MARIJAUNA BEING ILLEGAL IS PURE "BS"-PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Re: MARIJAUNA BEING ILLEGAL IS PURE "BS"-PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

And these are the very docs that we entrust our care!!!! Pretty scarey, isn't it?
Oh yes, scary all right! But to me what is even more scary is that this person has the title of Clinical Professor Emeritus at the main MS Clinic here.
Where is MS research going if these are the attitudes displayed by teachers and researchers of MS?
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Azaeleaprawn wrote:
And these are the very docs that we entrust our care!!!! Pretty scarey, isn't it?
Oh yes, scary all right! But to me what is even more scary is that this person has the title of Clinical Professor Emeritus at the main MS Clinic here.
Where is MS research going if these are the attitudes displayed by teachers and researchers of MS?
I hate to say this but that is one of the reasons why MS research has had its head in the sand for so many years. His attitude is quite prevelant within MS circles and only within the past 5-10 years has there been other options/ideas about what causes MS. And they HAVE NOT been the auto-immune theory.

Harry
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

.....and the really nasty part is that this is the neuro that I am stuck with as he was assigned to me in the "system".
I'm praying that my hopes of remedying things through a legal advocate will pan out, not that I have any great hopes of any neuro but I have talked to others with MS here that actually have neuros show empathy instead of acting like a fascist.

In the meantime my "brainrotting" MM does the trick for me.
jason74
Getting to Know You...

Post by jason74 »

Hi All,
I'm new on here and found this topic interesting. I've used this for years and it has helped me with nerve pain and coping in general with this prick of a disease. Be nice if they legalized it here in Australia, the natural, not the synthetic shit!

cheers
Jason and Renee
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

although we can get these products without it being legalized, it just goes to show again, that i'm sure most shoppers probably are unaware of a food source that could be in their diet that would be very good for them their kids and even better for the planet. every bit of it can be used for something.

but, nooooo, can't have that.

http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html

http://www.purehealingfoods.com/hempHeartsInfo.php

another food for thought might be that with all the talk that some vitamins might not be what they're cracked up to be-here's something that a person could nibble on plus get benefits. there are a lot of seeds that are very good for a person. hopefully, they can't switch them up much.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

For you, blossom :D

Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

My MM still keeps working for me - take in it tea or soup at night (sometimes use a vaporizer but not big on that ) and I sleep like a baby for at least six hours without having to get up to pee every hour as I used to do in my pre MM days.
What a wonderful thing to have happened to me - no more sleep meds that left me feeling hungover and crabby and no more sleep deprivation!
and my PCP is right on board with it as she has seen it used successfully for her cancer patients.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Blossom, Happy 420: International Marijuana Day!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/opinion/r ... ?hpt=hp_t4

Celebrating marijuana in the open

(CNN) -- Today, April 20, is "420: International Marijuana Day." Festivals and marches are planned around the world. The number 420 reflects the date, but it also represents the term's clandestine origin in the 1970s, brought about by laws that still plague cannabis consumers today.

In 1971, a group of high school friends, the "Waldos," invented 420 as a code word for smoking pot. Referring to 4:20 p.m. after school, the friends from San Rafael, California, would meet to smoke marijuana in their secret spot next to a wall -- the origin of their nickname. In the 40 years since, 420 has spread to become an international symbol for using marijuana, and it's a part of the cannabis consumer's vocabulary.

Threatened with jail and unemployment, people who use marijuana in most states must hide their activities. In 2011, more than 750,000 people were arrested for marijuana possession and sales in the United States. In 2010, 86% of those charged for possession in New York City were black or Latino. That, even though these groups represent about half the city's population and use marijuana less than whites.

But, slowly, support for cannabis regulation is growing.

A recent Pew research poll found that 52% of Americans support taxing and regulating marijuana, a historic high. It isn't that more people are using marijuana -- those rates have remained stable -- it's that more people feel they can come out of the closet about their support for marijuana policy reform.

Websites like the Marijuana Majority feature statements from celebrities and politicians in favor of marijuana policy reform, across the political spectrum, from Bill Maher to Pat Robertson. No longer a part of a fringe, those who see a better way to regulate marijuana are casting aside the secret codes and openly declaring support.

The marijuana flag was waving proudly on Election Day, when Colorado and Washington became the first states where voters approved taxing and regulating marijuana for adult use. Two recently introduced pieces of federal legislation would protect medical marijuana states from federal interference and end federal marijuana prohibition.

As can be imagined, the April 20 celebrations across Colorado and Washington, as well as other "marijuana friendly" states like California and Oregon, will be joyful, well attended and burgeoning with cannabis products. It might even feel as if marijuana is already legal -- but it isn't, and, in some states, the need for secret codes is still very much alive.

In Oklahoma, manufacturing hash carries a mandatory two-year prison term but can also mean life in prison. Under Louisiana law, a second pot possession conviction is classified as a felony offense, punishable by up to five years in prison. Three-time offenders face up to 20 years in prison. And in Florida, possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana, as well as the cultivation of even a single plant, is a felony offense and punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

What this means, despite Colorado and Washington, is that April 20 brings a chance to stop and reflect on the draconian marijuana laws still threatening so many Americans.

In addition to the lives harmed by arrests and incarceration, the economic costs of prohibition are enormous. The war on drugs has cost at least $1 trillion since it was announced in 1971 by President Nixon.

The term 420 began as a secret code. But 40 years later, in some states the need for a code has given way to "cannabis pride" and open celebration. In other places, people will smoke or otherwise consume pot in private parties. And for those in prison and jails and for their loved ones, it will be just another sad day.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

HappyPoet wrote:Blossom, Happy 420: International Marijuana Day!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/opinion/r ... ?hpt=hp_t4

Celebrating marijuana in the open
in Oklahoma, manufacturing hash carries a mandatory two-year prison term but can also mean life in prison. Under Louisiana law, a second pot possession conviction is classified as a felony offense, punishable by up to five years in prison. Three-time offenders face up to 20 years in prison. And in Florida, possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana, as well as the cultivation of even a single plant, is a felony offense and punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

WELL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH POET!

amazing that you could kill someone and the sentence may not be as bad as some of the marijauna laws. what a screwed up messed up thing makeing it illegal in the first place.--not 1 good thing came from that and big money and control got bigger.
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

miri
Family Elder

Post by miri »

This thread is SO on-target.
For many decades i've been LIVID at the Unhealthcare Stealthcare Associates of the USA.

Do you know how long ago I read frustratedly about marijuana's benefits? In the days when there were magazines, before Internet, I used to read about the frustration of Parkinsons patients & so forth. Then along came a book in the library about the organization dedicated to Marijuana As Medicine.

And so the WhiteShirt Criminals illegalize NATURAL therapeutic plants.
And so the WhiteShirt Criminals wanna illegalize NATURAL adult stem-cells.
And if the Dead Sea Mudpools would have been homegrown, that too would have been illegalized.
..(it's only natural mudpools under-the-sun which truly work, NOT clay baths or sulphur baths
and the list can go on & on.

I've rarely ever encountered humane, caring doctors (or alt.practitioners) in the gauntlet of practitioners under my belt. Caustic callousness is their modus operandi. For example, when I warned doctors, to warn their patients, that EMFs & fluresence of computers can cause steady, premature, body degeneration (pointing out my inflamed eyes) they either scoffed, or responded nastily. (long, long story - too depressing to rehash.)

Yes, it's all mercenary, like y'all say, all about the Top$$$ :-x
On that note, I'll pull out my pain-prayer:
http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/tjri0atr8 ... prayer.mp3
Reachable via PM. Seems I have Higbee's HSII on ThisIsMS. Frustrated by MSers, FMers, Lymers & Prematurely-Aged-By-EMFers who prefer cryptic jargonian Systems Vs. Intuitive empirical experience. Don't simple truths count for anything anymore?
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

hey, i was wondering, since "medical marijauna" has been approved in some states for a while now--which is better than nothing--but still a far cry from what the laws need to be which is STRAIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD------------

has anyone heard of or experienced any horrible side effects say like some mentioned on tv that other pain med.'s or muscle relaxers or anti depressent drugs can cause?? geez oh whiz, if the answer happens to be NO---then some like the fda and our law makers better get on this like NOW! somethings wrong. a legal drug that helps but no horrible side effects. something shady here they better get on it.

they've been way too leinient. especially since some states let people grow a whopping what 2 or 6 or so plants. so, so very nice of them.

what about if ya are too disabled to grow anything? and can't afford street prices. has anybody had a doc write a scrip. and ins. pay for it? i'm not talking pills or synthetic that the so called reputable drug co.'s put out. i'm talking good grade real thing that works. if ins. isn't paying--why not? not enough research? only since about the beginning of time!

just curious to see if any of the legal partakers have anything bad to tell they think should be reported to the higher ups that have been protecting us from this evil weed all these yrs.

keep calling your rep's. congress state whoever---THEY'RE THE ONES THAT LOVE AND CARE FOR US LOOK OUT FOR OUR BEST INTEREST--DON'T BELIEVE ME--JUST ASK ANY ONE OF THEM "BEFORE THEY'RE ELECTED"----THEY'LL TELL YA JUST WHAT I JUST STATED!
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

I just attended a debate on legalization of marijuana yesterday. The leading proponent was Jeff Miron, professor at Harvard and a senior fellow at the CATO Institute . He has a strong argument for legalization coming from an economic standpoint. I found this recent YouTube interview with Dr. Miron and thought it might be of interest.

blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

thanks loriyas. yes he makes sence. if you notice how the news media can have such an impact and influence public opinion. such as when colo. legalized. there were all these young and some older folks lighting up in the street had the party face on which in some cases that is what it's about and that's all well and good. "lets party." But, there are a lot of people that after working all day just wanna sit down and partake of weed and relax. "much like someone who gets home and pops a cold beer." then there are those that are truely useing for valid med. reasons. show a sick person throwing his guts up after chemo. or in pain that after partakeing the symptoms ease with no horrible side effects. then there's the med. researchers and dr.'s that know and have treated with it and they will be able to finally move on with things and discoveries. many, many positive things could be shown and told about this wonderful multi-tasking plant. but i guess there are so many good things that can and will come from legalizing it STRAIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD that it should be front page with the info. there are a big majority of people who are totally in the dark about marijauna's full story and wealth.

booze is booze i'm ok with it being legal. but booze pretty much is booze. wine in moderation is said to be good for you, white lightning in some tea really cut a bad cold i had but med. uses are very limited.

so, if the media would report or be allowed to report the whole truth and nothing but the truth about marijauna i think once they knew and understood even more of the public would get up in arms and support STRAIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD.

the injustic to the people, the harm to the enviroment etc. is really one of the biggest shams those in power pulled off. all with a stroke of a pen. they weild more power than the sharpest sword. it could be done quick and easy if they wanted to. just the way they made it illegal in the first place.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Hi blossom,

You're the best at telling it like it is, at calling a spade a spade and a sham a sham. Thank you for advocating for what those who have partaken already know--that MJ helps in many ways. But since big pharma has tens of millions of dollars to spend on lobbying and campaign contributions, people will continue to suffer from their diseases and others won't be able to enjoy a puff or two after a hard day's work. Shameful. Shameful. Shameful.

Excellent point, blossom. Does anyone who lives in the states where medicinal MJ is legal know if insurance companies pay for it?

To answer your question, I've partaken, and I've NEVER experienced any bad side effects of any kind--I've only experienced relief from spasticity and pain and help with sleep. And when baked into brownies, there's no respiratory issues. :)

LEGALIZE MARIJUANA STRAIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD! Love your mantra, blossom!