Let's help Matt!

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
stellita84

Let's help Matt!

Post by stellita84 »

Hello everyone

I am new to this web site. I am Stella, originally from Rome, Italy. I don’t have MS and I am here to share something with you. I am helping a friend (American) with raising funds for his treatment. I have known him for a year now. His name is Matt and he was diagnosed with MS when he was 20 years old. He’s about to turn 22 now and he has been in the hospital several times. The last time was last week. He was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS but his disease is very aggressive. He had to drop out of school (he was studying to become an occupational therapist to help people in the same situation as his) and he’s constantly sick.
Thanks to another MS patient – who is also a good friend of his – he found out that it’s possible to get a new treatment that has been recently tested: autologous stem cells transplant. Since this treatment hasn’t been approved by the American FDA yet, he has to go abroad. The place where it’s possible to get this treatment is the Stem Cells Institute of Panama (here is the link: http://www.cellmedicine.com/ )
This treatment has worked on many patients and it has helped them gain back most of their lost functions. For Matt, this is one hope. He’s only 22 and he’s got his whole life ahead that doesn’t have to be stopped by MS.
I am helping him raising funds for his cause. You can see the fundraising web site at this link:

http://www.giveforward.com/msisbsmattcanhasstemcells

He also runs a blog about MS and a YouTube channel. He has all the links in his fundraising page.
I know that it’s hard to raise money over the internet but what I’m asking you is to donate even one pound, if you can. Even that can make a big difference. I believe that MS has no boundaries, race or skin color.
Thank you very much and I really hope that we will be able to help him realize his dream!

Stella

Return to “Stem Cells”