Antibiotics for treating ms in Australia -- New Member

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: Antibiotics for treating ms in Australia -- New Member

Post by SarahLonglands »

Mick, I am glad to say that when you start talking about what you really want to know, you don't sound a bit like a neuro!

Now, the thing to remember is that taking these antibiotics should not make the MS any worse, so whether or not any antibodies were found in the test, an infection will have been there because if Trish had been infection free, taking the abx would have had no effect. I remember that my worst pulse was the third one, which actually had me in tears, I was in so much pain, but after that it was far more plain sailing.

David won't comment upon someone that he hasn't actually seen in person, but I will say that in his experience over the last few years, having had MS for over thirty years does not mean that what you are experiencing will be ongoing because MS exacerbations have stopped. Many of the people he has seen over the last few years would be in that category: I had had MS for over twenty years when I first started and at the time he was worried that it had been too long, but he soon found out that the worry was not needed.

I think that if Trish wants to start back on abx, she should: after all, nobody will know what she is experiencing any more than she does!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Sarah could you help with a bit more info on your experience please.
I am on day 190 of the protocol and I am due for the fifth pulse in about 6 days. What I have found is that the side effects of the protocol which I don't know what they should be called, herx or sec porphyria, are slowly increasing. My assumption is that I am not able to get rid of the endo-toxins soon enough and that they are slowly recycling and causing incrementally more aches, pains, spasticity, sleep disruption, bladder frequency, poor balance, weakness, FATIGUE, eye disturbances, cog fog etc.
What I have done is to be even more conscious of diet (Paleo), detox foods and mindfulness of my energy store. Since starting a detox combination of a herbal base a few days ago I feel I am having more decline, I have assumed that will happen if it is mobilising toxins. I use a quality activated charcoal and have done for many weeks.

** So my question is, did you find a similar progression of increase which did stop and then improve, and over what sort of time frame does that occur (days, weeks, months)?

I am at a loss in thinking and finding the key options. I don't want to stop the protocol, although I am at a point where I believe the options are based on decreasing the ABx briefly (days, week?) and then restart after I stabilise?
I have read lots and wonder if I am also infected by something additional like Lyme or a co-infection that needs some focus first before continuing on the CPn treating?

Regards,
Nigel
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Nigel, While awaiting Sarah's response, please allow me to comment.

The abx are working for you! I cannot fathom why one would decided to decrease, take a break, or stop taking them. Pulses? Yes; increase the time between them, shorten them to a day or two (rather than the suggested five), but back off on the abx? No.

Do increase antioxidants - CoQ10, vitamin C, acetyl L carnitine - and drink more water. If charcoal a few times a day isn't doing it, try chlorella (<< edited: I said something else, in error, which Sarah caught in her response, so I've edited it here to chlorella, which is what I'd originally wanted to say :smile: ). The NAC should also be helping to clear your system.

Unfortunately, purging your system of this bug isn't simple and the improvements don't come in a straight line, from feeling awful to feeling well. Every time the abx find and address a pocket, or a layer, of CPn, internal battle commences and inflammation occurs. Inflammation is the cause of most of our MS symptoms, so concentrate on reducing the inflammation, but don't cut down on the two simultaneous abx.

As for addressing possible Lyme 'first', the meds on this protocol are used against Lyme, also. So it's a win-win. :smile:
Last edited by MacKintosh on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thank you so much Mac ;)
I hear everything your saying and have had the gut feeling that sit with it and ride it out is the best option.

Like everyone I look for the easy path and have to admit that I have got myself to this point in Life by taking one short cut too many! ;)

The latest of many Lyme treatment options was sent to me yesterday and the insights to the two diseases and treatments had me thinking that there must also be some cross overs with the Wheldon Protocol and CPn. The link is worth a look 60 mins of sound science and research that really highlights the bacterial involvement in de-generative diseases imo. I have linked many other good sources on the fb site https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCSVI-in ... 1636357984
and that is what has helped my mind realise the Protocol I am on is the right direction, bumps in the journey are expected! ;)

"Very good detailed information on Lyme disease and the pitfalls and success of treatment. Insights on symptoms that are found in many de-generative diseases, and understandings of the influence that bacterial infections have in setting the body up for co-incidence diseases such as a diagnosis of having MS. "

Thanks again Mac,
Nigel
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Nigel, Mackintosh has said it all: please don't ease of the antibiotics: I did think of maybe consider easing off the palaeo diet, until I looked it up and realized that it is pretty similar to our diet, except that we do drink milk and eat some bread.

So, a bit of my experience: I was pretty much dead to the world for the first few weeks, then apart from a very painful third pulse, there was nothing dramatic. I have no idea why my progress took this pattern and I have received a lot of ridicule because of it and accusations that I was wrongly diagnosed and really had Lyme and so on! I think you are right about the detoxing and I was assiduous in that but after a few weeks I changed to yaeyama chlorella because the activated charcoal made me feel so weighed down.

One thing has occurred to me: you say you are on 190 days of the treatment ad are due for your fifth pulse in about five days. I didn't start pulsing until three months were up and the gave myself rather wide intervals because metronidazole was so horrid. I had a scan at about the six month mark but had only done two complete pulses by then, so I think that must be partly the reason for my comparitive plain sailing since David has always said that it is better to leave the pulsing until you are really ready and basically don't get any reactions from the bacteristatics.

So, you aren't due for your fifth pulse in a few days! Leave it until you feel ready: there is no hurry.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Sarah, great to hear.
I worked on a 7 day and 4 week calendar, I was too mentally taxed to be able to follow it any other way. Anyhow I started the 1st pulse end of the 3rd beginning of the 4th 4 week cycle.
So I have probably been a bit bloke-ish and sped the stages. The last pulse I did for 4 and a half days to use up the batch of Ornidazole 500ml (it is what is available on subsidy here). So I may be rushing the process and it's kicking my butt!
I use Doxi and Roxy as the two main ABx and have just started using Nattokinase after being off baby aspirin for a week. I take other support Vits and Omega's and Magnesium, Calcium, Vit D, NAC, Molybbenum and other herbs in a detox liver support blend in capsule form, I do have some whole grain bread and a little milk in decaf Coffee. So I will battle on and cut back the coffee and stressing about my progress. ;)
The rest of our group here in NZ (7 of us under Paul Thibault from Aust) are up and down as well, so I will pass the word around to take time and don't rush!

Thank you so much for replying so quick! And especially thanks for staying available with the dick heads that are hovering around and brainlessly commenting ;)
:)
Nigel
jimmy6
Family Member

Post by jimmy6 »

Anecdote wrote: Hi Sarah Thanks for your reply. Tricia is back on abx and she is muck better and her right arm is now working again but not as strong as her left. Have now realised that the 3rd antibiotic has to be taken maybe 2-3 days not 7 as perscribed on packet by Dr , to long to strong. What is chlorella. Anyway Sarah i will keep you posted. Mick & Tricia Mick, I am glad to say that when you start talking about what you really want to know, you don't sound a bit like a neuro!

Now, the thing to remember is that taking these antibiotics should not make the MS any worse, so whether or not any antibodies were found in the test, an infection will have been there because if Trish had been infection free, taking the abx would have had no effect. I remember that my worst pulse was the third one, which actually had me in tears, I was in so much pain, but after that it was far more plain sailing.

David won't comment upon someone that he hasn't actually seen in person, but I will say that in his experience over the last few years, having had MS for over thirty years does not mean that what you are experiencing will be ongoing because MS exacerbations have stopped. Many of the people he has seen over the last few years would be in that category: I had had MS for over twenty years when I first started and at the time he was worried that it had been too long, but he soon found out that the worry was not needed.

I think that if Trish wants to start back on abx, she should: after all, nobody will know what she is experiencing any more than she does!

Sarah
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Mick, this treatment is one time when you should ignore what the instructions in the packet say!

I'm glad that Tricia is on the mend, though. Please give her my best wishes.

You can find out about chlorella here:

http://www.chlorella-europe.com/

Sarah
jimmy6
Family Member

Post by jimmy6 »

Hi everybody Tricia is about to start her 5th pulse but not for 5days will try 2days this time anyway will keep posted. Mick