Drinking alcohol?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Drinking alcohol?

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

It's been just over 3 Weeks since my procedure - and I haven't touched any alcohol since because I'm being extra paranoid about looking after my veins! Im not a big drinker anyway (I'm a lightweight!) but I wanted to know what you think about this one! Heehee - am I being way too cautious?! X
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I consider a single glass of red wine to be a health drink, because of the resveratol and any vasodilation and relaxation! :wink:
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

Cool thanks for that cece :)
concerned

Post by concerned »

zinamaria
Family Elder

alcohol

Post by zinamaria »

Ann Boroch in 'Healing MS' (she has MS herself) discourages even one glass of wine and likens the intake of any alcohol consumption to pouring acid on our already jeopardized nerves. There is also the sugar content to take into account with wine (sugar is inflammatory).
I highly recommend her book for an entirely new attitude towards healing (not curing) MS in terms of feeling better daily and slowly giving the immune system the TLC it needs.

zina
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

One ( or more ) glass/es of wine works for me. It really helps with the pressure I feel in my neck.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

A small amount of alcohol is a vasodillator. Excessive amounts and it's a vasoconstrictor..
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_cancer

Everything enjoyable is bad for you!! It is such a terrible shame. Oh well. I keep my fingers crossed and I offset alcohol consumption with an otherwise healthy diet.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Int J Tissue React. 1995;17(1):1-3.

Antiplatelet activity of synthetic and natural resveratrol in red wine.
Bertelli AA, Giovannini L, Giannessi D, Migliori M, Bernini W, Fregoni M, Bertelli A.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7499059
The red wine phenolics trans-resveratrol and quercetin block human platelet aggregation and eicosanoid synthesis: Implications for protection against coronary heart disease

Cecil R. Pace-Asciaka, Susan Hahnb, Eleftherios P. Diamandisb, George Soleasc and David M. Goldbergb,
http://tinyurl.com/6yhg6ce
Int J Mol Med. 2001 Jul;8(1):3-17.

Mechanism of cardioprotection by resveratrol, a phenolic antioxidant present in red wine (Review).
Wu JM, Wang ZR, Hsieh TC, Bruder JL, Zou JG, Huang YZ.

New York Medical College, Room 147, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Basic Sciences Building, Valhalla, NY 10595
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11408943
fiddler
Family Elder

Red wine and Penecillin

Post by fiddler »

"Penicillin cures, but wine makes people happy."
... a quote from Alexander Fleming
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
concerned

Post by concerned »

You can get close to the same amount in a glass of red grape juice.

For women, strictly in terms of wine as a "health drink", it would probably be better to stick with grape juice.

Just in terms of health though, I'm a big backer of Bacchus otherwise.
broomdancer
Family Member

Post by broomdancer »

Professor Simka of Euromedic told my husband and the others who were being treated at the same time (June 15th) NO Alcohol for 30 days following the procedure. We were surprised as we were unaware of anyone else reporting this. My husband complied for 31 days. 6 weeks following the treatment he began losing some of his gains. Could it be because he resumed drinking? Not sure...Barrie Imaging said his blood is flowing fine. Cheers Diana
Coolcatcarrie
Family Member

Post by Coolcatcarrie »

I Think listening to what everyone has said I reckon I might as well stay off alcohol until more is known! I am just going to eat more dark chocolate instead!x
jacksonsmommy
Family Member

Post by jacksonsmommy »

I asked Dr Petrov in Bulgaria if I could have red wine (this was three days post op). He looked at me like I was nuts for even asking, and said that I could.
CCSVI procedure May 31, 2010
RRMS - Official diagnosis January 2009
MS symptoms since at least 2000 (EBV trigger 98?)
75 - 80% Resistant Stenosis in Left Jugular - Stent
Tokuda Hospital, Bulgaria (Dr. Petrov)
Immediate and substantial results!!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”