Is Chiropractic treatment beneficial for CCSVI?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dc10
Family Elder

Is Chiropractic treatment beneficial for CCSVI?

Post by dc10 »

i used tio go to a chiropractor many years ago as an MS patient but didnt rweally notice much difference in my mobility. so i stopped going.

but now i know iu have CCSVI which has been ballooned 3 times, could chiropractic treatment benefit me?

this time i can let the chiropractor know i have CCSVI and maybe he may know a suitable treatment
like treating my neck/upper spine?

as i have/hgad IJV anbd azygos stenosis, i also have restless leg syndrome in my left leg (the weaker one) but this has only become noticble over the last ye
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

dc10,

I am having ongoing chiropractic treatment not on for Atlas and the knock on affects that has caused me several spine misalignments.

Anyway I didnt really have circulation issues so the results from my first or second treatment was that my blood flow increased how I knew that was the upper veins in my hands reappeared, I hadnt even noticed that they had gone. It was only the fact that I had inherrited my Dads hands which are very prominant with veins.

Here in UK not all chiropractors deal with the cervical spine (neck). So it is best to ask first.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

@dc. If you watch the video I just posted of Dr Arata speech ar Barrie Ontario He talks about compression of the jugular vein by bones. I am pretty sure I have this as I always have to be looking up at the ceiling to have strength. The moment I look down it is like someone turned off the light switch, I literally collapse. From that, I am sure when looking up I have some blood flow and when I look down the blood flow is cut off.
dc10
Family Elder

Re: Is Chiropractic treatment beneficial for CCSVI?

Post by dc10 »

thanks,
i suggessted to a chriopractior my CCSVI and he didnt see how he could help he IJV area.

anyone else who has / had CCSVI see mobility benefits from chriopractic treatment?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

traditional chiro or upper cervical full spine chiro?
Kathyj08
Family Member

Post by Kathyj08 »

I have had the procedure and have re-stenosed.
I have been seeing an upper cervical chiro for about 9 months now and it seemed to help especially in the beginning. I continue to go about 1 time every 3 or 4 weeks now. It seemed to help with my balance issues. Now they are just slight balance issues.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

have you read the thread here on tims- ccsvi and ccvbp posted by dr. flanagan? he's for real and top of the line and will help you as much as he can. i doubt there are many others that have his knowledge. also read the posts by people he has guided and have gained good results.

it can do no harm.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

oops-ccsvi and ccvbp is posted by uprightdoc who is dr. flanagan.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

blossom wrote:have you read the thread here on tims- ccsvi and ccvbp posted by dr. flanagan? he's for real and top of the line and will help you as much as he can. i doubt there are many others that have his knowledge. also read the posts by people he has guided and have gained good results.

it can do no harm.
i think upper cervical care has helped me more then 1/2 at least of the ccsvi surgery patients benefits.