How many of you have Amalgam fillings

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Do you have Amalgam fillings?

yes
69%
no
6%
not anymore
25%

Total votes: 16

David1949
Family Elder

Re: How many of you have Amalgam fillings

Post by David1949 »

You need a control group of people who don't have MS. See if the numbers look different for that group.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Your survey has a big problem. It does not consider the amount of amalgams. Obviously 1 amalgam would present less of a problem than 10 amalgams. The amount of amalgams you have in your mouth will determine the amount available to be absorbed by the body. Some people have better ability to excrete the mercury. They also change the composition of the amalgam which allows it to release more mercury so earlier amalgams would present less of a problem. The evidence is pretty clear that mercury contributes to neurological problems. Ever heard of the mad hatters?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

This article on dental amalgams is quite interesting:

http://www.poison.org/current/dentalama ... ercury.htm

There just does not seem to be any conclusive evidence one way or the other, although logically it makes sense not to have amalgams or for that matter any exposure to mercury.

Several European countries including Sweden have banned the use of amalgams. It will be interesting to see the statistics 30-50 years from now in those countries to see if the rate of MS and other diseases falls noticeably/statistically.

FWIW, it is believed that MS was around prior to use of amalgams:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/disease ... rosis4.htm

The use of amalgams goes back to the 1800's:

http://www.drwolfe.com/dentistry/mercury_fillings

The conclusion of this article: "The most puzzling thing about this 160 year old controversy is that it is still a controversy."
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:I had a urine test to check the mercury but it was within the limits so they never considered that to be a problem. I had hair analysis done and the mercury didn't seem to be a problem
So how did you come to the conclusion that you had too much mercury in your system from the amalgam fillings?
They never put a name on what I had but I believe it was the root canals.
So you "believe" it was root canals but you really didn't know. That leaves rather huge possibilities wouldn't you say?
Root canals are really good at breeding bad bacteria. Bacteria cause disease. None of that is a problem for me anymore. I have heard stories of people having a root canal and then coming down with MS.
And people come down with MS after suffering a trauma, come down with MS after being exposed to a virus, come down with MS after poor dieting for years. There are dozens and dozens of theories and guesses as to what causes MS so saying root canals cause MS is just another guess since people get MS who haven't had a root canal in their life...like my first wife!
It is important to listen to your body. It you have a root canal and couple months later you have MS there could be a connection.
Or it could be no connection at all, simply coincidence.
elizard

yes it is mercury of course

Post by elizard »

I truly don't spend my energy on boards to tell everyone the obvious but here I came because of searching night sweats - and if you are the one person that reads this, that you or someone you care about has an MS diagnosis - it IS mercury poisoning. When 'some' people do not have 'MS/mercury' it is for a lot reasons...oh like they are better detoxifers then others, that they have been exposed for less time, that they didn't have as many as I did, that they're genetic weak link might show up as a different auto disease, etc.

Me...I had 11 amalgams over 20-25 yrs, after a Hep B shot with thimerosal, 10 days later I had double vision in one eye and there came the MS diagnosis. It's now been 13 years and neuros wasted six years of those ignoring what I told them it was. Duh. It's one hell of a neuro toxin.

So...for an MS person reading this...it's mercury poisoning, then candida, then leaky gut and then balancing our system (adrenals, liver, etc.) to get permanently well.

Bio chelat worked and chlorella is amazing and also binds to gut mercury. Go slow. Massively increase your nutrition. And it will take years. It took years to poison us, it takes years to get well. Good luck.
Kitties

Post by Kitties »

Had 9, now have 1 left to convert to porcelain. 8 of them had cracked.

Return to “General Discussion”