Anyone currently using the Cal EAP protocol? In the USA?

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
ThePixie

Anyone currently using the Cal EAP protocol? In the USA?

Post by ThePixie »

:) Is anyone in MS land currently on the CAL EAP protocal? Are you working with a physician in the USA? I have been doing quite a bit of reading on the topic and would like to hear from those who have tried it. Since I anticipate a few negative/angry answers..... please remember that some of us support a more natural approach to address the symptoms. While I have had to start Baclofen to lessen some problems, I would like to keep as many toxic chemicals from my system as possible. That being said. It is warm here today, (69degrees), and I spent my afternoon watching the leaves fall, my dog bark at the buzzards, and the birds fight over the feeder. Boy was that hard! I wanted to go out to lunch and had to have a one-sided argument to convince myself to stay home and rest. And how's the weather up North????
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. .....
John Lennon
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

Are you talking about Dr. Nieper CA-EAP? If so let me know and I can give you some information.
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

Not sure how current this is

The following doctors perform Cal EAP

Gary Moore, MD, 6801 Lake Plaza Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46220 (317) 596-9724

Naturopathic and Allergy Clinic, 5468 Dundas Street West, Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario Canada M9B 6E3, phone (416) 207-0207, fax (416) 207-0272, e-mail doctor@doctorallergies.com. You must dial 001 before the aria code if calling from the US.

<shortened url>
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
ljm
Family Elder

Post by ljm »

Why would there be angry reactions? Puzzled reactions, maybe. I had never heard of cal EAP before your post. I've inserted one reference I found on an alt medicine page site. You have to do home IV injections? Melody, how do you know about this, is it something you and John considered?

Can One Recover from Multiple Sclerosis?
<shortened url>
According to Dr. Gary Moore, a holistic physician who administers inexpensive injections of calcium aminoethylphosphate (Cal EAP or CaEAP), the answer is a resounding yes. He not only has MS but he was nearly in a wheelchair before taking the shots, and now he is strong and actively pursuing his career.

Cal EAP injections were developed in Germany around 1960 by Dr. Hans Nieper and Dr. Franz Kohler and have been approved for MS therapy in Germany since 1966. Dr. Moore was Dr. Nieper's patient in 1991 when he started intravenous injections every other day. These continued for the next seven years. His disease has stabilized, which in Dr. Moore's own words is "miraculous since I was almost ready to use a wheelchair."

Calcium EAP is a mineral of sorts. The EAP is ethandamine phosphate, which makes up 5 to 15% of the nerve cell membrane. Nerve cell membrane and sheath are affected in MS. Over time, Calcium EAP repairs areas of demyelination, sealing areas of damaged cell membrane. This leads to less spasm, improved energy and endurance, and a quicker recovery.

What to Expect

Although treatments achieve best results when given as soon as possible after diagnosis, even patients with the disease for 10 to 15 years can respond and improve. About 70% to 80% of all patients get better, while some patients do not respond at all.

When you combine the shots with proper nutritional supplementation, results can be even better but in order to use Cal EAP, you must go to Dr. Moore's office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Your routine will go pretty much as follows:

You will go to the office for three to four days with the person who will administer your shots at home. The first visit with Dr. Moore lasts an hour or two and includes history, physical, blood tests and recommendations. This is followed by your first injection. The first visit will cost $250. Subsequent injections cost $18 each. The remaining days will be dedicated to more Cal EAP injections and training your partner for the IV home injections. On the last day, you will see Dr. Moore again for your final visit. This will cost $50. Home injections are given up to seven years.

The following doctors perform Cal EAP

Gary Moore, MD, 6801 Lake Plaza Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46220 (317) 596-9724

Naturopathic and Allergy Clinic, 5468 Dundas Street West, Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario Canada M9B 6E3, phone (416) 207-0207, fax (416) 207-0272, e-mail doctor@doctorallergies.com. You must dial 001 before the aria code if calling from the US.
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

ljm wrote:Why would there be angry reactions? Puzzled reactions, maybe. I had never heard of cal EAP before your post. I've inserted one reference I found on an alt medicine page site. You have to do home IV injections? Melody, how do you know about this, is it something you and John considered?

Never heard of it just googled it to see what we were talking about. I like his stuff on allergies as it fits in with my theories.
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

I would contact the Brewer's Science Library for a list of Dr.'s that handle CA-EAP treatment in the US. Contact Lillian Hanke
Brewer Science Library
2nd Floor
325 N. Central Ave
Richland Center, WI 53581
USA

Phone: (608) 647-6513
FAX: (608) 647-6797
[24 hours]
E-mail: drbrewer@mwt.net
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

Forgot to mention, the Brewer's Science Library will give you a list of patients in the U.S. that you can call that have tried this program and you can get first hand information.
ljm
Family Elder

Post by ljm »

okay, well, Wiggy YOU know even more than melody, did you do the treatment? or consider?
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

Yes, I saw Dr. Nieper in 1998. I called Brewer's Science Library, a clearing house of information to get info. on the doctor, the program, list of patients to talk to and review a survey they had done on US patients on CA-EAP treatment.

Went to Germany, spent 10 days and saw the Dr. 7 of 10 days - he did testing and came up with my program which I came home with and continued for the 7 years. The IV portion of the treatment was 3 X a week and it always made me feel better.
It did not halt progression of the disease for me but for many that I talked to by phone it did.

The IV portion of the program is hard - finding someone to do it. I went to see Dr. Moore in Indianapolis as well for a script to find someone to help me with IV therapy as no one in MI would handle without a script.
The IN script did not help me in MI. I ran an advertisement and finally found a nurse to help me with the program.

After a few years my husband mastered IV therapy and we went on our own.

I think this program only helped and didn't hurt - I have no regrets and was happy I was able to meet the Dr. and spend 10 days with my husband in Europe. I met many other US patients with MS at the Doctors office.
Libreni
Getting to Know You...

Post by Libreni »

I begin treatment December 5th. I live in Indianapolis and Dr. Moore's office is only a twenty minute drive. I'll let you know how it goes.
Libreni
Getting to Know You...

Post by Libreni »

Well, I had my 15th infusion yesterday. I can tell you I think it is helping. I am now walking without a limp, I feel like I have more energy, and my right hand has less spasticity(though it is still numb). If I go three days without an infusion, I feel fatigued and my hand returns to a claw.

The most difficult part about being on this program is finding someone to do the infusions. My husband tries, but is not always able to hit the vein. I hired a nurse for two weeks, but that became expensive. I'm fortunate to have a cousin who is a nurse and is helping me out of the kindess of her heart.

I have gone ahead and ordered the oral supplement version of cal-EAP, to use for those times when I am unable to get an infusion.

A little stressful at times, but it does appear to help so far.

I will update again at a later date.
ReneeK

my husband is doing fantastic on Calcium EAP

Post by ReneeK »

For the past year and a half, my husband (diagnosed in 1999) has been doing fantastic on Calcium EAP, taken orally.

It has made such a big difference, almost like having a new body.

I hope that it works as well for other people as it does for him.
Sanjay

are calcium aminoethylphosphate oral supplements effective

Post by Sanjay »

can anyone tell me if they have had any improvement with oral supplements of calcium amelethylphosphate?

i have limited income and cannot afford the injections.

Also has anyone benefitted from the best bet diet?

thank you and take care
Sanjay
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Hi Sanjay,

I never benefited from the Best Bet Diet though I lost a lot of weight. More recently I have added a daily regime of 3 heaped spoons of a calcium carbonate (90%), sodium bicarbonate and potassium citrate powder along with at least 3x420mg magnesium aspartate and 594mg potassium aspartate pills and every morning a spoon of magnesium citrate powder. My badly affected leg feels so much better than before I started these various powders and pills. And that was only about 3 weeks ago!! I have also been taking antibiotics for 2 years. I would describe the magnesium/calcium/potassium combination as miraculous! I got them in Austria from a health clinic but they must be relatively easily available elsewhere.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Malou

Calcium EAP about 9 ywars!!1

Post by Malou »

Hi everybody,
I`m Malou from germany.My MS started in 1998 and in 1999 I started to do Nieper therapy with Calcium EAP.Everything is the same as when I begun.Last year I was by a Neurology doc and he told me that this tharapy is old and I don`t should do it.So I stopped my therapy an one month later there was an attack.I was very angry with myself.So I started again with Calcium EAP and everything is allright and the same as in 1999.So if there is somebody who do it also please contact me, I´m searching for people who are making Nieper therapy and their way with that.
Thanks Malou

Return to “Regimens”