Pictures

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pictures

Post by NHE »

Robbie,
You can always preview your post before submitting it to check and make sure that any special formatting works correctly.

NHE
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

i should i forget thx nhe, i think i got it now..
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

that bear is gigantic. ;)

i cleaned up this thread a bit as well, now that you've got the hang of linking pictures :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pictures

Post by NHE »

that bear is gigantic.
By the way, I might have missed it, but what type of dog is that? 8O

NHE
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

big black shaggy bear

Post by jimmylegs »

is it a newfie?
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

yes he's a newfie, 4 years old with a huge attitude. i have a golf cart to get around outside and i can't go near it without him getting on, he's a good friend.Image
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

HECK I DO BELIEVE YOU COULD RIDE HIM ALSO...my goodness cute dog thou.....

chris
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Hey Nice dog!!
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Hi i don't have any rescerch news or anything backed up by documentation i don't take any drugs but i sure do have ms. i am so lucky that it just gets a little worse slowly so far anyway.When i read all the topics i just have to give my head a shake, theres so much that it could be, this could cause that, this is linked to that. wow!!! i wish i contributed more but i just read so if your tireid of my sorry ass just let me know but i do feel part of this is ms.. thx robImage
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

I really notice that being sick u look at things so differently. It's so easy when your healthy and care free to let things go and just laugh them off. There is so much stupidity out there when it comes to dicision making or just anything.Bush says that embreonic stem cell research is un ethical and viteoed that chance of help for all the sick people, maby if his wife started to get parkinsons he would have a change of heart, last time i checked a cell that can only be seen through a microscope dosen't have trouble walking or eating or getting dressed or going to the bathroom, it dosen't have kids or a wife or family or a LIFE. People should just slow down instead of taking everything for granted...
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

WELL VERY GOOD POINTS THERE..I HAD MY MELTDOWN A WEEK AGO..AND NOW I AM DOWN WITH THAT...I HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME OR ONE WEEK AT A TIME DEPENDING ON MY MOOD..BUT I HAVE LEARNED TO APPRECIATE EVERYTHING I HAVE IN MY LIFE...ALSO MY BDAY IS NEXT WEEK SO I DECIDED TO THROW MY OWN BDAY PARTY FOR MYSELF..NORMALLY I WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING FOR MY BDAY BUT I FIGURE I BETTER HAVE SOMETHING NOW JUST IN CASE LATER I DONT FEEL GOOD..SO I WILL HAVE MY TATTOO AND B-DAY PARTY THIS NEXT WEEK....THINGS I HAVE DECIDED TO DO FOR MYSELF..I GUESS SO I CAN ENJOY MY FRIENDS COMPANY AND THINGS LIKE THAT...I HAVE STARTED A MEMORY BOOK FOR MY KIDS AND SURPRISING I CAN WRITE IN IT WITHOUT A PROBLEM..FOR SOME REASON THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HARDER...AM WRITING THINGS DOWN FOR THEM THAT I FEAR I MIGHT FORGET WITH THE BRAIN DISEASE I HAVE HIDING UP THERE...SO I WRITE..MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ALSO...BUT I DO LOOK AT LIFE DIFFERENTLY TODAY THEN I DID A YR AGO...DONT WASTE TIME WITH SILLY THINGS THAT I MIGHT HAVE BEEN UPSET ABOUT A WHILE AGO..YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN....OKAY AM DONE WITH MY RAMBLING ON TODAY....HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL TODAY OUT THERE AND WILL CATCH UP WITH YA LATER..HAVE A NEW SYSTEM HERE AT WORK WHICH IS JUST KILLING ME..LOL...SO BACK TO WORK FOR ME...

CHRIS
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

I am really having a hard time with my balance right now. If there isen't somthing to grab with every step i will fall, other than using a cane or to does anyone have any other ideas.. thx rob
Shayk
Family Elder

Post by Shayk »

Rob--

You may not like this idea, but if there's any way you can get your neuro to refer you to a physical therapist for an evaluation for the type of exercise(s) that might help given the difficulties you're encountering I'd definitely recommend it.

I go to a fitness center that's attached to an outpatient rehab facility so the staff really know their stuff. Part of the routine they've devised for me includes exercises to improve my balance. In fact I do so many of them so frequently one of the other regulars in the fitness center asked me if I was practicing for a drunk driving test and told me if I was, I'd definitely "nailed it."

Seriously, I can't say that my balance issues were all that bad to start with, but I've stunned myself with the progress I've made doing the "balance exercises" themselves. Next up is a trampoline. At my age I can hardly wait. 8)

Hopefully some others will have ideas too.

Sharon
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

I totally agree with that. I did those exercises (or similar ones) and they really help and fast too! I use the exercise ball and other tricks that the physiotherapist showed me. Simple things like just standing in the door frame and trying to stand on one foot only, for 20 seconds or so, and it helps. Just sitting on the exercise ball itself works on your postural muscles and makes them wake up .. good luck, Carole
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

thanks sharon, i have been to a physiotherapist before but that was when i was much better, they were helping me keep my job,maybe i need to go back and now it will be to just keep mobile. it is so hard because some days i get around alot better than others. like today for instance i can't lift my feet so it's hard. at the beginng of the week i had a day that i felt and moved better than i have in a long time. thx again rob

Return to “General Discussion”