Positive news from Australia.....

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Salvatore24
Family Elder

Positive news from Australia.....

Post by Salvatore24 »

Hey guys, just wanted to share some news I've heard today regarding a family member, and a friend of a family member.

My aunt is in her late 40's, had MS since early 30's. I was too young to remember what she was like in the early days, but she is currently wheelchair bound, and her left hand can no longer function. She has tried all the drugs, re-immune treatments etc, which all made her feel worse. Well apparently the MS Society of Australia has recommended for her to have CCSVI treatment. I was surprised myself.

A friend of a family member is in his early 30's and just diagnosed. His first and current neurologist has also recommended him to undergo treatment, even though his symptoms aren't that severe at the moment.

There are open minded doctors out there who are willing to try new things to help their patients get better.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

That is great news and surprising! May the rest of our countries start behaving more like Australia and less like CANADA. :)
hwebb
Family Elder

excellent news

Post by hwebb »

I am blown away to hear this :)

The tide is changing.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Cece wrote:That is great news and surprising! May the rest of our countries start behaving more like Australia and less like CANADA. :)
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Sounds like good news but I think we can only call it second hand information at best.
Walshy

CCSVI Scan

Post by Walshy »

I am newly diagnosed (2 months) from Australia and am booked in to get the CCSVI scan in the middle of February.... If I do have veins that are blocked I then get referred to the Professor who performs the angioplasty. I would say where and by whom but I am new to this forum and not sure if you can mention Drs etc...

My GP is all for me to try anything that I see fit and is very caring - she texted me a few times after my diagnoses to make sure I was OK. The way we spoke about it is this is my body nd I am the one that makes the decisions they just provide me with the information. She was the one that gave me the referral.

I haven't spoken with my Nuerologist about it - but see him 2 days before I go for the scan. My husband is sending him an email giving him the heads up as we still want to work collaboratively with him. In all honesty after reading all the posts on all the websites I could find I thought for sure I would need to go overseas or wait until Aust. pulled it's finger out but I have found that to not be the case.

Also the nurse from my drug company is very open minded about CCSVI as we spoke about CCSVI for about 1/2 an hour when she called me to see how I was going with the injections. We even spoke about how easy it was for me to get an appointment....

Just letting you know that it is happening in Oz...
smokey
Family Member

Post by smokey »

Thanks for letting us know Salvatore. Great news. Yep. The tide is turning. Although that's a bit of an unfortunate metaphor in Australia right now.
Mathd
Family Member

Post by Mathd »

there is only one thing to do: Blame Canada =-))

erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Mathd wrote:there is only one thing to do: Blame Canada =-))

:!: