Stem Cell Treatment Testimonials

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
SLOV8213
Family Member

Re: Stem Cell Treatment Testimonials

Post by SLOV8213 »

i
Last edited by SLOV8213 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

Please provide source of information.
SLOV8213
Family Member

Post by SLOV8213 »

I'm trying to find thew comment, it was on my facebook site. The patients name was Danielle I believe and the posting said the death occurred two weeks ago. Will post more info if I can find the actual person who posted it. Sorry.
SLOV8213
Family Member

Post by SLOV8213 »

I just received a comment from the member who originally posted on facebook, she was wrong, mixing up the treatment centers. They patient died receiving an HSCT transplant in India. Kind of a difference.
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

This is a huge difference. In Dr.Burt's trial excluding criteria is EDSS less than 6.0 and RRMS only, generally people still in good condition. In India they take almost anyone, it is not known in what condition the poor woman was.
SLOV8213
Family Member

Post by SLOV8213 »

Unfortunately I do not know more, and cannot rely on the source.
shaight
Family Elder

Post by shaight »

slov - you should delete your post about Dr Burt.

A women did develop an infection and unfortunately passed away due to septicaemia in India under the care of Dr Amit. RIP

Several people have gone thru HSCT with Dr Amit and are doing fine today. Every type of treatment or operation has their risks with one of the biggest being infection. With HSCT that is amplified due to a virtually non-existent immune system.
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

I found a doctor in my home country that is willing to perform HSCT. There is some bureaucratic drawbacks to overcome, as this is not an approved treatment here and it might get tricky. Good point is the price, around 10 000 - 15 000$ because my insurance will cover the hospital stay and probably some of the medications. Will have more information next month and I hope in 2-3 to perform the procedure.
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

Talked with the doctor again and we got things moving and it is going to be myeloablative hsct. I would prefer non-myeloablative, but they are not willing to perform it and probably have no experience with it. This is too good to be true to be honest and I just can't wait a few more months to get things cleared out hopefully do the procedure in probably half a year.
reallyreally
Family Member

Post by reallyreally »

Pesho wrote:Talked with the doctor again and we got things moving and it is going to be myeloablative hsct. I would prefer non-myeloablative, but they are not willing to perform it and probably have no experience with it. This is too good to be true to be honest and I just can't wait a few more months to get things cleared out hopefully do the procedure in probably half a year.

Congrats...that is great news! I go for my 6 month HSCT follow up in May. So far many of my symptoms have been reduced and I feel better than I did before the treatment. I am anxious to see what my new EDSS is going to be!
spadworld
Getting to Know You...

Post by spadworld »

Top of the morning, everyone, I'm Andrew, I'm 38 from Italy and I am a secondary progressive form MS patient with more then 25 years of fighting experience against our desease.Yesterday I've taken my first bone marrow mesenchimal stem cells infusion, I am following dr.Slavin's program. This has costed to me 32.000$ and this is not the first "so called" therapy. Infacts I was treated with t-cells vaccinations" in 95 in Belgium, I was treated with CCSVI vascolar stenosis, about 4 years ago and now I'm testifyng the MSC therapy. I turned from RR easiest form into progressive, about 4 years ago too. On my opinion, CCSVI was just an illusion, a fake therapy wich was never worthed. I reaaaaally really hope I'll have completely different results, now with dr. Slavin. I am tired of wasting my money worldwide.....and I am really tired of official medical point of view, about secondary progressive ms form!
spadworld
Getting to Know You...

Post by spadworld »

I am still able to walk but things are getting worst and worst. I need some pratical result, NOW.....for me, the ones like me and everyone in world who'fighting against this F*****G disease.....fountain of great money for the medical companies! I wish to take my kindest regards and a very warm greeting to all of ya!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

good luck, I think if done correctly, and you are of the right disease "mix" it has the highest chance of success.

How long ago did you have the chemo?
Does Dr Slavin's protocol require re-immunisation?
Where are you being treated?
spadworld
Getting to Know You...

Post by spadworld »

Well, being my same bone marrow cells, at this moment I didn't take any immunosoppression, any chemio.I guess chemio was required if it was cells coming from someone else's.
spadworld
Getting to Know You...

Post by spadworld »

grazie per aver contattato il nostro centro. CTCI

Le allego un formulario da compilare e rispedire per sapere se e' possibile trattare il caso nel

nostro centro. In caso positivo eccole alcune informazioni sul trattamento:

Si tratta di venire qui a Tel Aviv per un consulto col professor Slavin e per l’aspirazione delle cellule.

Si deve rimanere in Israele la stessa notte del trattamento MSC:

L’indomani si puo’ gia’ ripartire.

Le cellule vengono coltivate nei nostri laboratori e dopo su per giu’ tre mesi, vengono reinfuse in una clinica in Svizzera. Li’ si sta due notti nella clinica e l’indomani si puo’ ripartire.

Prima di venire in Israele per l’aspirazione bisogna fare le seguenti cose:

1)Esami di sangue, la cui lista riceverete, se interessati.

2)Bonifico di 32.000 (trentaduemila) Dollari Americani o valenti in Euro. I dati della banca li riceverete se interessati.

Il prezzo comprende l’aspirazione in Israele, la reinfusione in Svizzera e due notti nella clinica svizzera, anche per un accompagnatore. Non comprende viaggi ed hotel.

3)Mandare una copia della prima pagina del passaporto del paziente, quella con foto e numero.

4)Molto importante mandare un breve riporto medico in inglese,sulla situazione attuale, perche’ senza questo documento non sara’ possibile andare avanti.

Noi facciamo questo trattamento a molti pazienti, da tutto il mondo. Ognuno reagisce diversamente.

C’e’ chi migliora tanto, c’e’ chi meno e c’e’ chi non migliora pero’ la malattia si ferma o rallenta.

Cio’ che e’ sicuro e’ che il trattamento non reca alcun danno, ne’ peggiora la situazione..I primi dati della sperimentazione indicano che si interviene specificamente ,tramite le cellule mesenchimali sulle cellule attive nella produzione di mielina .

Le posso allegare, se desiderato, indirizzi email di pazienti italiani che hanno avuto il trattamento nella nostra clinica.

Spero di averle dato le prime informazioni desiderate.

Per ogni altra domanda, saro’ lieta di risponderle.

È necessario essere consapevoli del fatto che il trattamento che possiamo offrire è ancora considerato come una procedura sperimentale, non ancora approvata come procedura medica. In quanto tale, anche se faremo tutto ciò che serve per migliorare la vostra condizione, in nessun modo possiamo promettere obiettivi particolari

Distinti saluti e in attesa di vs riscontro

Mrs. Ruth Grunbaum

Patient Coordinator & Administrative Assistant

The International Center for Cell Therapy

& Cancer Immunotherapy (CTCI)
Top Ichilov at the Weizman Center
Tel Aviv Medical Complex
14 Weizman Street
Tel Aviv 64239
Israel