Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
Tif
Family Elder

Re: Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Post by Tif »

Merlyn,
I agree that people need the oil and there is no comparison in benefits.

"....I don't know how he is selling this oil for his price because it's rather cheap considering the price of an ounce of marijuana/Indica running at $250."

They don't necessarily use bud. Usually they will use trim from the bud. They get a lot more money for bud so they sell that and use the 'sugar leaves'/trim to make capsules, candies and food items.

Tzootsi,
Glad your wife is seeing improvement, that's awesome! She should try the other cannabinoids too, get sativa and indica capsules, bet she will be impressed.
Tiff
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

I am the person using the oil… I have Primary Progressive MS, have been using a wheelchair full for about 11 years… I have been a regular smoker of marijuana, got the paperwork for medical marijuana in Seattle back in 1997. Moved back to Canada in 2004 to Vancouver island where the police seem to allow medical dispensaries to operate without too much harassment, although I gather that waxes and wanes.

Recently, I have found myself unable to really cope with my life. This is so not what I expected. There is no MS in my family or anything, I have five brothers and sisters and tons of cousins but I seem to be the first to be thus affected. I am still reading Rick Simpson's book and around page 88 he makes a comment about MS being responsive to his oil, that he is seen many cases where it is cured or controlled by the oil. I don't know where these people are on the Internet… I mean when I find something that is beneficial I try to spread the word. However, depending on the legalities, I can see where people perhaps reticent…

Anyway, I do find many many benefits from this. It's amazing actually. For the last two or three years I have had a hard time keeping my left arm on the left arm of my wheelchair. My whole arm wants to pull in towards my torso, it is so stiff. So for the last week I have been doing these range of motion exercises and there is no joint pain, zip and I can move the joint much further. There is no spasticity which allows me to move the joint more normally… And it feels comfortable to keep my arm on the arm, no pulling.

I am still at a non-therapeutic dose, not doing 1 g… I am a bit off planet LOL, but that's really fine at this time, probably needed at this time, because as I say I just lost my ability to do what I have to do every day without major depression…

http://www.zengardner.com/cannabis-rest ... ld-injury/
Lynn62
Family Member

Post by Lynn62 »

Merlyn

Which oil are you using? I'm glad it helps you.

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
started LDN 3 mg. 11/2013
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://www.naturesbotanicals.ca/ is my source right now. They have, under oils, RSO (Rick Simpson oil) for $15 per gram… It is very thick, does not taste great and it is recommended to keep it in the freezer to make it easier to measure out. I believe this is an Indica oil as per Rick Simpson's recommendation. It is certainly a relaxing oil, although another local experimenter is finding that it makes weaker… Loss of spasticity is usually up the price of strength….I have not noticed a particular difference, but it is caution…
Lynn62
Family Member

Post by Lynn62 »

Thanks Merlyn. I thought you said it did help your spasticity?

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
started LDN 3 mg. 11/2013
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Yes, it helps spasticity big-time, in fact almost eliminates it for me… And that is objective confirmation also, the people that assist me in range of motion exercises etc. notice the increased flexibility and ability to stretch out my limbs without triggering pullback…

I am not on any anti-spasticity medication. Baclofen makes me more stiff, Zanaflex dropped my blood pressure to 70/40, Valium makes me suicidally etc.… I have never been able to tolerate most pharmaceuticals. I do take clonazepam at night, 2 mg. I am hoping actually to get rid of it, slowly wean off of it.

I did increase the dose by a fair bit, and I feel a bit tired… Rick Simpson warns of this, that initially it can make one feel very tired because it detoxifies (there are scientific studies backing this). Anyway, I will stay at this dose for a while to try to acclimate.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Most Canadians are crazy… Why would we put up with this?

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... -1.1411074
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

This is from Phoenix Tears, Rick Simpson's book, I think around page 111

After I removed the males, only about 150 females were left to be harvested. As usual, I did
not have much to work with, but it was much better than having nothing at all. I took the
material I had available and went to work producing the medication for those in need as quickly
as possible. Back in the spring of 2009, I had supplied oil to a man from Yarmouth, named Lery
Deon, to treat his son’s MS. His 23-year-old son could no longer work on the fishing boats because
the condition he was suffering from impaired his ability to walk. After six weeks of treatment
with the oil, he was able to return to work, since he could now move and walk properly again.
Seeing the oil work on his son’s so-called incurable condition was a real eye-opener for Lery and
we became friends.
Lery was also involved
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder