Fellow Canadian MSers, please vote for TIMS Member

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Chrystal
Family Elder

Fellow Canadian MSers, please vote for TIMS Member

Post by Chrystal »

I hope it's okay that I am posting the following appeal here.

I have entered a friend who many of us know as "Sandy" into CityLine and Canesten’s “I Can Achieve” contest where there are countless stories about inspiring women, and I am asking you now to please read Sandra Y’s story and vote for her on a daily basis until the close of the contest on September 4, 2011. N.B. Voters are eligible to win a daily $100 gift card (see further details below). "There is one vote per person ( multiple people in the household can vote) daily, and can be sent from the same IP address, each voter has to fill out a voting page."

Because of space restrictions, Sandra’s story only skims the surface of all that she faces on a daily basis, the many hurdles she has overcome, and the challenges she has met head-on with such awe-inspiring class and grace. The strength she has exhibited in her own life extends to the community as she helps so many others at every opportunity.

Please read Sandra's Story (http://contests.citytv.com/icanachieve/ ... px?sid=827) and vote for her daily. A vote for Sandra is also a vote for her family - her beloved husband and her precious children...all of whom live out Sandra's inspiring story and deserve to win this contest...

Thank you.

Take care and God Bless,
Chrystal

Entrant's Name: Sandra Y
Keswick, ON

Link to read and vote for Sandra's story:
http://contests.citytv.com/icanachieve/ ... px?sid=827

I proudly nominate Sandra Y-R, a kind and gentle woman who has taken the words "I can achieve" to a new and unsurpassable level, with such remarkable selflessness, grace and dignity. Through Sandra’s achievements - all feats of courage and determination - many have been blessed, our lives richer for knowing her and seeing the fine example she lives.

Sandra is the primary caregiver of her bedridden and gravely ill husband, while lovingly raising two wonderful young children. Her boundless compassion and caring has her constantly reaching out and offering assistance to many. Sandra has made valuable contributions to the community by actively advocating on behalf of the ill, and by helping others in need.

For many years now, Sandra has continued to do what is best for both her husband and her family. She has kept her husband at home, fulfilling the deepest wish in his and her family’s hearts. The weight of this decision has been heavy, although Sandra would never acknowledge or complain. She supplements the assisted-care hours they are very grateful to receive, by handling her husband’s care throughout the night. In doing so, she has kept the loving and much-loved Father of her children ever-present in their daily life and them in his.

Along with her many commitments, Sandra efficiently holds down a full-time job. She is constantly moving forward, with each step carefully considered and always geared toward giving her children a wholesome upbringing, enhancing her family’s life, and making a difference in the lives of others. The choices Sandra has made and the actions she has taken have instilled in her children, and renewed in all who know her, an appreciation for the value of life, love, family, commitment, honour and sacrifice.

She has shown us all that even in the face of adversity, life’s challenges and often-overwhelming obstacles, so much of what is truly important in life can still be achieved with love, courage and perseverance.

ABOUT THE VOTING:

To vote please go to http://contests.citytv.com/icanachieve/ ... px?sid=827, click on "vote for this story", complete the entry form in full and submit your vote for the top story during the Voting Period. Only one (1) voting occasion per person per day from August 8th until September 4th. Voting is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec ).

A random draw will be made weekly by a representative of the Contest Sponsors from all eligible voting submissions.

There will be twenty-eight (28) Voting Participant prize winners during the Voting Period. All Voters must correctly answer a skill testing question on the online voting form.

Voting participants are eligible to win one (1) of twenty-eight (28) available Voting Participant prizes each with a value of $100 (the “Voting Prizes”).

Each vote will also result in a $1 contribution to the Canadian Women’s Foundation up to a maximum of $15,000.00 from Canesten.

ABOUT THE CONTEST:

CANESTEN IS CELEBRATING THE REAL-LIFE ACHIEVEMENTS OF WOMEN!
http://contests.citytv.com/icanachieve/

First, second and third prizes of $15,000, $10,000 and $5,000 will be awarded. Starting on August 8th, Canadians will be able to vote for the stories that inspire them. The contest closes September 4, 2011. The top 10 voted stories will be judged by the contest’s panel to determine the prize winners.

A daily prize of a $100 gift card will be awarded to one randomly selected voter! And with every vote cast, $1.00 will be donated to the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
Chrystal
Family Elder

Post by Chrystal »

daily *bump*...
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Voted.

Hope she and her family are doing ok. It was good of you, Chrystal, to submit her story for this.
Chrystal
Family Elder

Post by Chrystal »

Hello Cece,

Thank you for your message and for voting for Sandy. Please vote every day if you can. Sandy is such an amazingly selfless and strong woman who carries an unbelievable load without ever complaining.

Thank you again for voting!

Take care and keep well, Cece.
Chrystal
Family Elder

Post by Chrystal »

Wednesday *bump*...
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Voted again.

Sandy is a TIMS member here, although it has been awhile.
Chrystal
Family Elder

Post by Chrystal »

You're wonderful, Cece, thanks again.

Yes, Sandy is a member here and on a couple of CCSVI F/B sites as well, but with all she has on her plate I'm not surprised it's been awhile since she's been able to post on here. I know she devotes as much time as possible (with her hectic schedule) to the CCSVI fight and to keeping abreast of happenings on this front.

Your daily support/votes for Sandy are much appreciated, Cece!

Take care and keep well.
Chrystal
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

We're all in this together. It is hard being the person with MS, it would be hard being the caregiver. A hard disease all around.

Keep bumping this up as needed!
Chrystal
Family Elder

Post by Chrystal »

You're right, Cece, our loved ones/caregivers suffer greatly along with us, and often they are left carrying double the load of responsibilities in the household.

Thank you - I was hoping no one would mind my bumping this request every day until the end of the contest (Sept. 4). I'm really, really hoping that more fellow Canadian MSers and supporters will also vote each day for Sandy.

Your support is much appreciated, Cece.

Take care and keep well.
Chrystal
Chrystal
Family Elder

Post by Chrystal »

Hello Everyone,

Please don't forget to vote for Sandy today. See link and information above. Thank you for supporting Sandy with your votes.

Take care and keep well.
Chrystal
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Voted....
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Voting is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec ).
:oops:
just noticed this.
What if IN MY HEART i am a resident of Canada?
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Cece wrote:
Voting is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec ).
:oops:
just noticed this.
What if IN MY HEART i am a resident of Canada?
But I don't remember it asking for an address. I think when I registered it just asked name and email address.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

It definitely allowed me to vote, twice.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Cece wrote:It definitely allowed me to vote, twice.
Me, too. I looked at it again and it does ask for a phone number when you register. Well, hopefully, our votes will count, Cece.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”