asprin is said to improve symptoms of fatigue

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
heyray
Family Member

asprin is said to improve symptoms of fatigue

Post by heyray »

I was reading several articles on how asprin is said to help prevent cancer by a significant percentage. It described how asprin helps decrease inflammation by preventing inflammation in the first place and producing other anti-inflammatory chemicals in our body. Thereafter, I decided to google "asprin and ms" and found a couple of studies and ongoing clinical trials on the affects of asprin and fatigue. If asprin helps prevent cancer by preventing certain cancer causing agents to formulate there is hope that asprin denies inflammatory lesions the inflammatory properties it needs that aggravate our symptoms. What does the ms community think?
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Re: asprin is said to improve symptoms of fatigue

Post by mrbarlow »

Sounds reasonable.

Also Asprin thins the blood so if CCSVI is a factor in MS the blood thinning properties of asprin would be helpful.
heyray
Family Member

Post by heyray »

I think I'm going to put it to the test. One asprin a day won't kill me.
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

hey ray - please talk to your doctor before starting asprin.

even the baby asprin can be harmfull. it is a blood thinner.

now having said that, my partner has been taking one asprin a day since her second treatment but it was okay'd by Dr. S as well as her GP who has treated her for many years.

i think the asprin has no affect on my partner's MS but it does have an affect on her CCSVI.
heyray
Family Member

Post by heyray »

Thanks for the advise. I'll give my doc a heads up to see what he thinks. I don't think there should be a problem since I consider myself for the most part healthy. Thanks again.
oreo
Family Elder

Post by oreo »

Actually, I think if you research it, you will find that they are studying HIGH DOSE asa - the same stuff as used to treat advanced RA. When I flew it past my GP over a year ago he said sure BUT only if you are also taking a proton pump inhibitor. You have to turn down your stomach acid production because of the added acid of the asa. I do believe that it did help with the fatigue but the effect on my GI tract was not really worth it.
Carpe Diem