NEW! 350 pwCCSVI treated in Naples, IT- one year results

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

NEW! 350 pwCCSVI treated in Naples, IT- one year results

Post by cheerleader »

New abstract from the Vasculab conference in Italy:

Giuseppe Morelli Coppola Pellegrini Hospital, Naples (Italy)

abstract: Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic degenerative disease with unknown etiology that affects the central nervous system that usually affects young patients aged between 20 and 40 years, resulting through the formation of plaques of demyelination in the cerebral white matter and spinal cord disabilities and motor disorders of varying degrees and with different acuity over the years.

CCSVI is a chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency which consists of various types of stenosis, malformations that affect the internal jugular veins, the brain and the district vv dell'azygos associating so assiduously to MS.

The ability to successfully treat venous stenosis of the jugular and azygos district by endovascular technique of phlebography and balloon angioplasty.

In the period July 2010-September 2011 we have treated 350 patients with MS and carriers of cerebrospinal venous insufficiency.
All patients were studied with Echo-colorDoppler before and after treatment with 1-month follow-up three months and six months.
We have assessed the complications of the procedure classified the mild and medium severe.
The procedure was safe and effective with low rate of minor complications.
The preliminary results reveal a significant improvement in the quality of life, cognitive and fatigue, confirming the data published in 2009 by the group Zamboni-Galeotti-Salvi.

Source:

http://www.vasculab.it/hemodyn2011/pane ... tients.pdf
Last edited by cheerleader on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cece
Family Elder

Re: NEW! 350 pwCCSVI treated in Naples, one year results

Post by Cece »

Great news.

I am so provincial, I assumed Naples, FL, not Naples, Italy....
jean-la-grenouille
Family Member

Post by jean-la-grenouille »

Merci pour ces nouvelles !
IHateMS
Family Elder

Post by IHateMS »

Cece wrote:Great news.

I am so provincial, I assumed Naples, FL, not Naples, Italy....
:wink: so did I

very good news
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: NEW! 350 pwCCSVI treated in Naples, IT- one year result

Post by cheerleader »

That's pretty funny...shoulda put "Napoli", since that's the Italian name. Just edited the post to add IT.

Wanted to point out that this is a separate research team from Dr. Zamboni, and they confirmed his findings at the Pelligrini Hospital in Naples. They found CCSVI in 350 pwMS, treated them with venoplasty and followed them for a year. There were major improvements in fatigue, cog fog and quality of life. This is only the abstract. Am looking forward to more information!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

almost 3 years ago, we began this forum...and we have been waiting for correlation of Dr. Zamboni's findings.
We are finally seeing these correlations and studies, and it makes me kind of sad that no one who began the discussion is here to celebrate...this is huge. 350 people with MS treated for CCSVI successfully in another center.

The active threads on the CCSVI forum are on a vasoconstrictor, chiro care, blood letting and other stuff that isn't CCSVI related--although vascular in nature. Which is terribly confusing for new people trying to learn about Dr. Zamboni's discovery.

Marie Rhodes' book is out on Kindle, and provides a terrific over view of the CCSVI research, and the story of how it was taken worldwide.
http://www.amazon.com/CCSVI-Cause-Multi ... 946&sr=8-1

Vasculab in Italy should prove to be a good conference for CCSVI. So will the VIVA vascular conference I'll be attending in Las Vegas. I hope people find their answers. But I also hope new visitors to this site are able to sort thru to find the current state of CCSVI research and treatment.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

Sounds great, but won't the critics quickly dismiss it as yet another Italian non-placebo, unblinded study supporting its conclusions by having patients complete subjective surveys about feeling better?

- Devil's Advocate
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

It's great that research is continuing and more doctors are onboard investigating this... it is actually coming along quickly but for those suffering from MS it seems like it could never be quick enough.

Thanks again Joan, and everyone else, for all your hard work in helping get these things organized and all the research you yourself have gathered together
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

cheerleader wrote:We are finally seeing these correlations and studies, and it makes me kind of sad that no one who began the discussion is here to celebrate...
excuse me :-|
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

CureOrBust wrote:
cheerleader wrote:We are finally seeing these correlations and studies, and it makes me kind of sad that no one who began the discussion is here to celebrate...
excuse me :-|
CURE!!!! OK, haven't seen your name in awhile. Beg your pardon, dear. You were the one who got it going down under (so to speak....)
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

cheerleader wrote:We are finally seeing these correlations and studies, and it makes me kind of sad that no one who began the discussion is here to celebrate..
r
Probably people that is not here anymore is because they were treated and they don't remember anymore what MS is. You shouldn't be sad at all!!!
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

cheerleader wrote:...it makes me kind of sad that no one who began the discussion is here to celebrate.
:?: :?: :?:

Signed, No one
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

cheerleader wrote:That's pretty funny...shoulda put "Napoli", since that's the Italian name. Just edited the post to add IT.

Wanted to point out that this is a separate research team from Dr. Zamboni, and they confirmed his findings at the Pelligrini Hospital in Naples. They found CCSVI in 350 pwMS, treated them with venoplasty and followed them for a year. There were major improvements in fatigue, cog fog and quality of life. This is only the abstract. Am looking forward to more information!
cheer
It is indeed great!
I was able to read almost all posts but I had couple of really bad days. I was not able to type much. I just was saving energy for other things.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

NHE wrote:
cheerleader wrote:...it makes me kind of sad that no one who began the discussion is here to celebrate.
:?: :?: :?:

Signed, No one
OK...I shouldn't have said that. :oops: It was a bit dramatic, and not true. I'm glad Erika and NHE and everyone else is still here. I just was feeling down because these collaborative studies get buried in other posts that are not about Dr. Zamboni's discovery...but I shouldn't have said that. forgive me?
cheer, the drama queen....
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

I wish it were Naples FL since that's where I am!