We must believe in CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
griff
Family Member

We must believe in CCSVI

Post by griff »

We must believe in CCSVI theory at least here in TIMS otherwise our threads will be deleted. It happened to mine couple times. Twice this morning. No offence had been made, only I raised the following issue:

"We all see our neurologists once or twice a year at least, so we get a status report at least once or twice a year. We usually get an MRI done once a year. If you do not get it, you can easily ask for it. It does not cost much compared to our operation. So, you got everything about your conditions pre and post operation. Please, post it and substantiate what you are stating. I would suggest that others do similarily before stating either improvements or deterioration. "

I also see that other threads have been locked that had been discussing pros and cons of CCSVI theory. On the other hand people can talk about big pharma conspiracy and nothing happens. So far I just wanted to get info on CCSVI, but now I have some concerns about the whole theory when I see lots of posts strongly pushing the theory and talking about improvements without any evidence, while those posts which try to present both sides of the argument are deleted or locked.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

if you're posting about moderation it belongs in site support. please go read my reply to your earlier topic. we don't need to repeat this over again.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Give it a rest. She works pretty hard I would say, keeping up with this pandemonium. :)
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
griff
Family Member

Post by griff »

jimmylegs wrote:if you're posting about moderation it belongs in site support. please go read my reply to your earlier topic. we don't need to repeat this over again.
Sorry, but I did not get any message to read and my whole thread was deleted. Can not we delete only those posts that are offensive and leave the thread untouched.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

go to site support. read. thank you.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

jimmylegs wrote:if you're posting about moderation it belongs in site support. please go read my reply to your earlier topic. we don't need to repeat this over again.
Exactly! griff is "standing on a soapbox" which is expressly forbidden at TIMS.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

the rules announcement that appears at the top of every page of the CCSVI forum, can be found here:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-12885.html

specifically:

"If you disagree with someone, please succintly state why and let it go at that. Point, counterpoint, counter-counter point, etc. is not useful-- the reality is that after the first disagreement, you will rarely convince another of something they feel strongly about unless you have shocking new information to share. The drawn-out debates also turn people off from reading the messages in the first place. If you really have to get something off your chest, please send that person a Private Message-- there is no need to have a long argument in public."

personally, i wish that people would respect this rule. i have no idea why we can't seem to have a balanced middle ground discussion.

as things currently stand (ie for 2+ years and counting), the culture of wilful misunderstanding and abuse from the vocal minority will continue to result in topics being shut down.