Has anyone been to Panama City in Panama for Stem Cell ?

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
naychergirl
Family Member

Has anyone been to Panama City in Panama for Stem Cell ?

Post by naychergirl »

I have filled out an application for treatment in Panama, but I'd like to find out of any of you have been there, and how it went for you.
Gala

Re: Has anyone been to Panama City in Panama for Stem Cell ?

Post by Gala »

I see nobody answer to you. I am also thinking about it. Did you contact them?
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

From what I can gather, outcomes have been mixed. There is a Holly Huber who has posted a lot on her stem cell experiences in Central America. I believe she can be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.
SammyJo
Family Elder

Post by SammyJo »

I have been in direct contact w/ 7 people now who had stem cells in Panama at SCI.
All of them except 1 have had good results, but all have had to return for more than 1 treatment.
One person had umbilical cord cells injected into his spinal canal, and his walking got worse.
There is also news reports on the cop from Texas who had the therapy with good results in 2008, he has had one further treatment, but he can now ride his bike in 50 mile races.
RRMS '95 SPMS '02 | CCSVI 10/09 | Adult stem cells 2012 | http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

I am thinking about going to Panama Stem Cell Institute. MSC seems to be a successful treatment for MS.
I think it is very sad that this option is not provided for us in US. All countries are on their way and we are behind.
The trials I see are limited and are autologous only. Because of "moral" issues !!! I'm sorry but F*7^. This could have been available 10 years ago.
Anywho...........
Has anyone heard recent stem cell work done in Panama? Dr. Neil Riordan seems to be very well informed but all I find goes back to 2 to 6 years ago.
I have tried almost anything and now I am SPMS.
Last edited by Vivianne766 on Sun May 05, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

It is too bad that the people that had indicated interest in this procedure (in numerous threads on this site) a number of years ago left the forum, including the OP of this thread. It would have been interesting to find out if they had the procedure done and what the results were.

In any case, I did some research on the clinic and found some interesting info about the clinic and the numerous 'expensive' supplements they offer.

Also found this which you may want to review:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showthrea ... -in-Panama

In fairness, I did find links to favorable articles as well.

There is a fair amount of information available on the web.

Keep in mind that like ALL treatments, this one works for some but not all and certainly not a significant majority. This tells me all I need to know. Personally I would only consider the treatment as a protocol of last resort (at this time) until it is proven to be safe and successful for most.

@ Vivianne766, Just curious, exactly what protocols have you tried?
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

Just FYI - there was a woman who has posted extensively on the web about her positive experience with stem cell treatment in Panama. I believe her name is Holly Huber, and I think you can google it and get lots of info.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

EVERY protocol, from the simplest to the most complex, from very inexpensive to very expensive, has people reporting successes while others following the same protocol report the opposite. Stem Cell Therapy is no different in this regard and IMHO should be done only as a last resort option since there are many much safer and much more affordable options available at this time.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

Elliot - I totally agree - I was just putting her name out for anyone wanting to explore this option. I personally think the stem cell trials going on at the Tisch MS center do offer real hope.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I believe that someday stem cell treatment will be a viable treatment for many illness, just not at the moment. Some genius will figure them out at some point in time!

FWIW, this Panama City clinic seems to be sponsoring a very expensive supplement they claim is supposed to promote stem cell repair without surgery. Snake oil? Perhaps. Seems to basically be a probiotic.
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

Hello all,
I've gone twice to Panama for stem cells. February 2019 and Feb 2020. Covid halted 2021 so far.

Yes I had improvements. First off, I'm in a wheelchair.....the improvements that I had were with balance & muscle control. My extreme fatigue was taken care of after my second visit.

Anyone else go?

Tif
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

I'm making plans to go to Mexico for stem cells. I've never heard of Panama City doing the procedure I'll have to research it. I'm glad to hear that you have had some improvements.
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

what are you looking to do in Mexico?

Panama has a pretty impressive set-up. Check out Neil Riordon & he/his team identified some of 'the golden stem cells". i just got this off google, check it out... https://www.neilriordan.com/what-are-stem-cells/
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

In Mexico they will kill my immune system using chemotherapy and then use stem cells to regrow a new immune system. It's about 80% chance that my MS will stop progressing and a 40% chance that I may improve some.
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

chemo scares me. I went to Panama with the hopes of having the 'same results' (as you are hoping for), to get better...but not do chemo...i have not gotten worse since doing the stem cells