AtlasBalance (jaw misalignment) Dr M Amir - Putney London UK

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Amir
Family Elder

Re: AtlasBalance (jaw misalignment) Dr M Amir - Putney Londo

Post by Amir »

NZer1 wrote:Hi Dr A,
I have an interest in your findings, as it is suspected I have Chiari Malformation. And MS and CCSVI!

I would like to know your thoughts on whether atlas adjustment is helping/correcting with either an electrical or a plumbing issue.

And as soon as I have written this I am thinking it could be both. Is there any research that has helped with this question that you know of?

Regards Nigel
Hello Nigel

I do not look at life quite like you describe. One comes across problems in life ranging from the mundane to the very difficult, from the obvious to the less obvious. I look for the obvious and treat that first.
Chiari Malformation is a very serious issue while CCSVI is much more easily treated. MS, for now, is also considered untreatable in conventional circles. Dr Zamboni's work and the amazing amount of work that is being done on this subject in many countries has brought CCSVI into the realm of the 'obvious'. To me the handling of the issues as a three pronged attack dealing with the Atlas, Jaw descrepancies and CCSVI may bring a higher degree of health restoration.

Some of these issues are now in the mundane and obvious realm and depending on who is handling the patient one can get very good results.

Someone with problems like you describe, I would handle from a TMJ viewpoint first and restore symmetry and function to as many systems as is possible ignoring the very difficult issue of the Chiari malformation. To attend to the Atlas in the presence of the brain tissue hanging through the Foramen Magnum would be dangerous but bringing symmetry to the jaws has corrected the Atlas in some 20% of patients that I have treated. This may help the Chiari malformation without intervention.

So I would treat the obvious and easy to treat first and let matters take their course. Our body is very self healing provided it is being treated correctly. Wrong treatment leads to a chronicity of the problems and often makes them worse. Sometimes it is just not possible to provide full treatment but partial correct treatment can help ease some symptoms and make a patients life a bit more bearable.

I do not know how far on the EDSS scale you are, Also there is a range of problems found with the Internal Jugular veins and this also goes for Chiari. So it is difficult to individually comment without a lot more information.

Regards
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

blossom wrote:hi dr. amir,

thank you again for your interest here.

i have a question. --although i still have most of my own teeth -- what about people that have full dentures? i'm understanding that say for me if i'd try your treatment there should be plenty to attach the appliance to. but, for those that have dentures?
Patients with full dentures can gain considerable improvements by setting the denture correctly. Sometimes I have to use a series of dentures to 'walk their jaws' to the right place. I had a patient about a month ago who had a very poor control of his balance and was falling all over the place. I was able to improvise a denture and he immediately managed to regain a substantial amount of control. He starts treatment in January.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Dr. A, I have approached my health in a similar manor. I have issues with people who cannot support their claims though.
I am of the view that we each will need to look at many avenues for wellness and that there is no one size fits all.
My experiences with Atlas alignment so far have not helped any of my symptoms and I am still not convinced that I have had correct treatment. I have found the best available 'adjuster' in NZ after much researching and 'trying' others who believe in their abilities.

With your understanding of the jaw involvement in Atlas alignment are there any symptoms that indicate an alignment issue?

Our jaws and teeth are like icicles where no two people are the same and for the most part many of the diseases that TiMS members have are also linked to a European lineage. Is this in anyway a commonality that you find?

Is the jaw alignment something that is assessed by xray's? Or something that has shown misalignment?

Regards Nigel
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Nigel,

Emma had also had atlas realignment before we went to visit Amir, undertaken by a very pleasant Chiro who performed C1 realignment each time Emma went.

Fortunately for us, we're 60 minutes drive from Putney, not in the antipodes.

When Emma walked into Amir's surgery, it was clear (to Amir) that her jaw was misalinged. After I saw the X ray of each side of her skull it was clear to me ( a very non medical person) how much of a state her jaw was. Your problem isn't diagnosis, it's finding someone that understands how to move it all around to make it better.

Amir's process is outside what orthadontists and unsual dentists will comprehend. Really, you have no idea of the conversations I have when I talk to Emma's family about the fact I'm taking Emma to a Dental Surgeon to help her MS rather that a Neuosurgeon. They think I'm a little eccentric, but they go with me because I have their daughters best intentions at heart, despite not understanding it.

In short, it's unlikely you'll find someone that understands this treatment right off the bat. But bear with Amir he may still be able to help.
Last edited by EJC on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

NZer1 wrote:Thanks Dr. A,

My experiences with Atlas alignment so far have not helped any of my symptoms and I am still not convinced that I have had correct treatment. I have found the best available 'adjuster' in NZ after much researching and 'trying' others who believe in their abilities.
Are you using AO (NUCCA) technique. I would suggest you find someone who does Atlasprofilax.
With your understanding of the jaw involvement in Atlas alignment are there any symptoms that indicate an alignment issue?

If you get some professional person who knows about anatomy to palpate your lateral pterygoid muscles you will find they are very painful. Some use TMJ radiography to ascertain that. I find that pretty useless
Our jaws and teeth are like icicles where no two people are the same and for the most part many of the diseases that TiMS members have are also linked to a European lineage. Is this in anyway a commonality that you find?
In this respect I would refer you to the work of Dr Weston Price and I quote from my earlier article:

"Dr Weston Price who, in 1939, published "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration", a book that details a series of ethnographic nutritional studies performed across diverse communities. In his studies he found that the plagues of modern civilization (headaches, general muscle fatigue, dental caries (cavities), impacted molars, tooth crowding, allergies, heart disease, asthma, and degenerative diseases, such as tuberculosis and cancer, were not present in those cultures sustained by indigenous diets. However, within a single generation these same cultures experienced all the above ailments with the inclusion of western foods in their diet, such as refined sugars, refined flours, canned goods, etc.

His studies should have been taken very seriously. Our western style of living has brought nothing but disaster to our health in general. Every family has to spend a substantial amount of their income and savings on health care. In spite of the knowledge imparted by Dr Price, which is now some 70 years-old, no government has done the slightest amount of work to eliminate that which is plain nasty. The general direction has been, and is, to ram raid humanity into a dark age of sickness, disease, and perhaps ultimately into oblivion

Now this devastation affects nearly all urban communities who have adopted the wesrtern processed foods irrespective of their ethnicity. The important point is that the effects are apparent in the very first borne child of those who change their original rural lifestyle and diet to the urban communities. There is no wait. The damage is instant.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Amir wrote:"Dr Weston Price who, in 1939, published "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration"....In his studies he found that the plagues of modern civilization (headaches, general muscle fatigue, dental caries (cavities), impacted molars, tooth crowding, allergies, heart disease, asthma, and degenerative diseases, such as tuberculosis and cancer, were not present in those cultures sustained by indigenous diets.
umm...I know its not scientific, but I am sure that when I see TV programs on "non western" cultures / tribes in remote areas, I do not remember beautiful straight white teeth, if any. :? Crowding I guess was never a problem if a few were knocked out during a hunt or something.
Amir wrote:Our western style of living has brought nothing but disaster to our health in general.
"Nothing"? really? polio? washing hands before assisting childbirth?

I think these words were written with a wide emotive brush, not the type of document usually respected in scientific circles.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

CureOrBust wrote:
Amir wrote:"Dr Weston Price who, in 1939, published "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration"....In his studies he found that the plagues of modern civilization (headaches, general muscle fatigue, dental caries (cavities), impacted molars, tooth crowding, allergies, heart disease, asthma, and degenerative diseases, such as tuberculosis and cancer, were not present in those cultures sustained by indigenous diets.
umm...I know its not scientific, but I am sure that when I see TV programs on "non western" cultures / tribes in remote areas, I do not remember beautiful straight white teeth, if any. :? Crowding I guess was never a problem if a few were knocked out during a hunt or something.
London is a very cosmopolitan city where one sees new immigrants arriving from all over the world all the time. As a dentist one gets to see the parents, their children born in their original ethnic environments and then new children born here. It is quite an eye opener to see the havoc in terms of crowding in the teeth of the offspring while the teeth of the former are perfectly formed arches. Over the years I see more children being born and arrive with more illness than I have ever seen in my earlier years of practice.

The selective TV programs you may have seen are very different from the ones I have seen where ethnic populations have beautiful straight white teeth.

The observations of Weston Price are very respected by all dentists I know and I do not need scientific proof when I see the evidence every single day. Please contact the Weston Price Foundation so that they can send you some more literature about Dr Weston Price's great work.
CureOrBust wrote:
Amir wrote:Our western style of living has brought nothing but disaster to our health in general.
"Nothing"? really? polio? washing hands before assisting childbirth?

I think these words were written with a wide emotive brush, not the type of document usually respected in scientific circles.
I appreciate you nitpicking on this and perhaps I was emotive. However, you picking on it takes the whole document and the gist of my arguement out of context. Being intoxicated by scientific fact does not make science right. We wash more hands than we have ever done before any procedure and yet there is more illness caused in clean hospital environments in terms of MRSA than there has ever been. There is more death from drug adverse effects over time than perhaps the cure they provide. One estimate puts the death toll from these scientifically proven drugs at 1 million per year in just one country. Every third patient in a hospital bed is there as a direct consequence of these scientifically evaluated drrugs in the same country.
I applaud the many scientific advances made by medicine and surgery but being blinded by it is not healthy. Following scientific protocol which now has a stranglehold of big pharma has not sorted many illnesses out. We have this forum precisely for this reason. Nitpicking is counter productive.
Last edited by Amir on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

I agree with the last comment.
What we are here for is genuine help with MS.
I am still at a loss to understand the connection between MS and your findings!
Sure there will be an inter-relationship with most things regarding health. The question is have you a connection to MS or have you a connection to wellness in general?
I actually ask this question respectfully, as I am well aware that what you are doing is helping people with the issues that you have defined.
Regards Nigel
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

NZer1 wrote:I agree with the last comment.
What we are here for is genuine help with MS.
I am still at a loss to understand the connection between MS and your findings!
The question is have you a connection to MS or have you a connection to wellness in general?
I actually ask this question respectfully, as I am well aware that what you are doing is helping people with the issues that you have defined.
Regards Nigel
Earlier I posted an article which apperaed in a magazine in the UK by mary Maguire who remains well many years after my treatment took away the symptoms of MS. My work on MS was reported in a London newspaper a couple of years ago. I have very many MS patients under my care many who have not been helped by CCSVI or the benefit was shortlived. We are trying to find out if a three pronged action attending to structural asymmetries would provide more benefit and fewer relapses after CCSVI interventions.

I for sure earnestly wish that this works because the incidence of MS is on the increase.

I also treat patients with supposed ME/CFS and have done so successfully for many years. Many such patients are eventually diagnosed with MS.

My attitude to illness is that there is little difference between many of these chronic conditions. They are all the same whether it is migranous headaches or MS and that is the 'brush' I paint them with and thank god so far this has worked brillinatly.
Pigeon holing illness into tens of thousands of compartments has not worked and is never going to work. There is a certain universality about illness, a certain wholeness and a dimension which needs a different kind of attention than the one we have been led to believe for far too long.
My ideas are a radical departure from the conventional. I hope it will benefit many more in the future and nip many problems before they become chronic.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks for the prompt relpy.
It appears that we are on the same wave length until we meet the crest.
At this point in time there are many of us who have been miss dxed who are looking for quality of life improvements.
As a Trades person, like you, I can help some but not all, purely because the cause is not established. When there are multiple cross overs, it takes exceptional skill to identify what is the bottom line and a solution.
That bottom line comes from experience in defining its cause, as well as support from the Medical Knowledge available.

I have seen too often people get excited about what they have learned or experienced on a personal level and they want to protract that onto the afflicted.

That is why, any, and all of us ask for supporting information to qualify statements made.
At this point I hear that throughout history there is a change in diet and lifestyle that is having an impact in many cultures across the globe.
The change is yet to be seen as the cause in finite terms. Sure there are chronic health issues across the world, which one or ones are the creator of any epidemic.
Health issues are occurring in every part of the world and every culture and we are learning to record and categorize what the symptoms are.

Regards Nigel
Last edited by NZer1 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

dr. admir, i love your way of thinking and explaining.

you are right and i have always felt that each of us are different.

when at war "one"aproach has never been the answer--multi attack from whatever gets the job done to win a war is the key.

ok, now we have you dr. admir, we have dr. flanagan, we have the upright mri and the chiro.'s bringing proof in their field, we have the dr.'s and researchers working on ccsvi, and there are many promoted nutrition experts and we still need a few other fields. but it's getting there.

we the patients need to somehow get out of the "ms trap".

thank you again. this is all getting "really really" interesting.

just look at improvement results from tweeking jaws, straightening spines, untwisting or whatever it takes to correct veins and arteries. as you say, the body is an amazing healing machine if all the routes are cleared and fed the proper fuel.
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

blossom wrote:dr. admir, i love your way of thinking and explaining.

you are right and i have always felt that each of us are different.

when at war "one"aproach has never been the answer--multi attack from whatever gets the job done to win a war is the key.

ok, now we have you dr. admir, we have dr. flanagan, we have the upright mri and the chiro.'s bringing proof in their field, we have the dr.'s and researchers working on ccsvi, and there are many promoted nutrition experts and we still need a few other fields. but it's getting there.

we the patients need to somehow get out of the "ms trap".

thank you again. this is all getting "really really" interesting.

just look at improvement results from tweeking jaws, straightening spines, untwisting or whatever it takes to correct veins and arteries. as you say, the body is an amazing healing machine if all the routes are cleared and fed the proper fuel.
I detest wars especially those where an elephant is crushing a mouse!

I predict that towards the end of 2012 and to the consternation of big pharma, we shall have a good solution to the MS connumdrum.

Presently, the key as far as I am concerned, is early intervention before any physical incapacity sets in.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

dr. admir, agreed about the war thing. unfortunatly i feel we've been the mouse.

as with anything, the earlier treated the better. how about us older girls and guys that our symptoms are pretty bad. have you treated many in that catagory? if any were there improvements?
Amir
Family Elder

Post by Amir »

blossom wrote:dr. amir
as with anything, the earlier treated the better. how about us older girls and guys that our symptoms are pretty bad. have you treated many in that catagory? if any were there improvements?
Please go to page 1. The patient was 50 when I treated her successfully over 10 years ago. In all my other patients the EDSS has never deteriorated and some no longer have any symptoms. We have only recently started treating patients who have had CCSVI and where the effects have not lasted. I think give us 6 months and we shall be able to report better news.

I think the quality of work on CCSVI is also improving a great deal and there surely is an overlap between waht I am doing and what PTA does. The intricacy will be sorted out very soon. Presently I am reading a lot of Forums as I have only been exposed to TIMS only for about 2 weeks, I am on page 100 of Dr Sclafani's amazing work and it has already given me many insights.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

i'm a healthy 65 yr. old just can't move very well. the age 50 is to me looking very young.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”