book

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
GiCi
Family Elder

book

Post by GiCi »

Dear Friends,
After 40 years of cardiac surgery I have decided to retire at the end of next August.
I thought that I should describe the experience of the struggle I went though to reconcile MS with a job of high responsibility and I am writing a book about it. Do you think that it is a good idea?
In addition I graduated in Phylosophy last October, after six years of hard studying.
I had my third liberation procedure in Ferrara last July and I am doind well.
GiCi
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

I think that you writing a book on your experience with MS is a great idea!! Can I get a copy when it is ready? Retiring from your profession will be sad but understandable. And three CCSVI surgeries to date! Now your book will be an interesting read for all of us..............Written from the heart..........................
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

cardia surgeons are really what the ccsvi world needs. Neuros are irrational and hysterical, other docs don't know veins and stents that well, we need heart docs!

Glad to hear of a doc doing some philosophy. I think things in the med world would be way better off if these guys were taught to have a civilized debate in school... Far be it from me to suggest they would gain from some critical thinking skills and not just rote memorization of text books.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

d
Last edited by Billmeik on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

I think that your book sounds like a great idea; it would be interesting to read about your experiences on this journey. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement from medical practice-- wish you the very best in health and happiness, Gici!
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Post by thornyrose76 »

GO FOR IT!
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

i think it is a fantastic idea. you are someone that can put it out there from the viewpoint and real everyday struggles of us that struggle with the symptoms they named ms. yet from the viewpoint of a person educated in the medical field and was open minded and experienced the benefits of a procedure that was and still is by many in the medical field to be hogwash.

hopefully, your book will inspire us all to not give up. also, it would help to influence those in the medical field to lighten up, open up, and start to finally look at and research all the possibilities and factual things that are considered "theories" whether it be ccsvi, ctos, chiropractics out there that would sooner than later bring an end to this suffering. these things for the biggest part are considered to be "theories" mainly because there has never been the money available to get the "proper paperwork" that the med. world sees fit. of course we all know that the money goes to research for the most part, that will bring in a big financial profit. even if it really does more damage than good.

i wish you the best with this adventure.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Gici,
I would love to read your book. As an "old timer" you have been through this from the beginning and your views and advice have always been appreciated. I wish you much luck!!!!!
Rhonda
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Post by SaintLouis »

YES. Can't wait to read it.
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Fantastic idea. I am just entering a new career that requires me to work long hours and operate on a high level. It would be comforting to read about other people encountering issues with work/MS.
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

I can see this book in print already. Titled`From the Heart` --The story of Dr.Campalani and his life as a Cardiologist, his journey with MS and his personal story surrounding his Liberation Treatment. I think this just might prove to be the first book published on someones personal story of their Liberation Treatment/CCSVI surgery. I say go for it GICI...................
AJMcE

Post by AJMcE »

It seems like an absolutely brilliant idea.

It will be good to read about the impact that MS has on a highly responsible demanding career.

Will you be talking about CCSVI?, a degree in psychology may be useful in discussing the behaviour of neurologists.

Best Wishes
GiCi
Family Elder

book "from the heart"

Post by GiCi »

I wish to thank you all for your support: I needed it.
GiCi
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Yes!
Gordon
Family Elder

YES

Post by Gordon »

Abolutely you should. You are exactly what the doctor ordered. A doctor, with MS Years of experiance and a believer. I think you should first write a position paper and send it to all the neros

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”