Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
Tif
Family Elder

Re: Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Post by Tif »

Hi, yes it's legal in Az. The laws don't allow for it to go across state borders. Unfortunately, we can't help each other with product. We can only share with other licensed AZ mmj patients.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I ended up in hospital for three days due to profound depression… It had nothing to do with the oil, in fact I stopped the oil to determine if it was causing constipation. Maybe if I had stayed on it, I would've been less depressed…

My right hand is disappearing and I cannot imagine a life where I cannot even scratch my nose. I just flipped out, crying and yelling that I did not want to live. Anyway, I saw three MDs, a psychiatrist assistant, two different psychiatrists, a social worker and I really liked the second psychiatrist who works sometimes with the MS society. He told me I should start to use Ritalin to give myself enough energy to go do things, to get out because lately my fatigue has been preventing me from wanting to do anything because it just seems like everything is overwhelmingly difficult. Dr. Lyn said why not just use cocaine LOL. I don't think I ever truly recovered from my blood sepsis and near-death experience in 2012. Dr. Lyn told me about this book, and I will have to check it out. I think antibiotics destroy my gut and immune system…

http://www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com/

Replacing 10 pounds of gut bacteria with good guys just seems to be very difficult and in the hospital I had some results that indicate my gut is not functioning, including way below normal creatinine clearance. I gather this indicates I am not digesting protein properly. I had two episodes of low blood sugar, indicating poor carbohydrate digestion… And I showed up low sodium… When Dr. Lyn came up to see me she ran another ZYTO scan and this time I really do believe the technology is valid. It showed my protein digestion was not working, that I should be, hypoglycemic diet, that I had a number of low minerals and it identified I was low in three different neurotransmitters including dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. Is what my genetic test said that I break down these neurotransmitters too quickly. The psychiatrist assistant knew what I was talking about when I mentioned that I did this genetic test and the COMT genetic strands were damaged and that meant that I break down the street neurotransmitters too quickly… The scan was really interesting!

On the conference call last night person said they been experimenting with time released vitamin D3 patches… And also time released methylcobalamin, but the strips have healing codes? Anybody heard of this?
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I think I have determined that the oil is not causing constipation… Hooray… Because it is the most wonderful substance I have ever experimented with. Totally eliminates pain!!! Gets rid of the spasticity, mostly. Puts me into a profound sleep for about seven hours. My mood improves although I am still not not depressed. But nothing has ever helped like this stuff… Today I am going to increase my dose, get some more from the dispensary and hopefully make my next week. My God, I am so glad I learned of this and the difference between ingesting and smoking. I have been smoking Indica since about 1997 and I was totally ignorant about the difference. Well, not totally ignorant. I ate a Buddha ball, a cookie and got so high I didn't like it so I just kept smoking it.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-m ... story.html
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

In fact, I have decided that I can only continue living if I give myself some form of MJ lobotomy… I need to stop worrying about the next few months and my right hand deteriorating. I just want to disappear into a cerebral sanctuary, but a naturally induced one. Personally I have always loved cannabis. I love opium also but constipating LOL
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Merlyn wrote:Does Arizona have medical marijuana? I know someone in Connecticut is trying to get a hold of the oil, but medical marijuana is not yet in place. Do you know some reliable provider that would ship to Connecticut?
First of all, let me state that I am not a proponent of marijuana usage. I am ignorant of the relative issues.

But I am aware of the interest on this website. Because I believe our purpose here is to share information, I am sharing the article on Medical Marijuana which appears in the Fall 2014 issue of this publication:

http://www.momentummagazineonline.com/m ... hype-hope/

From the map, it appears that Connecticut does allow medical marijuana.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://www.beatthemarketstockpicks.com/

some really good information on the medical studies…
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

I sure liked my article better, I mean the science is already there. What amazes me, as a veteran smoker, there is a surprising and pronounced difference between this oil and a few tokes…
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Merlyn wrote:I sure liked my article better, I mean the science is already there. What amazes me, as a veteran smoker, there is a surprising and pronounced difference between this oil and a few tokes…
I doubt that smoking anything is good for the human body. Burning carbohydrates, e.g., cellulose, produces acrolein as a byproduct. Acrolein is also known as vinyl aldehyde. It's a small, highly reactive, potent oxidant.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... -48373.pdf
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

I don't worry about it, the smoking part. But, what I am concerned about is that smoking is not going to have the therapeutic benefit that people with MS need, they need the essential oil. I am pretty sure hemp oil is included in the Iranian "cure" for MS.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/media-ign ... med-school
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://haventheardthatyet.wordpress.com ... ndhivaids/

Scientists in Spain, Canada, and the UK have demonstrated recently in lab studies that CBD has the effect of destroying cancer cells. In fact, it has been observed to reduce and reverse the effects of numerous diseases including diabetes, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, leukemia, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease , Alzheimer’s , and even to destroy the HIV/AIDS virus. In all, 200 conditions have been shown to be cured by cannabinoids.
Lynn62
Family Member

Post by Lynn62 »

Merlyn,

What are you using to get your good results? Do you make your own? I did send you a PM a few days ago. Medical marijuana is now legal in my state but it is so new that it will be about 2 more years before we have all the rules and have growers/dispensaries. In the meantime, I am curious what people are doing with Rick Simpson oil and CBD.

Thanks,
Lynn

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
started LDN 3 mg. 11/2013
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

I'll chime in here - my wife who has a mild case of ms, has been taking CBD oil for about 5 months. She takes 3 generous squirts of Cibdex 250 mg CBD oil 2 x a day. She has seen noticeable improvements in nerve pain, and a small improvement in her weak leg.
Her general feeling of well being has also improved. There are no negative side effects, and no narcotic effect. I'm convinced this stuff does help.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

I have made gel caps using CBD powder. Some relief of bowel issues but they didn't help with any MS symptoms. I would like to try RS oil if I could get my hands on some! Did try some kind of cannabis oil but Nada. A 'mystery' joint I smoked a couple years ago gave me incredible relief of spasticity but I was not able to find the strain so I was unable to reproduce the results.

MS is a tough road but cannabis helps fill in some of the pot holes (mood enhancer). Hopefully no need for a smiley face!

PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

I am getting my product from a local dispensary. I am fortunate enough to live in an area where, while cannabis is not legal, it is widely accessible. I get it from a storefront, not some shady backstreet dealer… When I talked to the owner/manager, I asked him which solvent he was using and he said isopropyl and that an independent laboratory tested for residue which was 0.01% of the solvent left behind. I have yet to make my own although I am equipped with with Everclear and a rice cooker. I don't know how he is selling this oil for his price because it's rather cheap considering the price of an ounce of marijuana/Indica running at $250

http://www.naturesbotanicals.ca/
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Just an addendum, I tried the CBD strain of marijuana and it did nothing for me, not a thing. I did not try the oil, but the herb…

I am in the middle of reading Rick Simpson's book and he is very much recommending the THC form, the Indica. He maintains that it is the THC that has the beneficial healing component of the cannabis plant. I do know that for the first time in many many moons, I have been going back to sleep when I am repositioned at 7:30 AM. Normally I can never get back to sleep. And the other wonderful thing about this stuff really does level out my mood I believe. Considering that I was just so depressed and I do need help with this aspect of life these days, I am so grateful that I can do it naturally and not get into the SSRIs etc. I don't generally have good reactions to pharmaceutical medications. There are no negatives to this stuff that I can see if one can enjoy the psychotropic alteration.

Return to “Medical Marijuana”