Conscious reorganization

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Re: Conscious reorganization

Post by Billmeik »

that neustep sounds cool. I have a recumbent bike, it make me dizzy.

Im not saying that my routine which also involves green rewards for every 5 lifts I do, is good, wise, or correct. Just that it's possible for someone with ms to do. Strong if not healthy.

On plasticity I have a theory that a few weeks in the game parks in africa trying really hard to see far away things, and camouflaged things, was good for my eyesight. Has anyone taught themselves to see better by just working at it?Or
with a physio?
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

So i weight lift every second day and I've been pushing my walking on the days in between. Ooops. first 2 trips went great. A kilometer to a restaurant. Eat lunch, walk back. The third trip I tried to show off to my wife how good I was doing, but she slept in like 6 hours more than me, and I exercised all that time. Our walk was a disaster.Stumbling and tripping after a couple of blocks. Had to cut it short.So no weight lifting on walking days. The second disaster was more mysterious. Well, I had just come out of a hot shower and was really messed up but I thought it would go away. No, by the time I got to the restaurant I was crawling across the parking lot. Had to call a buddy to get a lift home. I had my golden retriever dog with me on a leash and she pulled just enough to knock me down a few time. I guess that's what did it. Just when you think you're under control another variable arrives. Walking is no problem but walking carrying an object that changes your balance takes practice..Or with a dog on a leash..Now I practice walking doing laps on my driveway. I want to be close to home when the going gets gimpy.
I bought an EMS device. Electrical Muscle Stimulator. 4 little pads you put on your skin and they jolt the muscle below for a few seconds every minute, for 30 minutes.
The jury is still out on whether putting it on a fat stomach burns fat. I was thinking about choosing an arm or a leg and seeing if I can prove it is stronger.Quantafiably. So it can lift x before EMS and can lift X+2 after.That would be proof.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

ok real results. I went to the eye doctor and I could read a complete line further down on the chart. Watching tv without glasses? Dunno, but it's an area I'm interested in doing research if anyone is interested.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Congrats on the eye test results.
Billmeik wrote:Has anyone taught themselves to see better by just working at it?Or
with a physio?
My neuro exam turned up a problem with smooth pursuit eye movement awhile back. So I found this research http://www.journalofvision.org/content/11/11/527.short and have been playing pong http://www.ponggame.org/
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

it was my primitive understanding of physiology that was making me believe that the eyes couldn't get better and the visual cortex was finite.Now it's looking like the body will recruit cells for everything everywhere
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

so what if there was a world where reorganization was acknowledged and encouraged?What if there was a library of techniques to work on most any ms problem?
I guess what I'm hoping is for someone to say 'no fuggin way, I've got perma damge' and then this thread figures out a way to reorganize those tasks.
hey I thought eyes were impossible, now I see that we are being totally badly treated and SERIOUS retraining should be going on. It is not a problem with seeing it's a problem with looking.
Looking is a skill that can be relearned. Seeing isn't. I wonder how reorganization applies to incontinence? DUNNO.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I don't know i it helps but in the last 10 feet before I reach the toilet safely, my mind is definitely in high gear.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”