Canadians your Proxies are needed-time sensitive

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bohemianbill
Family Member

Canadians your Proxies are needed-time sensitive

Post by bohemianbill »

The following has been posted on my Facebook and emailed to my contact list,
we cannot afford another year of misinformation by the MSSC.

please cut and paste to your circle.

Thanks Bill & Laurie

------------------------------------------------------------
1) read this email especially the highlighted area
2) print out proxy-fill it out and Sign It
3) if you are not a member of the MSSC fill out membership application, print, than submit
4) scan and email-its that simple
Please Pass this along to your fellow Canadians and help us tell the CCSVI story

----------------------------------------------------------------

There are Canadians working tirelessly to stop the discrimination imposed on those suffering with MS.
MSSC (multiple sclerosis society of Canada) continue to mis represent the many Canadians that believe that CCSVI
(chronic cerebro spinal venous insufficiency) is a medical procedure that is a right of all Canadians that present stenosed/malformed veins.

Please read the following carefully, it is our goal to elect a MSSC board member that aligns with the CCSVI protocol.

Time is of the essence, it will take a few minutes of your time (15 minutes TOPS) yet in a very tangible way you can help us create change and Hope to those that suffer with MS.

SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE THIS MESSAGE PLEASE.

read the following carefully

http://ccsvicoalition.org/wp-content/up ... 1_2011.pdf

PROXY is INVALID if you are not a member in GOOD STANDING at the MSSC

http://mssociety.ca/en/involved/member.htm

Registration Form Please fill in this form and WE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU SOON? does this mean you are not a member until notified?

now my skeptical mind says 'what is the definition of soon? (would June 19 after the meeting) qualify.

SO PLEASE PRINT THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION (do not forget to press the submit button after printing) SCAN IT LIKE YOUR PROXY AND EMAIL BOTH OF THEM.

YOUR EMAIL WILL AUTOMATICALY DATE/TIME STAMP YOUR MEMBERSHIP.

if there are any conflicts regarding your Proxy our fine Represenatives attending will have all the necessary documents

-------Original Message-------

Date: 27/05/2011 9:31:33 AM
Cc: rally@RALLYONTHEHILL.CA; info@ccsvicoalition.org
Subject: Important time sensitive information

Dear members of the MS Liberation Group (msliberation.ca),

Please read the message below from CCSVI Coalition, and fill out and send the proxy ASAP by clicking this link,. Forward their note to other MSers and also post it where ever you can.

Numerous groups from across Canada have been consulting with each other in order to find a way to consolidate and strengthen efforts to get CCSVI testing and treatment available in Canada ...now.
The fruit of these discussions is the formation of an umbrella organization called CCSVI Coalition, which will comprise the numerous member groups, including the MS Liberation Group and Direct-MS (Ashton Embry's organization). More detailed information on this new national coalition will be provided to you in the next few weeks.

To help get CCSVI treatment available in Canada, we need your help. The vascular health and the right to appropriate vascular healthcare of all MSers in Canada continues to be held hostage by the actions and inactions of the MSSC and their advisors.

The MSSC has not been listening to so many of us and has advocated against us where CCSVI is concerned. And yet, it still continues to give the donating public the incorrect impression that it is representing all of us. What we want is to ensure that CCSVI experts and advocates are among those providing the MSSC information.

Whether you are a registered MSSC member or not, the MSSC continues to recommend, advise and influence the government on decisions that affect your life and health. If you are not a member, please become one. If you withdrew your membership or if it has lapsed, please re-apply Our voices need to be heard, and our votes needs to be counted at the upcoming MSSC AGM.

Please read the message below from CCSVI Coalition, and act promptly by sending in your proxy to make sure this opportunity is not lost...there are deadlines involved.

Thank you.

Andrew Katz, Wendy Ireland & Rebecca Cooney
www.rallyonthehill.ca www.msliberation.ca

p.s. do not assume that you are a "member in good standing" as you need to be a member in good standing and in the MSSC system, in order for your proxy vote to count.

Message from CCSVI Coalition:

Is your Society acting on your wishes?

If so, you should let them know; if not, you really must let them know!

The Annual General Meeting of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada will be held Saturday, June 18 in Toronto . If you can attend – please do. If you cannot attend, consider sending in this proxy form and we will make your vote count.

Last year we collected proxies and represented more than 300 members at the AGM. The MS Society collected slightly more proxies, largely from employees, and so we were not successful in electing members who are sympathetic to CCSVI to the board of directors.
Our goals are to:

1. Devote many more resources to researching CCSVI, including clinical trials, diagnosis, and post-treatment care.

2. Advocate for the immediate availability of treatment for CCSVI in Canada for all patients who have CCSVI and elect to have it treated.

If you support these goals, this is one way to be heard. Complete the proxy form by clicking this link, and mail, fax, or e-mail it to the co-ordinates on the form. Please do it ASAP, we can’t use proxies received too late.

Note that you must be a member of the MS Society to vote. If you have MS, membership is free.

To renew or obtain membership call 1-800-268-7582 or (416) 967-3036, or go to the MS Society’s membership page at http://mssociety.ca/en/involved/member.htm

More info. about the MSSC AGM can be found on Page 7/8 of the Spring 2011 MS Canada Magazine
http://mssociety.ca/en/information/msnewsletter.htm

NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF MEMBERS:

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual Meeting of the members of Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada will be held at the
Marriott Bloor Yorkville, 90 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON. M4W 1A7, on Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 1:00 p.m.(Eastern Daylight Time) for the following purposes:

i) Receiving the report of the members of the National Board of Directors and the audited financial statements for the year January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010; together with the report of the auditors thereon;

ii) Electing members of the National Board of Directors;

iii) Appointing auditors;

v) Such further and other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.

One position for director-at-large will become vacant just before the AGM. Any member wishing to nominate a candidate as a director-at-large must do so on or before Friday, June 10, 2011, in accordance with the bylaws of the MS Society of Canada .

Membership in the MS Society of Canada is held through individual chapters or divisions of the MS Society. Each chapter or division has the authority to make and amend membership rules and regulations including stipulating a waiting period for new members to be eligible to vote at members meetings.

In light of this, members attending the AGM will be confirmed in good standing and provided with voting cards as appropriate in keeping with the governing rules and regulations of the chapter or division of which they hold membership. Members in attendance at the AGM will be required to provide valid photo identification.

More info. about the MSSC AGM can be found on Page 7/8 of the Spring 2011 MS Canada Magazine
http://mssociety.ca/en/information/msnewsletter.htm
Last edited by bohemianbill on Fri May 27, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

hi
unable to open proxy...no sure why
PPMS. Liberated Katowice, Poland
06/05/10 angioplasty RJV-re-stenodsed
26/08/10 stent RJV
28/12/10 follow-up ultrasound intimal hyperplasia
bohemianbill
Family Member

Post by bohemianbill »

Esta this link worked okay for me, its the first link in the post, there may be others later on refering to the proxy that are broken. Thanks for the heads up and support

esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

gawd i feel so stupid,
now i've read everything, but don't understand the proxy...
who do i send it to? blank?
26/08/10 stent RJV
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

Esta: The information about who to send it to is at the bottom of the proxy. That gives Janet Heisy's fax or e-mail address.

Chrystal started another thread about this earlier this week. http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-16676.html

I have sent in my proxy and so have a couple of friends.

Someone else on Chrystal's thread was also having trouble finding the proxy, but finally did it. I hope this doesn't cause problems getting them in.

According to the other thread, the MSS themselves had more proxies last year than Janet did, so it's important that we get in as many as possible. MSSC had the proxy in this year's spring newsletter with their choice of proxy. That seems quite unethical and unscrupulous to me--but nothing surprises me about MSS anymore.
bohemianbill
Family Member

Post by bohemianbill »

Blaze, thankyou for the update on Chrystals thread, I figured it had already been posted i just couldn't find it.

Esta, the proxy form needs to be printed (click onto the link than print), than you have to fill in the information by hand and make sure its signed. You than have to scan the filled in copy back into your computer and create a word file. Once that is done you email (as an attachment) to the
email address at the bottom of the proxy sheet as Blaze explained. OR fax if it is easier.

Can be a little intimidating if you have not done it before, if not perhaps a friend or family member could assist.

Again thankyou for the support
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Janet appointed proxy. Printed out form, then scanned & emailed. Simple. No excuses!

PN
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

I DID IT and if I can, anyone can!!!!! just do it, I can see this is the only way...
26/08/10 stent RJV
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

was just going to phone to become a member of MS society but I just read on the application form that to be eligibe to vote at the annual general meeting you have to be a member for at least 3 months prior......it always helps to read the fine print, didn't notice that before....
jackiejay
Family Elder

Post by jackiejay »

so has anybody noticed this?........won't be able to send in proxy for this year's meeting according to this rule....wonder if this is new...
Blaze
Family Elder

Post by Blaze »

jackiejay wrote:so has anybody noticed this?........won't be able to send in proxy for this year's meeting according to this rule....wonder if this is new...
Jackie: Here is information on this from Chrystal's other thread on this topic:
Chrystal wrote:.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the 3-month waiting period for voting rights:

In advance of the April 3, 2011 AGM, I did post a question on the MSSC f/b site asking Rob (the administrator) the following:

Rob, has the MSSC ever had the following stipulations before?
If so, when?
If not, why now?

"To be entitled to vote at the AGM a member shall have been a member in good standing for at least the three-month period preceding the date of the AGM. Members in attendance at the AGM are required to provide photo identification."

Notice of AGM of Members:
(Page 7 or 8)
http://mssociety.ca/ontario/pdf/ms-on-2011spring.pdf

Sheraton Gateway Hotel at Toronto Pearson International Airport, Terminal Three, Toronto, ON
April 3, 2011 at 11:15am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rob responded to the effect that each Chapter/Division has their own rules (and can introduce/change rules at any time) about the length of time one must be a member before being eligible to vote, etc.

The following is my own Chapter’s Membership form and it didn’t mention length of time before eligibility to vote.
https://msors.mssociety.ca/CATv2/PDFs/C ... orm[1].pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was glad to read a comment from Johnny Lucas (of CC), stating thtat they will be addressing this issue. The MSSC solicits funds while claiming to represent ALL Canadians living with MS, and yet there is a "holding" period before MSers can have their voice heard at the MSSC AGM via votes/proxy votes???

Is there the same waiting period for newly hired staff or are they automatically eligible to vote? BTW, I hope this is being addressed too, it is unethical for paid staff to be allowed to vote. It seems that to date, only paid staff has had a louder voice than actual MSers.

For those who do not wish to participate in the above, and who have withdrawn their membership, please do the following as suggested by a wise fellow MSer:

Please make sure that the MSSC has removed you from all their lists and that they are not including you in the number of MSers they claim to represent while soliciting funds. One would hope that this would be an automatic practice upon withdrawal of membership, but hopefully an official letter stating these wishes will guarantee this.