question about teeth

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Re: question about teeth

Post by Cece »

From the CCSVI expo, second day, Monday Nov 21 at 7:00 PM-
Dr. David Williams
Topic: “‘Healthy-spring’: How CCSVI has changed our path to health.
A Dentist’s perspective.
Maybe he'd have some ideas?
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Vivavie, I'm so sorry about what you have had to go through :sad: but there definitely is a real connection between what is going on in our mouth and CCSVI procedures ! I really can't find the logic behind it, how can a different / improved blood flow through extra-cranial veins, even if very close to our gums and teeth, make our teeth / roots / gums actually move ?!? Maybe we should indeed ask Dr. Williams about it. Cece, do you know how to contact him by any chance or should we wait to hear about his presentation, which may already mention this ?
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

i find this incredible .
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

and doesn't this mean it's not placebo ?
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Cece wrote:From the CCSVI expo, second day, Monday Nov 21 at 7:00 PM-
Dr. David Williams
Topic: “‘Healthy-spring’: How CCSVI has changed our path to health.
A Dentist’s perspective.
Maybe he'd have some ideas?

any news Cece?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Dr. Williams presentation was more about the structure of the jawbone and the effects of clenching teeth on blood flow, I think. I didn't catch all of it.

My speculation on the teeth issue would be to first find out if the veins that drain the gums eventually drain into the internal jugular vein. If so, then think about what the venous congestion of the gums would look like and what the relief of venous congestion of the gums would look like. Another thought is if restored oxygen and nutrients in the gum would actually worsen periodontal disease, if the restored oxygen and nutrients would feed any bacteria chronically living in the gums.
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

I would look into "tongue thrusting," which can displace the teeth in the manner described, and can be associated with neurological conditions it seems. Do you push your tongue against the inside of your teeth habitually or when swallowing?
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

no. it only happened since the procedure .
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Zap, I actually had a logopedist when I was a kid, who did teach me not to thrust with my tongue against my front teeth. Sooo, nope, don't think that had anything to do with what happened now.
The concept of better drainage of the gums must, I guess, have something to do with the different symptoms we heard of here. It's the only thing that could make sense... Not that I understand how !
Erinc14, you're right, I'd say it shows the non-placebo effect quite well ! :smile: I mean who could imagine something like that AND make it happen ?!?
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

thanks .
jamit
Family Member

Post by jamit »

Interesting. I have also had two teeth move after angioplasty, did not think much of it until today when I saw this thread. Nothing major but my teeth have not moved the past 40 years and I have not done anything that I can think of that would have caused the teeth to move. The lower jaw teeth that moved are in the middle and were straight and then one moved to a overlap the neighbor somewhat and after 6 months there it moved back toward its original position though not all the way there. My dentist pointed out how strange he thought that was particularly because I never had braces.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

thank you . this is all so. no i don't consider it major either compared to what MS has to me.