Hello, Newbie Here

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Azile
Getting to Know You...

Hello, Newbie Here

Post by Azile »

Hey! My name is Eliza. I just was searching through the web and came across this site. This looks liek a nice site and with some helpful information about MS so I figured I'd join.

A little about myself: I am married and 33 years old. No children yet, but I have two dogs if that counts as children :). I was diagnosed with MS in 2003, but I had some suspicious symptoms since 2000. I have not had any symptoms or attacks since 2003 *knock on wood* so far. Well I'm about to start a new chapter in my life. Me and my husband are trying to start a family.

I have a great support system at home but it's nice to be able to talk to people that are familiar with all this. My parents are very familiar with MS but they do not have the condition. My husband is wonderful to me but he too does not have this condition.
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

Hi there
Nice to have you here. I can't wait until I am at your stage and trying to have kids. I have wanted kids for some time now but it never seems to be the right time. I think I might have to wait forever for the right time to come. I am planning my wedding though right now because as my mom reminds me marriage comes before babies???? We'll see. Nice to have you here though. It's great to see that you have had no attacks and I hope that it continues.
NN
Azile
Getting to Know You...

Post by Azile »

Oh I know what you mean. I've been wanting kids for a while too but even I wanted to be married first and it seemed like that was taking forever! I dated my husband for about 9 1/2 years before he popped the question!

Congratulations on your up and coming wedding! I just got married Oct 2 2004 so even two years later, I'd concider myself a newly wed. What a wonderful time it was and what a wonderful time you are going to have! Just remember though, if I may offer some unsolicited advice, take the good with the bad. I don't know one wedding that didn't have it's problems before or during the ceremony. Just remember, it's your day whether or not it comes out as perfectly as you planned. My brother's wedding band didn't play the music correctly for their first dance, and the brochures were completely not finished the day of the wedding. I had a HUGE migraine and couldn't taste my food not to mention one of my bridesmaids came in with the wrong shoes. My cousin's wedding photographer took horrible pictures that didn't come out, and my other cousin's wedding announcer couldn't remember the names of her wedding party when they walked into the dance room. All these funny events take place in almost every wedding but as I look back, I still believe my wedding day was the perfect day!

Good luck on your wonderful day! :D
I'm a little acorn brown,
Lying on the cold bare ground.
Someone came and stepped on me.
That is why I'm cracked you see.
I'm a nut! I'm a nut! I'm a nut! ...
-Childhood song
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

Hi
Just went to the website you posted about the dogs. How cute! My fiance bought me a little puppy when I was diagnosed to keep my mind off MS. Not that' it is possible. I have to say though that for me it really worked. she is now almost 6 months old and still cute as ever. I would do anything for her. She really saved me.
As for the wedding...I am learning now that things are not going to be exactly as I want. I always wanted a beach wedding but what I want is way more than we can afford. So...we are going to have a getaway wedding in Mexico. It is going to be hard to surrender all control over to the hotel ppl but if anything goes wrong, I can say it wasn't me :oops: . Even if it turns out to be a big mess, I know that it will all be ok when I see my finance and know that I am finally married to him. Thanx for the advice though...weddings always seem so perfect to me and I guess ppl who come don't really know what is supposed to happen...so when something goes "wrong" they really don't see it that way.
Take care,
NN
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Azile, welcome to our community. And congratulations on starting this exciting new chapter of your life.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

WELCOME TO THE GROUP HERE..heck if ya guys would have told me i could have let ya have my kids for awhile..they are great kids and they help me keep my spirits up which we all need..so if ya need some boosting of the spirits let me know...my kids are great at it....lol...

chris

Return to “Introductions”