RE LDN AND AMPYRA

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
seeva
Family Elder

RE LDN AND AMPYRA

Post by seeva »

Hello friends is anyone taking LDN while on AMPYRA. I was taking LDN for the last 5 years. i was so happy no setback. But my nuro. doest not like the LDN for M.S patients. Last week my nuro. gave the script for the new drug AMPYRA with the condition that the day i starting AMPYRA i should stop taking the LDN. Buti do not want to stop LDN. From last week i am on the new medication AMPYRA and stop taking LDN. My walking and balance are not good since i stopped LDN.so i am back to LDN. Is anyone taking LDN with AMPYRA. I am very grateful if somebody let me know on this situation.
regards
seeva :roll:
zenhead
Getting to Know You...

Re: RE LDN AND AMPYRA

Post by zenhead »

that's odd that your neuro would not like LDN. well, i guess not odd, a lot of neuro's don't. i'm about the start it. (i have SPMS), after reading extensively, LDN is the ONLY treatment that even suggests that it might help things get better. i also take ampyra. the only change i think i will need to make is to stop the cytoxan i am currently taking. i don't see why you'd have to stop the amprya. the only conflict i've ever heard of with LDN is immunosuppressers.
be kind whenever possible.
it is always possible.
-dalai lama
seeva
Family Elder

Post by seeva »

HI friend zenhead thanks for your infomation on LDN.I am also SPMS patient. How is the cytoxna medications worked for you?Since i started the AMPYRA i have stoped taking LDN,and my walking and the balance are went backward. So i started using LDN back. now i am back to were i was. please let me know your experience with AMPYRA, which is new to AUSTRALIA. so we do not know the m.s people taking AMPYRA.Please reply.
regards
seeva :roll:
zenhead1

Post by zenhead1 »

i don't do too much walking - with a walker and only when my electric chair is recharging - but i am fairly certain ampyra does what it is supposed to do. days when i have missed taking it, i notice a definite difference. i have not started LDN, seeing my neuro in about a month, and will see how much convincing she needs. sorry, not cytoxin, it's cellcept i'm taking, and i'm not sure it's doing any good. i like the idea of LDN as it is the ONLY treatment i've found the even suggests improvement. everything else, like cellcept, only suggest that they might slow the disease process, and i have a feeling that in later stages, like SPMS, it is ineffective. i am cautiously optimistic about the LDN (hard not to be wildly optimistic!)
seeva
Family Elder

Post by seeva »

DEAR zenhead1 THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW ANY MORE INFO.
regards
seeva :evil:

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”