POLL - MS AND NEW WORK OPPORTUNITY

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

1) DON'T TAKE CHANCES, STAY AT CURRENT JOB
67%
2) TAKE THE NEW JOB AND HOPE FOR THE BEST
No votes
3) SO WHAT IF PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE MS, I'M TAKING THE JOB AS LONG AS I CAN DO IT.
33%

Total votes: 6

squinun

POLL - MS AND NEW WORK OPPORTUNITY

Post by squinun »

Hi All

I wanted to conduct this poll to get an idea of what you would do in this scenario.

You have MS and your current work environment accommodates your condition, but not so many people know that you have a medical condition.

But now you've been offered a high profile job, pretty good pay, relatively stressful, be a lot on the road but this will expose to everyone that you have MS. Although it pays well, they are not offering health benefits with the job. One major relapse will mean quitting the job.

So what would you do?
DougL
Family Elder

Re: POLL - MS AND NEW WORK OPPORTUNITY

Post by DougL »

squinun wrote: relatively stressful... they are not offering health benefits with the job.
for someone who has MS, i would be concerned that you wrote this. stress is bad, benefits are good.

a question for you - why are you considering this new job? Money? Career move? Hate current job?

the grass is always greener..
BadKittyCat
Family Member

Re: POLL - MS AND NEW WORK OPPORTUNITY

Post by BadKittyCat »

Look at it this way.... what are your chances of another relapse? Likely close to 100%. What are your chances of needing medical benefits? Likely 100%, even for my ultra healthy husband (not MS or anything elae yet, but life does happen). And what are the chances of you being able to hide your next relapse? I have done that, but advise against it... if you have progressed far enough, you can't hide it.

That aside, stress is personally something that can trigger a relapse, even with the drugs. Chose carefully.