Which ONE Symptom Would You Love To Do Away With?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Bonnie
Family Member

Which ONE Symptom Would You Love To Do Away With?

Post by Bonnie »

For me, it would be FATIGUE! If I was just exhausted I could handle it, but there is nothing like MS Fatigue to knock me off my feet.

But running a close second these days are my cognitive problems. :o

How about you?
Bonnie
Anne

Post by Anne »

These days fatigue is the worst. However, I feel fortunate that the ON is pretty quiet. And anything involving pain is nasty! TN makes me run around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Have you tried any fatigue meds? I'm on Provigil.
maybelater

Post by maybelater »

Has to be cognitive, only because I feel that others notice, when in truth they normally don't. The fatigue is very difficult as well. my neuro is going to give me something for fatigue as soon as I adjust to Avonex.
Bonnie
Family Member

Post by Bonnie »

Anne, I have never experienced TN and I hope I never do. The description of it from other MSers sounds just horrible. I had ON only once, it was a very strange experience, to say the least. I tried many different fatigue meds, Amantadine, Cylert, and Provigil. Amantadine works the best, for me and it is a good anti-viral med to boot.

maybelater, cognitive problems especially short term memory loss is my number one complaint. Makes me so mad to forget words that I have used all my life. :roll: I asked for a spell checker, to be added to this forum board and I hope it arrives soon, or else I'm afraid I will be embarrassing/embarassing myself soon. See? LOL
Bonnie
susannah
Getting to Know You...

Burning pain

Post by susannah »

Hi! for me it is the burning pain in my head, neck and elsewere. Aahhhh!!! Susannah
Clint Eastwood Fan
kinch52

Post by kinch52 »

For me....it's the chronic pain in my hands & legs. Keeps me awake at night & just makes the fatigue all the worse. I'm starting to get cranky about it! :evil:
May
Getting to Know You...

I'll give it away free

Post by May »

That burny pain is the pits, had that early on but now its gone, and good riddance I hope! Brainfog is my worst prob right now, by the time I walk from one room to the next I forgot why I was walking (but I got some excercise so that's kind of ok) :? Oh and my eyes get blurry a lot, especially when I'm too hot. That's not too bad, I shouldn't complain huh. :oops:
Bonnie
Family Member

Post by Bonnie »

May, I had to laugh, about the brainfog problems you have. Sounded so much like me. I guess it just comes with the MS territory.

Sounds like you are very heat sensitive, you must love it when summer rolls around - NOT! I am glad heat sensitivity doesn't rank high on my list.
Bonnie
Sally
Getting to Know You...

Post by Sally »

I hate them all and the uncertainty of when they will hit. Rain, snow, heat, cold, spring, summer, fall and winter...Lol. You never know what kind of weather or circumstance will bring on your MS SEs.

Normally it's the heat and/or humidity that cause me the most suffering. But I guess I vote with everyone else on the MS Fatigue....it's the pits!

Right now I'm just in a bad mood, 'cause I have a rotten cold and my Husband is in the hospital, and my dog is barking at nothing. :roll: I'll be better tomorrow....I hope.

Well goodnight All or should I say good morning. 8O

Sally
Bonnie
Family Member

Post by Bonnie »

Sally, I haven't been around for a few days, so I know I'm late asking this, but how are you doing now that a couple of days have passed? How's your husband, is he still in the hospital? I hope he is feeling better and that you are feeling better too.
Bonnie
fightingms
Family Member

Post by fightingms »

I guess I would say MS Brain Fog :oops: and Fatigue, and Multitasking...Kim
lottydotty
Family Member

Post by lottydotty »

BrainFog! It's one of the worst! I'm confused all the time. I can't stand it!
Fatigue is my next worse. I feel like I've been sleeping since Thanksgiving!

I haven't even cleaned my house for so long. No energy to do it. I get laundry done and that's it! It drives me crazy! I called my neuro on Dec. 31 to see if there was anything that would help. They never called back!

I had ON recently. That was no fun. I did the 3 day IV solumedral for the first time. It didn't make me feel better. Eventually I got most of my eyesight back. Thank goodness!

I also have the burning and pain in my arms, hands and legs. I have TN too. Sometimes it feels like someone beat on my head with a baseball bat!
I take neurontin for that. Usually it helps but the left side of my head never feels right.

Ms is the gift that keeps on giving!
fightingms
Family Member

Post by fightingms »

Provigil works for my fatigue ususally. Sometimes though not even that cuts through the fatigue. I take 50 mg. every morning. Lottydotty, you might try asking your Neuro about that.

I used to use Amentadine for fatigue....it just stopped working. Good Luck to you......Kim
Niko
Family Elder

Post by Niko »

Kim,

I was just the opposite. Provigil worked for me for only a week or so. Then my neuro switched me over to Amantadine and it is working very well. 100mg 3x daily.

These medications work so differently on everyone. Just like this lousy disease affects us all in different ways. No wonder the researchers are having a hard time dealing with it :roll:

Cheers,

Niko
"Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry." -- Robert Heinlein
lottydotty
Family Member

Post by lottydotty »

Thank you, Kim! I see neuro Feb. 4. I'll ask about meds then!

Return to “General Discussion”