PI still did not supply me with codes for insurance!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
NotFound
Family Elder

PI still did not supply me with codes for insurance!

Post by NotFound »

It's been over a month. They did supply me with angioplasty codes, but left out the $2000 worth (potential reimbursement) stent.

I am e-mailing and calling, including all the e-mail addresses I know.

I was getting some replies first, in form of "we are so sorry we'll get right on it", but now I am being completely ignored.

Oh, and my insurance expires at the end of the month.

Is there anything I can do?

(Also, let this post serve as "buyers beware!" warning for those planning to deal with them)
Crystwo
Getting to Know You...

Post by Crystwo »

Glad you finally got the regular codes. I too went to PI but had no stents so can't help you, maybe someone here can give you that code. I would suggest, if you're already not, calling them EVERYDAY and reminding them that you still have not received anything, that your insurance runs out by the end of the month and that you will call again tomorrow if nothing is received...AND that you will begin to post bad reviews about them on TIMS if they won't respond with the info you need.
I thought they were great, but your situation really sucks!!
Crys
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Keep at them, NotFound. MS patients do not need extra stress!

Someone here must know the billing codes for stents?
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

If you cannot get a reply from P.I. by phone go to there web site and e-mail the doctor that did your surgery directly. Perhaps that will get you what you need. Just a thought.
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

lovebug wrote:If you cannot get a reply from P.I. by phone go to there web site and e-mail the doctor that did your surgery directly. Perhaps that will get you what you need. Just a thought.
Done it several times. All of the Doctors were included on all of my e-mails.

Cece, you are right, I should keep at them. I am starting to feel like a pest, but what's the alternative? Say "Oh, I'd rather not be too bothersome and not get my $2000 back"?
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

I am having the exact same problem with PI!!! I have been working on it for over 2 months!!! I finally got them to send bme a bill instead of an invoice, they only put one code down and " bundled" The bill. My insurance company is paying, but only if I give them a detailed bill. I keep getting the "I will call you back later today" and then nothing.

Also had horrible experience at the Downey clinic they use. Someone elso on his site was reduced to tears by one of the nurses.

I also needed to talk with Dr. Harris, my treating phsc. and DAILY calls to him for over a week got the same "he will call you back later today" and he didn't for over a week, and then only for 10 minutes, in a hurry.

Buyer beware, and maybe a good idea, buyer avoid.

By the way, later today probably, I am going to email Dr. Arata directy with this issue, and CC it to the general mail box so Chrissy knows I am talking with the boss.

Someone there must know how to pepare an insurance bill. I have all the codes from Jessica before she left on maternity leave.
NotFound
Family Elder

Post by NotFound »

I finally got a reply! Whew.

Fogdweller, I got a hold of their staff over the phone a couple of times and thats what finally got me the results.
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

I've probably gotten their staff 10-15 times. Still no luck. Dr. Arata emailed me back and said that the reason they couldn't give me a detailed bill was that they were dedicated to high ethical standards and that breaking it down like that, when it was not billed like that in the first place might be considered accounting fraud. What a crock.

I am still working on it. It is the weekend so I have to wait 'til Monday.
Endovasc
Getting to Know You...

Post by Endovasc »

I am truly sorry to hear of the frustrations encountered on this board. Let me address a few things.

First we no longer treat patients in Downey. They are part of Vascular Access Centers and I have resigned from practicing there. Our new center in Costa Mesa is state of the art. The difficulties of getting data and images from the Downey facility will be obviated now.

Additionally as mentioned above we contract with the facility where we do our procedures. For us to then generate an invoice for the patient based on procedure codes used would be unethical.

We have just revised our billing system such that we can generate a component billing invoice that patients can use for their insurance.

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback. It was very helpful in our revision process. We aim to provide the best CCSVI care in the world. I think we succeed in that endeavor. It would be unfortunate for someone to miss out on that level of care based on billing challenges. I will not let that happen!

Michael Arata MD.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Welcome, Dr. Arata,

If I may interject a comment... Dr. Sclafani has a thread where CCSVI cases are discussed. Perhaps you'd like to join in? Here is the link: DrSclafani dialogues w other doctors re:CCSVI interventions
Last edited by HappyPoet on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

Dr. Arata, thank-you, and please check your PM
lovebug
Family Elder

Thank you from all of us, Dr.Arata

Post by lovebug »

Thank you Dr. Arata. Now folks lets put all this to rest and let Dr. Arata carry on with doing a great job on helping pwMS get there CCSVI surgeries. He is totally dedicated to this cause.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”