Suggestions for dosing/regimen

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
kw202
Family Member

Suggestions for dosing/regimen

Post by kw202 »

Hello!

I'm brand new, awaiting a MS dx, but likely won't happen until early next month.

Meanwhile, I'm taking control of what I can do myself. For now that's primarily with diet and supplementation.

My primary question right now is: What next steps should I take to boost my vitamin D level?

A couple of weeks ago, it came back as 9.9 ng/ml. That's obviously completely unacceptable. I took a 400,000 IU megadose almost two weeks ago and have been supplementing with 10000IU D3 daily since. I was just tested a few days ago and that raised it to 33 ng/ml, which is lots better than 9.9, but nowhere near good enough. So - I'm contemplating another megadose, and wondering what regimen to follow. I was thinking of doing a dose of 50000 IU daily for maybe the next week and a half, then drop back to 10000 IU and see what that does.

Second, my B12 is also low - 193 out of a scale where it should up around 600 (apologies, can't remember the unit of measurement). I'm currently taking about 6000 mcg B12 sublingual daily, planning on dropping back to 2000 mcg at the end of the month.

So here's what I'm taking daily:

Probiotic
D3 10000 IU sublingual
B12 6000 mcg sublingual
K2 100mg
Magnesium glycinate 400mg (may increase this to 600mg)
acetyl-l-carnitine 1000mg
r-lipoic acid 240mg
COQ10 100mg

Any suggestions most welcome.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Re: Suggestions for dosing/regimen

Post by AntonioBR »

kw202 wrote:Hello!

I'm brand new, awaiting a MS dx, but likely won't happen until early next month.

Meanwhile, I'm taking control of what I can do myself. For now that's primarily with diet and supplementation.

My primary question right now is: What next steps should I take to boost my vitamin D level?

A couple of weeks ago, it came back as 9.9 ng/ml. That's obviously completely unacceptable. I took a 400,000 IU megadose almost two weeks ago and have been supplementing with 10000IU D3 daily since. I was just tested a few days ago and that raised it to 33 ng/ml, which is lots better than 9.9, but nowhere near good enough. So - I'm contemplating another megadose, and wondering what regimen to follow. I was thinking of doing a dose of 50000 IU daily for maybe the next week and a half, then drop back to 10000 IU and see what that does.

Second, my B12 is also low - 193 out of a scale where it should up around 600 (apologies, can't remember the unit of measurement). I'm currently taking about 6000 mcg B12 sublingual daily, planning on dropping back to 2000 mcg at the end of the month.

Probiotic
D3 10000 IU sublingual
B12 6000 mcg sublingual
K2 100mg
r-lipoic acid 240mg
COQ10 100mg

Hi kw202,

In a nutshell, these megadoses of Vitamin D will be necessary probably forever. Not in cicles as you are doing.

Because people with Autoimmune diseases have a huge resistance with Vitamin D. So, the megadoses is super important to the immune system achieve the homeostasis.

However, to find the right ''dose'' of vitamin D3 is necessary to know your levels of Parathyroid Hormone (PTH), Weight, How many years you have MS, etc.

The standard dose is 1,000IU of Vitamin D3 per 1 kilogram (almost 2 pounds) of weight. Example: 100 kilograms = 100,000IU/D3 per day.

Remember to change your diet. Avoiding foods very high in calcium. Dairy, some nuts, etc. If you eat much calcium you will develop kidney stones.

Then, after 3 months taking this megadose will be necessary make two exams: Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) and Calcium (to know if you have much calcium in your system). Your level of PTH need to be next to 7 ~ 12 pg/ML

If you are interested read my post here with more details: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... 27128.html
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

kw202 wrote:I'm brand new, awaiting a MS dx, but likely won't happen until early next month.

The symptoms of B12 deficiency and MS overlap in many ways, in symptoms, physical presentation as well as on MRI. Given that, I would recommend that you NOT go fishing for an MS diagnosis as you might just catch it. Give the B12 a chance to work. If the sublingual supplements are not helpful, then you may need to give B12 injections a try.
kw202
Family Member

Post by kw202 »

AntonioBR wrote:
kw202 wrote:Hello!

Probiotic
D3 10000 IU sublingual
B12 6000 mcg sublingual
K2 100mg
r-lipoic acid 240mg
COQ10 100mg

Hi kw202,

In a nutshell, these megadoses of Vitamin D will be necessary probably forever. Not in cicles as you are doing.

Because people with Autoimmune diseases have a huge resistance with Vitamin D. So, the megadoses is super important to the immune system achieve the homeostasis.

However, to find the right ''dose'' of vitamin D3 is necessary to know your levels of Parathyroid Hormone (PTH), Weight, How many years you have MS, etc.

The standard dose is 1,000IU of Vitamin D3 per 1 kilogram (almost 2 pounds) of weight. Example: 100 kilograms = 100,000IU/D3 per day.

Remember to change your diet. Avoiding foods very high in calcium. Dairy, some nuts, etc. If you eat much calcium you will develop kidney stones.

Then, after 3 months taking this megadose will be necessary make two exams: Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) and Calcium (to know if you have much calcium in your system). Your level of PTH need to be next to 7 ~ 12 pg/ML

If you are interested read my post here with more details: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... 27128.html
Thanks for this - I think it seems really promising, I just wish there was a US-certified doctor giving these treatments...
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Thanks for this - I think it seems really promising, I just wish there was a US-certified doctor giving these treatments...

Hi kw202,

There is one US doctor certified in this treatment. She is from Florida. Check her address and telephone below.

Dra. Suzana Tanimoto, MD (USA)
77 8th Street South
Naples, 34102, Florida
(239) 325-2015

And there is another doctor in Canada.

-> Worldwide list of doctors that follows Coimbra's approach: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... UmwkHjTeoA

Following this treatment the disease progression can stop in a minimum of 6 months to 2 years.

Return to “Regimens”