Montel's announcement

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
drbart
Family Elder

Post by drbart »

Lyon wrote:Montel WIlliam's MS Foundation
On Friday I will have the chronic cerebro-spinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) procedure. I am excited to report to everyone it will be chronicled for a nationally syndicated television show and will air later this Fall. I want to thank all of my friends for the information you have shared with me and l look forward to sharing with you my experience.
I wish I had publicly said I thought he'd do it on-camera, or taken bets.

This will certainly be publicity, let's hope he's one of the lucky ones.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

drsclafani wrote:
Cece wrote:I'd guess it is Friday but that he changed what was said (or rather, whoever handles updates to his facebook page changed it) for the privacy reasons CD mentions. The holiday afterwards may make it easier for him to clear his schedule to give him time to recuperate. There were a few weeks of recuperation needed when I had it done (or else it was the blood thinners, which I took for three weeks, and felt better once they were done).
Friday is the last working day before Liberty Day, the Fourth of July
Some symbolism there, then! Not bad.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Montel WIlliam's MS Foundation

Today is the day- hour away from the surgery
posted an hour ago!
Thekla
Family Elder

Post by Thekla »

I just wish he didn't have to be so dramatic about it---it isn't 'surgery'. That just sounds scarier than it is. I do hope he gets so great results though. He does have an audience.
pklittle
Family Elder

Post by pklittle »

"UPDATE- Montel is out of surgery, it went extremely well. He is out of recovery and sleeping. Montel wants everyone to know how much he appreciates your thoughts and prayers. He will updating you tomorrow."

from his facebook page...
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

pklittle wrote:"UPDATE- Montel is out of surgery, it went extremely well. He is out of recovery and sleeping. Montel wants everyone to know how much he appreciates your thoughts and prayers. He will updating you tomorrow."

from his facebook page...
Out of surgery? Sleeping? He must have had a radically different procedure than the angioplasty I had. I didn't drive myself home, and took it easy the rest of the day, but that was about it. How about others who have had the rocedure?
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

I didn't sleep but I certainly didn't want to do anything. Maybe he's sleeping while they ensure his entry point is closed. Mine took a couple of hours to stop oozing and I couldn't do anything but lay flat and wait. Once they let me leave the hospital I really didn't feel up much other than going back to the hotel to watch some TV.
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

munchkin wrote:point is closed. Mine took a couple of hours to stop oozing and I couldn't do anything but lay flat and wait.
Yeah. I did not have any anti-coagulant therapy at all, not even baby aspirin, so bleeding was not a problem. I imagine most people had a a bit more of an issue with that. Still, it sounds a bit dramatic, which is too bad because it makes the angioplasty sound scary, and it really shouldn't be such a scary thing for the public. Also makes it easier for ins. co.s to say they don't want to reimburse such a major thing until it is really proven.
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

I think it depends on how long you have sedation and what type. Also how long your procedure is. My daughter's was long 3.5 hours. Her IR struggled with her difficult Azygos. So indeed she slept for a while in the recovery area.

She had "conscious sedation" I think versed and fentanyl.
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

MegansMom wrote:I think it depends on how long you have sedation and what type. Also how long your procedure is. My daughter's was long 3.5 hours. Her IR struggled with her difficult Azygos. So indeed she slept for a while in the recovery area.

She had "conscious sedation" I think versed and fentanyl.
Good point. Mine took maybe an hour, maybe a little less, and my sedation was not very deep.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Montel Williams

Ok Guys- I' m back! On my way to post surgery MRI. Many have asked about my blockage and at this time with out all the information in front of me, all I can say was my blockage was very serve.
Post surgery MRI! Has anyone here had a post surgery MRI?? It makes me think of Dr. Hubbard's research with the fMRI but I don't even think that was done immediately, same day as the procedure.

I think "Montel gets treated" is an event! We've had a number of events, from "1st to be treated in the US (Cheer's husband)" to "November CTV broadcast" to "Barb Farrell" to "Dr. Sclafani gets to treat again." :)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks to everyone for your overwhelming support! My post op MRI showed great results. Please do not speculate on where I had the procedure done. I can tell you the speculations posted earlier were wrong. I will release that information at a later date. A TV show has chronicled my journey & I look forward to sharing it with everyone in an attempt to dispel misinformation on CCSVI & provide a complete picture.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Thanks to everyone for your overwhelming support! My post op MRI showed great results. Please do not speculate on where I had the procedure done. I can tell you the speculations posted earlier were wrong. I will release that information at a later date. A TV show has chronicled my journey & I look forward to sharing it with everyone in an attempt to dispel misinformation on CCSVI & provide a complete picture.
oh, please...let this be some tangible evidence of oxygenation changes documented w/before and after BOLD fMRI. Like the Haacke protocol has been showing. Pretty please....let the cameras be rolling...
ever-hopeful,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

Cece wrote:
zinamaria
Family Elder

Post by zinamaria »

I most certainly have needed the rest all day today, and the post procedure rest yesterday. This might be an out-patient procedure, but I sure as heck feel the impact of it on my body, the invasive-ness that is all entrance into the body, so I fully understand that Montel is taking the needed rest.

Some of us are also very sensitive to drugs, as I am, and it took me some time to 'totally' come back to earth.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”