FDA Raids Hubbard Foundation.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CureIous
Family Elder

FDA Raids Hubbard Foundation.

Post by CureIous »

Well, guess we can move from conspiracy theory to reality eh scorp?

What else to expect from a politically appointed and pharmaceutical funded organization? They want their money's worth.

Told ya long ago, gloves are off, this isnt a battle of competing ideas, its a war against patients who dare to stray from the money. Note there are other raids planned, not a joke any more, cant wait to see the 48 point headlines on this one, "FDA warns CCSVI operators, raids facilities, records taken", oh the intrigue.

Good though, they just put us on the national news, watch. Do I have to give my stents back? :)

http://hubbardfoundation.blogspot.com/2 ... -2012.html
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Cece
Family Elder

Re: FDA Raids Hubbard Foundation.

Post by Cece »

Raids????
And if you read today's blog at the same link, Dr. McGuckin has just dropped out of the Hubbard registry.
Wonder if it was Dr. McGuckin who had the surprise FDA inspection. Unbelievable.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hi Cureious--
not sure it can be called a "raid"...since they didn't take anything or shut them down. But it sure was a surprise!

from Arlene Hubbard-
Yesterday, the FDA made a surprise visit to one of our sites. They asked to see all of our documentation and will be returning again today. They provided no information on the reason for the visit or why that site was chosen first but did say that they would be doing inspections “all over the country”. The FDA did not shut down the site and as we have posted before we have already applied to the FDA for an exemption. Although the FDA’s primary intent is to prevent “advertising non approved uses for stents and balloons” it is unclear, so far, whether they also will stop research on CCSVI.

The Hubbard Foundation intends to continue to collect data on adverse events and changes in symptoms related to venoplasty (and ,hopefully, soon in relation to dietary and supplement interventions). An analysis of our first 259 patients has been accepted for publication and our multicenter Registry has collected data on over 400 people so far. We can’t see why the FDA would not want this data to be collected but we’ll keep you posted.
Venoplasty is performed every day in a variety of situations around the globe, and all of these procedures use balloons, catheters and stents in an "off label" manner. (The label refers to the FDA approved usages of a device or drug.) This is because angioplasty was designed for arteries, not veins. Any of these procedures in veins is considered an off label use of devices created for arteries. An this is within the FDA's realm. The reason why the FDA does not get involved in other venous procedures is anyone's guess. But the fact is, they do not. Renal veins are stented for Nutcracker syndrome, and iliac veins are stented for venous insufficiency, and the FDA doesn't say a word.

I think it is naive not to consider the 15 billion a year market in MS drugs. Not that there is a grand conspiracy, but perhaps we need to consider that there is an established business model interested in keeping MS treatments within the immune system paradigm. And power structures will get involved when corporate interests are challenged.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

from what i read i applaud your fda.

the evidence is there fda and you just got copies of that evidence from perhaps the leading research group on ccsvi. study that evidence and announce your findings.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

On one hand we can allow government to control every aspect of our lives. On the other hand we can have freedom to live our own lives as we see fit.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

I proffer that any federal agency carrying weapons and demanding to see so much as my scrap paper is by definition conducting a raid. Doesnt matter how nicely they frame it nor how cooperative the raidees are nor even if its just to give them a high five for a job well done, if its by surprise, they are looking for something either incriminating, or barring any overt legal ramifications, anything that violates their innumerable regulations.

Please try to keep in mind this is exactly the same organization that allowed cattle breeders to illegally inject antibiotics into their livestock for over 20 years after the practice was specifically banned, and even after it was known that it served no useful purpose, because the cattle and dairy lobby had enough money to raise a big stink, just now they are beginning to enforce it, so no I dont think their insta-response to this dire, life threatening situation is any surprise. They dont work for us.

Yes, its laughable, no, its not going to stop the science, of COURSE they are doing it for our own good,
Yet people can drop like flies from whatever poison drug they decide to try out on us, and their response is hurry up and wait.

Sorry if I left my rose colored glasses at home. Just wish people would get real and stop acting like a multi-billion dollar industry and their pet neurologists are going to lay down and play dead, they are not. Nothing is lost, let em bray, thats not the point.

The point is knowing who your friends are. And aren't
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

Für die Arzneimittelentwicklung ("for drugs") (FDA) in hot pursuit of an IR allegedly performing forbidden venoplasty procedures.

To aid in controlling these banned procedures, authorities are issuing an order that all Multiple Sclerosis patients have a "MS" patch sewn on their hospital gowns.

Donnchadh
Last edited by Donnchadh on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

It is getting SO hard to laugh. Thank you for that, Donnchadh. I am with CureIous (and cheerleader) on this one. I am left to speculate, and can't help wondering if they are going to somehow try to interfere with or punish the Hubbards because they got wind that the Foundation had data from a prospective trial. That may be why other doctors are leaving the registry. Maybe they are going to try to jail people for 'advertising' a prospective trial? Would this be the the first case of scientists being imprisoned for publishing in a peer-reviewed journal?

If true, they are saying to the world: nobody's going to run a prospective trial without our say-so. Maybe they are just requesting some bribe money? Maybe some wealthy scientist could pay some tribute?

Seriously, has anybody yet been in touch with 60 minutes? However they tried to spin this, it would have great contrast with the stem-cell/ALS creeps they have shown in the past. It might also get some politicians interested in what their tax-payer-supported food and drug folks are doing with their cash, and why. We must be on 60 minutes' radar by now.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Do they have a warrant?
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

moon apogee in km

dollar bill size inches

dollar bill size cm

dollar bill size m

dollar bill size km

NUMBER OF DOLLAR BILLS TO REACH THE MOON

BILLIONS OF DOLLAR BILLS TO REACH THE MOON
2.66 OR SO

TO REACH THE MOON AND BACK

times you could reach the moon and back if you laid 15 billion dollar bills end to end

Well, you could reach the moon and back twice, then back to the moon, then about a third of the way back.

I bet you could buy quite a few federal administrations for that.
Not a doctor.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

[cen]Government of the rich corporations, by the rich corporations, for the rich corporations.[/cen]
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Donnchadh wrote:Für die Arzneimittelentwicklung ("for drugs") (FDA) in hot pursuit of an IR allegedly performing forbidden venoplasty procedures.

To aid in controlling these banned procedures, authorities are issuing an order that all Multiple Sclerosis patients have a "MS" patch sewn on their clothing.

Donnchadh
Lol, Donnchadh. Nicely done.
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

In light of the FDA 'raids', 'surprise visits' or whatever else we'd like to call it. Posted on CCSVI Ontario:

PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Achtung Baby.
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

The FDA has also targeted Amish farmers for the unforgivable crime of selling unpasteurized milk to knowing customers who wanted it. http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... iness?lite

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”