stem cell transplants show promise for ms

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
vesta
Family Elder

Re: stem cell transplants show promise for ms

Post by vesta »

I asked the following question of Dr. dregen who uses stem cell therapy to improve outcomes for angioplasty in CCSVI treatment. As you can see I was wondering if stem cell therapy without angioplasty could help restore CNS damage. Does anyone have some suggestions?

"The Doppler Ultrasounds performed twice in Paris found no irregularities in my jugular and vertebral veins, and I was told that since the neck veins were normal the azygous vein would be normal as well. I considered undergoing catheter venography, but given the possibility that I might be worse off and the fact that I have developed self help techniques which slow the disease progression (detoxification, optimal nutrition, supplements, self acupressure, any treatment which enhances blood circulation) I prefer what I’ll call “natural” to “medical” treatments. (I first heard of liberation therapy 2 years ago. I have found a simple neck massage forcing the blood down towards the heart is enough to stop an “attack” for me.) However, I can feel the blood “stagnating” in the neck every morning and even though self acupressure or swimming gets the flow going, I know some CNS system damage is occurring and the damage accumulates. (If I get stressed, I can stop the blood reflux, but again any reflux means some damage.) If I had known of the CCSVI theory 20 years ago I wouldn’t need a cane to walk today. I’m 64 now (diagnosed 1980) and hope I can keep walking for another 20 years.
Would stem cell therapy without angioplasty prevent decline (even heal) ?
MS Cure Enigmas.net
scorpions
Family Member

Post by scorpions »

see the CCSVI board. I am sure many of the people there know how to answer your question.
vesta wrote:I asked the following question of Dr. dregen who uses stem cell therapy to improve outcomes for angioplasty in CCSVI treatment. As you can see I was wondering if stem cell therapy without angioplasty could help restore CNS damage. Does anyone have some suggestions?

"The Doppler Ultrasounds performed twice in Paris found no irregularities in my jugular and vertebral veins, and I was told that since the neck veins were normal the azygous vein would be normal as well. I considered undergoing catheter venography, but given the possibility that I might be worse off and the fact that I have developed self help techniques which slow the disease progression (detoxification, optimal nutrition, supplements, self acupressure, any treatment which enhances blood circulation) I prefer what I’ll call “natural” to “medical” treatments. (I first heard of liberation therapy 2 years ago. I have found a simple neck massage forcing the blood down towards the heart is enough to stop an “attack” for me.) However, I can feel the blood “stagnating” in the neck every morning and even though self acupressure or swimming gets the flow going, I know some CNS system damage is occurring and the damage accumulates. (If I get stressed, I can stop the blood reflux, but again any reflux means some damage.) If I had known of the CCSVI theory 20 years ago I wouldn’t need a cane to walk today. I’m 64 now (diagnosed 1980) and hope I can keep walking for another 20 years.
Would stem cell therapy without angioplasty prevent decline (even heal) ?
MS Cure Enigmas.net
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

I already asked and no one answered. (dr dregen didn't answer so I deleted it.) I don't want angioplasty, I want to know if stem cell therapy will work by itself to repair brain damage. Isn't that your subject?