bloodwork

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
monokera

bloodwork

Post by monokera »

When having symptoms of an MS flare, is there anything that typically shows up in bloodwork?
As in, if all bloodwork is normal, does it rule out MS, or only the other conditions that mimic it?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: bloodwork

Post by jimmylegs »

heya, you might be interested in reading this post on 'normal' bloodwork (scroll down to 'bloodwork' section)
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... tml#p15460
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
monokera

Post by monokera »

Thank you for that

Is there anything regarding inflammation markers and sed rates being at all related? Can it be "normal" during a flare?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

not sure. off the top of my head i only can think of one indicator that is known to fluctuate during a flare. uric acid. low normal in relapse. better levels are seen in remission, but they're still not as high as in healthy folks.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
monokera

Post by monokera »

Thank you :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

np. fyi i have found that using dietary measures (such as high purine foods) to try to boost uric acid was a total flop until i discovered and corrected my very poor zinc status. boosting zinc levels kicked my body's uric acid production into high gear finally, after years of attempts with food.

Return to “General Discussion”