Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Re: Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Post by Merlyn »

Brain injury response to cannabis oil…

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/10/thi ... .html#more

Sadly, I think that the woman that had brain cancer in Oregon that just died, died of the type of tumor that Spain is going to be treating with clinical trials. This is mentioned in this article above…
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

in January with a glioblastoma brain tumour and said she planned to take prescribed medication to die when her pain became

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... in-cancer/

THIS is why people have to wake up, maybe she could've been saved.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Florida has Amendment 2 on the ballot (voting today) for medical marijuana. It has to pass a 60% threshold. It is looking positive but won't know for sure until all the votes are counted. Fingers crossed...
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Well, Florida did not come to their senses, while DC and Oregon did… I am still using the oil… And I sincerely wish everyone could try it because it is a miracle for me… I love DC for allowing people to grow up to 6 plants, there is where it has to go… Meanwhile Canada, is being so backward it is in my opinion criminal. It is so bizarre, Florida could use this treatment more than anywhere. In fact I think the arthritis society is demanding that they study cannabis oil for pain. All the old folks in Florida sure could use some relief. Alaska? I thought they were also going to vote…

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/medical ... -1.2823362
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Lynn62
Family Member

Post by Lynn62 »

Merlyn,
Do you have any recipes for what to make to ingest the Rick Simpson Oil (Phoenix Tears)? I am thinking of buying some RSO.
Thanks,
Lynn

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
started LDN 3 mg. 11/2013
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I am trying to figure this out myself. My husband is using a cake tester to get the oil out of these little bottles. But it is the stickiest substance and very hard to measure. It's like taffy, only harder to control. I have been using Stone Wheat crackers, putting butter down first, the oil on top. When I am finding is that when I chew it all up, the oil sticks to my teeth and it's very intense, like cinnamon oil, it burns the tissue/tongue. So we're going to try to switch delivery vehicles… I would like to use chocolate…

I bought 10 chocolate bars, they are so delicious, they contain cannabis oil, but I do not find them very potent, not like the oil. The 10 g came in a syringe, not a bottle, so I'm hoping to just squeeze out small circles and put it on a square of chocolate. So no, I am not pleased with my own method at the present time… The chocolate bars
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Latest experiment is using Werther's old-fashioned butterscotch candies that have an indentation down the center, so I am putting the oil in the trough. This seems to work pretty good, tasty and the oil does not stick to my teeth. Getting the dosage even is still not solved, but I lined up 40 different candies and you can get a good idea of how much oil is in the center. I think this is saving my life. Literally. My depression was suicidal. It totally lets me be more normal, less focused on worrying, less focused on what the future holds. When I have enough oil in my system, I am finding that my hand function is much improved. I was losing the ability to even manipulate my wheelchair, and without the oil, that problem is there and obvious. With enough oil in my system, I can maintain my grip on the joystick. I can laugh at things that are funny, and genuinely enjoy the experience. Spasticity drastically reduces. The pain disappears. I am also remarkably noticing an amazing memory recall ability. I do not have cognitive issues except for depression. I do not have any eyesight problem and I read continually still, read complex articles and have good retention. In other words, no real brain involvement as far as comprehension etc. With this oil, I am instantly providing names of people that I have not thought of in years etc. Also, my eyesight seems slightly better. I was able to read a digital clock in my living room last night that I cannot normally see… I don't know if that was just a fluke.

I do know that the thought of living without this stuff is unthinkable. I don't have the time right now but last night I was doing some research on THC and neural regeneration, nerve regeneration, and there is some remarkable studies out there. For me, I am no longer in the search world, I have found my choice of treatment. I am no longer going to be spending so many hours trying to figure this crap out, how to live with it.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Hea ... story.html

It is exactly what direction I will not go in. The slice and dice industry is not for me. I have had some of the worst medical tests like myelogram/spinal tap/cystoscopy… I will never subject myself to another MRI, a CT scan which is the equivalent of 400 x-rays… Me, I am going to go with the genius of Rick Simpson.
Lynn62
Family Member

Post by Lynn62 »

Merlyn,

I am so happy for you and the success you are having with the oil. The Werther's candy route sounds good!

Does the oil make you high? How much do you take daily? 40 candies???

I can't get the RSO from the Canadian dispensary you use because they don't ship to the USA.

I am still looking.

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

I have been getting some emails from people who are getting the same fantastic results that I am. Reduction or total elimination of spasticity, elimination of pain, better sleep, better mood, and something I am noticing lately is amazing recall of information. I mean I am feeling very sharp mentally. I also think that it helps deal with stress, it seems to strengthen one's ability to handle shall we say challenges. I am guessing my dose is around half a gram, maybe slightly more. This is been administered on about 5 candies… Slides right off the candy, so I probably don't have to eat the sugar, which I should avoid as I am hypoglycemic. If this stuff treats diabetes, like it seems to do, then maybe it will also help my blood sugar regulation. It is very interesting in Ontario, they ruled that the first nations family that did not want to give their child chemotherapy has been allowed to pull that child out of the treatment. There is another case going on in Ontario where the father wants to treat his son with leukemia with cannabis oil. Logically, they cannot discriminate and say that first nations can use natural medicine on their child, but not allow this other father to treat his son with cannabis oil. Something's got to give!

Simpson said blood borne diseases like leukemia are the easiest to treat and usually disappear in about three weeks in children when they are treated with the cannabis oil. British Columbia, Canada, now finds itself in the position where full legalization took place in Alaska, to the north of us, and to the south of course, Washington and Oregon are now legal and I understand the California will be voting in 2016 to legalize… So how is BC going to be stuck in the dinosaur age?

To answer your question, yes, the oil does have psychotropic effects. Some people I assume cannot handle it, but I enjoy it. I was laughing last night for the first time in I don't know when, a deep belly laugh… Life seems enjoyable again. Psychiatrist at the hospital said that to me, that I have to get the pain under control in order to get rid of the depression. I don't have the pain anymore, and I just feel restored to myself, my own personality, the true me. Not to be woo woo, but Rick Simpson believes that when you ingest this plant, you consume the spirit of plant, the vibration/frequency of the plant. There's something going on here Mr. Jones.
Lynn62
Family Member

Post by Lynn62 »

Merlyn,

What does your RSO oil look like? Honey colored? Dark black? I was just wondering.

Dx RRMS 1990
took Avonex for 15 years
Dx SPMS 2013
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://thecannabiscure.blogspot.ca/2013 ... kemia.html

http://drsircus.com/medicine/medical-marijuana/

I have bought two different products from two different dispensaries. If you spread it out on parchment paper, one is bordering on black, the other slightly lighter in color, but still very dark, definitely not golden as Rick Simpson says it can be when you use only Bud.

I spent all this time last night posting On the Globe and Mail defending the first nations family that pulled their daughter of chemotherapy in order to treat her naturally. Number of people that have been brainwashed into believing chemotherapy is actually effective is just amazing. What a snow job (apologies to Buffalo). I am going to make it my mission in life to join the hemp activists that are demanding we be allowed to grow our own plants. Quite frankly, at $14 a day for the oil, I can't do it. When they legalize like they did in Colorado and tax it heavily, who can afford it? More and more I believe that this plant is illegal because it would put the trillion dollar chemotherapy industry out of business.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

When you look at the history of hemp, I believe it was Randolph Hearst who did not want industrial hemp because he was heavily invested in newspaper/cotton and the cotton farmers did not want the competition from hemp… Anyway it's all very complicated and follow the money…

I have not yet read the book The Emperor Has No Clothes, by Jack Herer, but his statement was he didn't know whether hemp would save the world, but it was the only thing that could… When we made the decision to go petroleum instead of plant-based renewable industries, we made a grave mistake.

I don't know whither I am being preemptive, but I think my right hand is remaining in a more relaxed state. As my MS has progressed, my hands of become very clawlike, first the left one became very stiff and unmovable, which is now been affecting my right hand and my OT been looking into sip and puff technology because my right hand is so frozen. When I have been getting up lately in the morning, my hand is not clenched into a death grip… And my left hand has also been undergoing slight improvement in that my fingers tend to stick out straight instead of clamping into a fist.

In other words, I am now wondering whether this stuff is going to have permanent improvement qualities… I really do not expect to walk again, I'm pretty far gone, but then again, looking at my hands I maintain hope. Also, I have noticed that the color of my feet is better usually. I get very very purple feet from sitting and this seems to be a bit better… So I have no clue where this will lead, the only thing I know is I do not have the money for 1 g a day, and I still think for me the search is over… I smoked my first joint when I was 14, smoked from age 15-20, then didn't touch it until I was probably around 35 and have been using it regularly since 1998, smoking. And never had this kind of response to smoking, this is a total different ballgame. I do not know how much of it might simply be that this oil supplies a form of magnesium that you can really absorb, maybe THC can help the cells absorb magnesium or something I don't know… All's I know is that I will go down this path way as far as I can take it.

Also, I do want to add that when I first started smoking again back in 1998 or so, I would have an initial uncomfortable reaction of a slightly accelerated heartbeat, a kind of pseudo-paranoia, an almost LSD feeling of unreality, a slight fear of how far the feeling might go… This would last for 10-15 minutes, and I would have this regret that I had smoked the stuff, but then I would relax into the stone and be okay. Now some might question why in the world I would've persisted with those kind of mental side effects, but after the initial discomfort, I would find myself enjoying my altered state… I do have a friend that cannot smoke cannabis due to complete paranoia, she simply cannot handle it she says, although I don't know whether she's ever compared the different strains of cannabis IE Indica versus sativa… I cannot tolerate the sativa, it makes me incredibly hyper.

What a long strange trip it's been…
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

From my other forum:

Okay, going back to the first article, where it says that once the disease has progressed far enough, nerve damage is permanent. I don't believe that, simply because it doesn't make sense if when you take something you can all of a sudden move… Nerves tell the muscles what to do, so if there is permanent damage, you should not be able to influence motor control unless you're taking some kind of neurotransmitter… When I take this cannabis oil, there is definitely better fine motor control, plus I was always told the spasticity was due to nerve damage… Central nervous system damage… Well, the oil, in a appropriate dose, greatly greatly reduces spasticity. I also believe that it affects mental clarity. To give you an example, last night I felt so sharp, right on the money… My husband and I were talking about potential conditions that could be made worse by marijuana. He said that perhaps migraines would be adversely affected… Then he said:
"but I have never had a migraine". And without missing a beat, I replied: "Well, I could give you one".

It is nice, it is a miracle to be able to be funny again…

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/canna ... apers.html
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

The only thing I can find in common is iron metabolism… But, once again, many people have the same issue and they don't develop MS… I just know that I am tired of the research/experimentation/obsession with progression/financial meltdown…

Long story but I have arrived at this point of surrender. I give myself over to the marijuana plant, and I continue to find relief in the pain arena, thank The Source…

http://preventdisease.com/news/14/12051 ... cent.shtml

Knowing this, how can they justify their actions?

Return to “Medical Marijuana”