the commonality of thyroid issues in MSer's. To ask how this, in his mind, might be linked to blood flow issues.

I was hoping that any/all of you out there might respond with yay or nays on thyroid issues..I've read other accounts here of doppler nodule discoveries. Makes some sense, to me, that this could be yet another organ compromised by low flow..
if you look at something you will see something. Thus thyroid nodules are common and you have found yourself one.

Dr. Salvi told me that he believes that high flow venous collaterals drain through the thyroid when the jugular is obstructed. and that this leads to a thyroiditis, that results in hypothyroidism in many patients.
PCakes
Family Elder

Re: Thyroid Poll

Post by PCakes »

drsclafani wrote:
PCakes wrote:I have an endocrinologist appt in a couple of weeks to assess thyroid nodules that were uncovered during my doppler scan.. I plan to pose the question of the commonality of thyroid issues in MSer's. To ask how this, in his mind, might be linked to blood flow issues.

if you look at something you will see something. Thus thyroid nodules are common and you have found yourself one.

Dr. Salvi told me that he believes that high flow venous collaterals drain through the thyroid when the jugular is obstructed. and that this leads to a thyroiditis, that results in hypothyroidism in many patients.
Dear Dr Sclafani, Thank you :) I understand what you say. Nodules were also explained to me as pretty near a guarantee with age, especially in women, without a real understanding why?
My curiousity awoke with the recurring reference to thyroid issues here on TiMS. I rarely hear of it elsewhere in my world. But, then again, elsewhere we talk more of sports and the weather than of personal health issues :)
I would like to share Dr Salvi's comment with my doctor, if I may?
It is late for you..please take care.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

LDN got rid of thyroid antibodies for me. I have before blood tests (probably about 20) then after taking LDN blood tests and ever since taking LDN TPO antibodies gone.
Ned
Family Member

Hashimoto's & LDN

Post by Ned »

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 23 years ago.

Have been taking LDN - fantastic stuff - for one year.

So far my blood tests for thyroid haven't changed at all, but was hoping that the LDN would alter the condition to enable me to give a tablet the flick.

Would be interested to know how long it takes for LDN to correct this problem - if it does at all with Hashimoto's...
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Hi guys,
If you are here..please take a second to participate.. it's anonymous.. thanks :)
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

*bump*
Gordon
Family Elder

Temperature

Post by Gordon »

I take my temperature on a regular basis.

It seams low

body temperature = 37 degrees Celsius or "98.6" F
patticake66
Family Member

Post by patticake66 »

98.6 is perfect body temperture for a human. It is not low.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

They do not test thyroid properly. The proper test is for free T3, free T4, thyroid antibodies... TSH is actually a pituitary hormone and is irrelevant despite the fact that it is the gold standard of testing. My TSH was always normal, but when my environmental illness Dr. finally ran a full thyroid panel, I had virtually no T3, the active form of thyroid hormone.

I have been on 55 mcg twice a day of time released liothyronine since 2007. Since I have been following Dr. Lyn's recommendation of nebulizing a mixture of glutathione/nano zeolite/nano silver, I suddenly went hyper. In a panic, I had to make a consult with my naturopathic doctor in the United States, explained my symptoms of loose stools, weight loss, insomnia, jitteriness, I have to reduce my medication until I can get some more testing done. My ND said that my liver is kicking in and converting T4 to T3 and it is making me hyper. That has been my difficulty, converting T4 (mainly done in the liver). I flunked my liver detoxification profile back in the year 2000, it was so polluted I could not get rid of xenobiotics including aspirin! So I am now assuming that this nebulizing is very effective. Glutathione is your main liver detox element... while going hyper is extremely uncomfortable, I believe it is a good sign for my overall health. When people say they do not have thyroid problems, I often ask whether they have had a full thyroid panel, and it seems to be very uncommon.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Last 'bump' ..appt tomorrow.

Merlyn, thank you. :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”