Did your eye sight improved after angioplasty?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
pelopidas
Family Member

Re: Did your eye sight improved after angioplasty?

Post by pelopidas »

I had my angioplasty and soon after that my "myopia" (which raised one grade mysteriously some months before) was almost disappeared.
Before my venogram procedure i had to buy new glasses, which now make me feel dizzy.
I am back to low myopia glasses i wore years ago.
I had both jugulars and azygos veins blocked.
It is possible that jugular's blockage contributes to vein congestion of the veins of the eye bulbs.
Optic neuritis may also be caused by venous congestion of the nerve's veins.
I think that correction of the venous congestion of the optic nerve's veins leads to amelioration of colors and correction of the venous congestion of the eye veins leads to amelioration of diathlastic problems (such as myopia)
What do you think?
getafix
tiltawhirl
Family Elder

Post by tiltawhirl »

Clarity improved on the table. I initially really did chalk it up to just placebo since this is one symptom where there is a high probability of the placebo effect showing up IMO. Now that we are going three months post procedure, I am going to move it from the placebo column to the reality column.

tilt

tilt
...and I for one, welcome our new Neurologist overlords!

My before and after CCSVI treatment video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhosV4_DvWw
Visit my Lego Amusement Rides website http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Bolliger
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

My contacts prescription improved after the procedure. For a year and a half now I've been buying just one box at a time, thinking it won't last.
I think that correction of the venous congestion of the optic nerve's veins leads to amelioration of colors and correction of the venous congestion of the eye veins leads to amelioration of diathlastic problems (such as myopia)
Interesting separation of what could be causing what.
sou
Family Elder

Post by sou »

My perception of colours improved significantly after PTA. I realized it almost immediately after the procedure, just the following morning. I used to see as if the "colour setting" was set to 75%, instead of 100%. I used to think that my eyesight was ok, because I had no second pair of eyes to compare.

I used to have a very annoying issue, as well. My left eye used to involuntarily change its focus, especially when looking at a light when in darkness. This hasn't ever happened again (yet), 2 and a half years later. I doubt that the bad blockage of my left IJV was a coincidence.

HTH,

sou
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

While on the table during my first procedure, I experienced the "HD effect" where colors were brighter and sharper. A year later, while in recovery after a second procedure, my vision improved so that I could read the tiniest print on a pill bottle. My opthamologist said that the increase in accuity was due to the change in pressure on the eyeball(s) caused by the procedure. As the presure changed, it shifted the focal point. He said this phenomenon was common.

A year later I had a third procedure that showed that all my veins had restenosed and most of them were not reopened during the procedure, but the ability to read that tiny print has remained consistent.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

This is a big one for me, having optic neuropathy as my number one complaint in years previous and since my initial CIS Dx, it wasn't until 2008 when it flared up again in full force, that I learned from the opthamalogist about colors. That was a game changer for me, insofar as SEEING, daily, the effects, besides the otherwise nebulous sx that occurred from time to time, usually in heat or stress situations.

She held up the bottle during the exam, it had a red top, I closed left eye, then right eye, the left was bright and normal red, the right, oh boy muddy looking brick color.

Thats when it finally dawned on me that yes, I really DO have some deficits going on, and damage, and its not just about all those other global Sx and fatigue and memory and wall rubbing balance issues whatever.

I found myself for many months after that, doing the left/right closing, at every traffic light, at cars, at colors, and it was pronounced and very very real. Green/left was green, green right was greyish green. I made a game out of it, seeing how many different colors I could see in one day out of two eyeballs.

To this day, and without interruption, even right now, both are the same.

CCSVI came and that all went away. Sorry I cannot put it in a test tube, or measure it, or prove it, or even that it proves anything.

But it keeps me handing out Marie's book to the listening ear, in hopes that someone else can experience likewise. Whatever it is and however the process works, it worked for me, and four summers in a row now have me saying, " bring on the heat!".
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

No.
Erika
Oh, I forgot. Colours were brighter but vision was not actally better. My OCT after 2 months showed the same problems with both eye nerves as before.
Last edited by ErikaSlovakia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

driving home from Dr S - "look at how bright and colorful the signs look"

almost 1 year later driving from Halifax to Toronto - spent the whole time listening to my partner rave about how bright and lush and green the fields were.

it was nothing that wasn't there last year. she was not able to see it until now.

so YES it did improve.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Pre-procedure I used to read TiMS set at 125%, now I read it at 100%.