Could this still be RRMS?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Tyr616
Family Member

Could this still be RRMS?

Post by Tyr616 »

Alright so my diesaes process has been like this basically.

Started off with tachycardia, stomach pain, chest pain, fatigue etc, all those symptoms went poof, and only symptom was throat pain and swallowing problems.

Maybe 5 months later
Started experiencing tingling in various areas, and eye pain and other weird parthesias. Eye pain eventually subsided, and rears its ugly head every once in awhile. I still have random paretheisas all over, was steady like that probably 6 months.

5 or 6 months later again
I got stiffness in my left forearm and right calve. This disappeared for awhile later and just waxes and waynes and shows up once in awhile.

year later, 5 months ago
One week i suddenly noticed i had lack of sensation in my genital and bladder, pretty suddenly, this has gotten slow worse up until today and my legs feel weird occasionally and all my old existing symptoms that waxed and wayned are back, stiffness in certain areas etc.

Today from that last 5 months ago worsening, it's still bad and slightly worse now than then. Is it possible this could still be RRMS? I'm still waiting for true ms diagnosis. But It's obvious its MS>
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Not trying to give you false hope here Ty but there are quite a lof of conditions that mimic MS that can be treated.
Here are just few

B12 deficiency
Lyme disease
Antiphospholipid syndrome (aka Hughes)

Have you been checked out for the above?
jenf
Family Elder

Post by jenf »

Yes, please keep looking for your answer. I was diagnosed with RRMS by more than 5 "top" Neuro's. I went as far as seeing a team of them at the National Institutes of Health. All said unequivocally, "This is MS". I started CRAB's and even though I didn't completely believe the diagnosis. Needless to say, it wasn't until I saw a Lyme Literate doc that I received my actual diagnosis of Chronic Lyme disease (this was after 7 negative tests over the past two years). I know money is a factor for many, but I'd highly recommend going to an Integrative Medicine doc (depending on where you live), or a Lyme Literate doc for proper testing. They will look at other things beside Lyme disease. I had someone in this forum suggest that to me over a year ago and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner. An Infectious Disease doc advised me recently, "Lyme and MS are almost indistinguishable". She diagnoses based on clinical symptoms. if you want more info, pm me and I'll do what I can to assist you. Don't give up!
Jen

RRMS - dx 06/09
LDN - 4.5mg 06/09-present
Copaxone - 06/10-09/10
Avonex - 06/12-06/12

Late Stage Lyme - 12/10
Too many meds to list!!

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..