Multiple Sclerosis drug Revimmune receives FDA designation

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
MSUK
Family Elder

Multiple Sclerosis drug Revimmune receives FDA designation

Post by MSUK »

The U.S. Food and Drug AdministrationbizWatch U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted Orphan Drug Designation to Revimmune, Accentia Biopharmaceuticals Inc.bizWatch Accentia Biopharmaceuticals Inc.'s planned therapy to treat autoimmune diseases including multiple sclerosis.

With FDA Orphan Drug status, Accentia, based in Tampa, gains seven years of market exclusivity for Revimmune for systemic sclerosis and autoimmune hemolytic anemia upon its approval by the FDA, a company statement said.... Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/2018
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

i thought this was dead on arriveal - but i still want to try it
rssugg
Family Elder

Re: Multiple Sclerosis drug Revimmune receives FDA designati

Post by rssugg »

bump
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

yeah, bump
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

The reason I am still have a little interested in this, is because the one person here who went through this treatment and posted here, actually thought he was cured, for a while, before the MS returned. If the safety is good, and long term there is no damage or exclusion from other / future treatments, then a holiday from MS for a few years would be nice and a possible option.
criptastic
Getting to Know You...

Post by criptastic »

I had the Revimmune protocol 38 months ago. I don't have MS, but myasthenia gravis. It has been totally worth it, although I wish I'd done it earlier. I was 48 when I did the treatment, and the first, and so far only patient to do it for MG at the center which did mine.

While I can't say I am symptom free or medication free, I can say that overall I am 90% better than I was prior to doing the treatment. My goal was to be able to spend my daughter's high school years in relative health, and that has so far happened. She will graduate in 2015. High school is tough enough for a kid without worrying about a very ill mom.

The treatment came with a few costs to me. It sent me into an immediate menopause, which was no piece of cake. I had complications (neutropenic fever) and my white blood counts, lymphs, etc have yet to really return to normal, although I'm also on an immune suppressor (but was prior to the treatment with no such effects.) I have found that I definitely lost some cognitive strength, especially in the first couple of years. I wasn't "sharp" anymore, and my reflexes were slower. That has improved over time, however. I also never take my "good days" for granted. My worst days now are about like my best days then. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I definitely think this is something to consider for "buying time." It's important, however, to look at it as a treatment, not a cure. I went into it with the mindset that even a 50% improvement would mean the world. I guess you could say I won the lottery.

Take care everyone!
iKat
Getting to Know You...

Post by iKat »

i didn't think they were using this anymore. Are they going to start trials again? I think the HSCT seems to be more promising that this.