Question for the board on ON

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
HUTTO
Family Member

Question for the board on ON

Post by HUTTO »

i don't know how many of you have developed ON. but i woke up the other day with a real bad pain in my eye..i didn't get alot of sleep over new years or the next day..proably about 6 hours for two nights. i haven't lost any vision and it hurts to the touch.. anyone experience pain with there ON? Thanks for your help...
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

Hi
I had ON as one of my symptoms. My eye was sore for a couple of days and then the center of my vision in that eye started to fade. Colors were less brilliant, reds less red etc. Every once in a while, I have the same pains in my eye and now in the other eye but they are not followed by visual changes. Hope this helps.
NN
HUTTO
Family Member

Post by HUTTO »

was it sore to the touch?
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

When mine gets real bad, it is definitely sore to the touch. It's like 'eye-socket pain', but it hurts to the touch. It also hurts if I squint that eye shut. I didn't have the pain like that until this year, but my neuro. told me that eye socket pain is not atypical.

Lew
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

It was sore all the time and when I pushed on my eye(over my eye lid), it would be more sore.
NN
HUTTO
Family Member

Post by HUTTO »

thanks guys...its just weird because it doesn't hurt when im looking around..maybe when i close my eyes but i can't notice it...the only time i notice it is when i touch my eyelid and i feel it...but its not my socket its the actual eye ball...i guess i should call my nuero eh?lol
adjanimals
Family Member

Post by adjanimals »

With all do respect HUTTO, it's fine to get advice here but when it comes to problems with the eye, get to a good ophthalmologist. Mine explained to me what to look for if I thought I had ON. Forget the nuero. The only reason I state that is that you did not comment that you did, if I missed it, I apologize.
ADJ
Muu
Family Elder

Post by Muu »

Get yerself to an eye doctor! It may well be a side effect of ON but you need an eye exam to rule out anything else. My various bouts of ON whilst distrubing at first caused no pain. I really think it best to err on the side of caution.
Muu
HUTTO
Family Member

Post by HUTTO »

thanks muu and everyone else..it hurts on the eye..not when i move more of discomfort but who knows..i have a call in to the dr so we will see..i will keep you posted on it..thank you for all your replys..
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Glaucoma can also hurt when you press on the eyeball so again, you should se the ophthalmologist with this.