Tinnitus part two

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
David1949
Family Elder

Tinnitus part two

Post by David1949 »

If you have tinnitus, is it always present or does it go away sometimes and/or does it diminish in intensity sometimes?
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Mine is there most of the time, although it diminishes in intensity at times and goes away completely on rare occasions.

What I hear is a high pitched tone in both ears. The pitch and intensity can vary. Usually I am able to ignore it.
stathis
Getting to Know You...

Post by stathis »

Mine is always there. It however lowers in intensity during the day due to the noise coming from external sources. However, when I lie down during the night it comes to play... especially at the right side.

I was treated for CCSVI, had blocked left jugular vein, balooned it and its impact on the left ear tinitus was noteworthy. Still must have something left on the right side.
an action brings..... a reaction !
Kathyj08
Family Member

Post by Kathyj08 »

Mine is pretty much all the time. I also have pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear when I lay on my right side. I recently purchased a little cheap fan that helps knock out the sound completely when I am trying to sleep.
The tinnitus however is with me throughout the day.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Kathyj08 wrote:Mine is pretty much all the time. I also have pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear when I lay on my right side. I recently purchased a little cheap fan that helps knock out the sound completely when I am trying to sleep.
The tinnitus however is with me throughout the day.
From what I've read about it, pulsatile tinnitus is a pulsating sound that is sometimes in sync with your pulse. If you don't mind me asking is yours timed with your pulse? The article I read said this can be due to deformations in the arteries or veins. That sounds sort of like CCSVI.
Kathyj08
Family Member

Post by Kathyj08 »

Yes, it is the heartbeat that I am hearing. It is quite annoying. I hear alot about people who have ms that also have tinnitus, but I don't hear too often that they also have pulsatile tinnitus.
I do have ccsvi, I had the procedure in Bulgaria last summer and the tinnitus seemed to be a little quieter for awhile but re-stenosed.
I have been seeing an upper cervical chiropracter (atlas adjuster) and both the tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus have become a little calmer (not gone, but not so loud)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

A long time (several years) ago I had *bad* pulsatile tinnitus that was *not* a heartbeat. That was what was so annoying about it. It was kind of a leather-mallet sort of hammering. It went away, or it would have really driven me seriously insane, and probably killed me with sleeplessness.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
msjen
Family Member

Post by msjen »

My tinnitus comes and goes. I usually notice it when I'm getting ready for bed/rest. It also comes on either the left or right side - not consistent there.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”